Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of alienating myself from 90% of the supporter base - I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we took a punt on McKernan.

How many CHFs who can pinch hit in the ruck do we have? Zero - Cordy is a possibility but, realistically, is unlikely to have the output you want from a second forward. McKernan has always had the talent, but just lacked that drive and aggression - but a fresh start, along with a bit of a wake up call, could make a world of difference. He looked excellent at the beginning of the year, then had a minor injury and couldn't break back into a forward line filled with Betts, Jenkins, Lynch, Pods, Walker...it's a pretty damn good and well-balanced forward line.

He keeps Boyd out of the ruck, provides a secondary option if Cordy needs more time to develop, and allows Roughead to stay back if required.

I agree that McKernan would be a very low risk selection. The guy can play and fills a high priority need for us. Not much to lose and lots to potentially gain from his selection.

Happy for redpath to be a senior
Still got tons to work on, shame abouy austin
Liked him as a depth player and a good bloke

Wouldnt be surpised if Foster is now rookie listed allowa us to have him develop and get beasley to play at footscray part time
Allow him to train at the club with foster etc

Can he?
Haven't seen much evidence of this at AFL level.

I think he was asked to do too much in his 3 games.

Played as the lone KPF and had to play second Ruck also.

I think if we could get him in the team as the second KPF (next to Boyd) and somehow structure up so he doesn't have to be second ruck. Be that through Roughead playing the position and Moz covering him in defence or some other means, I think he would benefit significantly.

This is all obviously contingent on him having a huge summer on the track and improving his tank to (or near) AFL standard.

Could Mckernan, Redpath and Boyd all play in the same team? Along with Will, Roughy and one of Fletch or Talia? Is that going to be too tall?

The choice between Redpath and Austin is like a choice between getting punched in the face or the balls to me.
Redpath was the right choice but it still hurts.
Good luck to the guy but I hope it's only a one year deal.

echo this, but i would have gone with austin.

but congrats to jack, what a story of application and persistence. wish the lad well.

Could Mckernan, Redpath and Boyd all play in the same team? Along with Will, Roughy and one of Fletch or Talia? Is that going to be too tall?
Mckernan, Redpath and Boyd in the same forward line, plus Crameri is way too tall and just not skilled enough, or will put enough pressure on.

Mckernan, Redpath and Boyd in the same forward line, plus Crameri is way too tall and just not skilled enough, or will put enough pressure on.
No reason why Redpath and McKernan can't compete with each other for the same spot in the 22. Crameri and Stringer are mobile, and will excel as 3rd and 4th talls.

Congrats to Redpath, I thought he was a certain delist at the end of both his first two seasons, but he has come a long way and hopefully can can play the role of steam roller, meat grinder and looming giant presence in our forward line next year to take pressure and attention away from Boyd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No reason why Redpath and McKernan can't compete with each other for the same spot in the 22. Crameri and Stringer are mobile, and will excel as 3rd and 4th talls.

Congrats to Redpath, I thought he was a certain delist at the end of both his first two seasons, but he has come a long way and hopefully can can play the role of steam roller, meat grinder and looming giant presence in our forward line next year to take pressure and attention away from Boyd.
I get what people are saying with McKernan, and I still don't want him. But if we do get him, then Redpath and McKernan would definitely be competing with each other for the same spot.

Redpath McKernan competing for same spot.....yep competing for which one plays Footscray Full forward and which one starts on bench. Redpath upgrade, just chuck it on the give Howard another year, give Greenwood 3 years, upgrde Mulligan, Recruit Skinner pile

I get what people are saying with McKernan, and I still don't want him. But if we do get him, then Redpath and McKernan would definitely be competing with each other for the same spot.
Is that the left right out position?

I am glad we've given Redpath a chance though, I feel like he is definitely growing as a player. Fingers crossed he can grow enough.

Redpath McKernan competing for same spot.....yep competing for which one plays Footscray Full forward and which one starts on bench. Redpath upgrade, just chuck it on the give Howard another year, give Greenwood 3 years, upgrde Mulligan, Recruit Skinner pile

Something something baby something bathwater.

I'd love to know what your alternative to upgrading Redpath is.

The recruitment of Boyd means that life will be made a lot easier for Redpath and vice versa. The axing of Austin is a great sign. One of Talia or Roberts or both will be in line to play come Round 1.

Happy for redpath to be a senior
Still got tons to work on, shame abouy austin
Liked him as a depth player and a good bloke

Wouldnt be surpised if Foster is now rookie listed allowa us to have him develop and get beasley to play at footscray part time
Allow him to train at the club with foster etc

But my biggest concern is wtf is going on in your avatar, Vital? What am I looking at?

But my biggest concern is wtf is going on in your avatar, Vital? What am I looking at?
You are looking at VD's awesome dancing skills. He moves that fast in real life, it's pretty cool.

The recruitment of Boyd means that life will be made a lot easier for Redpath and vice versa. The axing of Austin is a great sign. One of Talia or Roberts or both will be in line to play come Round 1.

It's the man himself.

I end up posting something along these lines every year. No spuds from other clubs. Clubs arent stupid - they rarely let players go if they are up to it. If the opportunity arises to get a best 22 player from another club via the PSD then fine. If they're in the selection frame at a premiership contender then perhaps consider it if they fill a gaping hole. Otherwise don't bother.

In case you're wondering why - Macdougall, Djerrkurra, Young, Vezspremi, Sherman, Callan, Lower, Moles, Morgan, Street, Koops, Baird, Bassett, Austin, Barlow.

You have to go back a long way to find a fringe player from another club who went on to become a long time member of our 22. In the meantime that's years of spots on a list and sporadic games that could have been spent on young players that we have blown in the last decade. All of the ringins we've had that have been successful in recent times have been established players (Aker, Hudson, Welsh etc). Jury's out on Stevens but at least WC was a good side with a strong midfield at the time.

Before some smartarse picks it up, you could say Boyd was a fringe player at another club but he was an 18 year old #1 pick.

dancing...a dancing man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back