Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went to that draft as a guest of the club.

Howard was the 14th rated player on our list and the other 13 were taken before our pick 15.

The only player taken before Howard that Dalrymple didn't rate was Lucas.
spit_coffee-s576x416-126987.png

Spit-Coffee.png

Ah "Jock" Edmond.....a true blast from the past. I remember in 1984 when Malthouse dropped him from the team despite being the skipper.....that was the turning point for that team I reckon, for the first time in a while the team was picked on form and no longer on reputation and the skipper was not spared.

Jim was good player though and he came back stronger after being dropped.

Richmond didn't have 24.

We drafted Tutt at 31.

No other club had him anywhere above the third round.
I was doing the pick numbers from memory, but we were convinced the Crows would take him with a pick or two before us, whatever number it was and we found out after the draft that Richmond planned to use the pick they spent on Ben Griffiths

We are no chance to get WHE i work with his cousin who caught up with him during his break he would only come back to victoria if he could get to Geelong likes having a bit of distance from his mum and dad .
If he cant get to Geelong he's happy to stay at the GWS.

We are no chance to get WHE i work with his cousin who caught up with him during his break he would only come back to victoria if he could get to Geelong likes having a bit of distance from his mum and dad .

Thats interesting. Is it Geelong simply because we are 75 k's from Melb? Basically happy in GWS then one suspects he will stay there , but if he makes noises thru his management that he want to move I dare say the Cats would be interested next year.

I'm pretty sure his dad passed away a few years back. Step dad maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats interesting. Is it Geelong simply because we are 75 k's from Melb? Basically happy in GWS then one suspects he will stay there , but if he makes noises thru his management that he want to move I dare say the Cats would be interested next year.

IF Geelong aren't interested, it could be Dangerfield related. As much as I would love WHE at the dogs, at least he wouldn't be at GWS if he went to the cats.

IF Geelong aren't interested, it could be Dangerfield related. As much as I would love WHE at the dogs, at least he wouldn't be at GWS if he went to the cats.
Yes the recruitment by the new clubs can be irritating , and certainly not equally spread. The Dogs have paid a cost for sure.

Geelong not interested...highly doubt that. Yes we will be looking at FA's , as most know but that should not limit our recruitment of others. Next years draft is heavy with mids , so I guess they would have o balnce what they would give up for him... but his talent would make him worth an R1 for sure.

Yeah he just wants the distance even if only 75KM away but my work mate said he is also happy to stay at GWS but if he want to come to Vic it would only be the Cats.
I'm always asking how he's liking it at GWS and put in a good word for the Doggies .

I'm pretty sure his dad passed away a few years back. Step dad maybe?
Not sure if it's his step dad or not didn't get that far into his family history he just relayed he likes being a little distance from his family for a bit of independence and the Cats are his only option if he comes back to Victoria.

Another draft & preseason draft has come and gone.
We have a few new pups and some old dogs back.

Finally we have a KPF who is taller than the smiling assassin!

Another draft & preseason draft has come and gone.
We have a few new pups and some old dogs back.

Finally we have a KPF who is taller than the smiling assassin!

Still have an unbalanced list between genuine key position players (i think Cordy is a 2nd or 3rd tall not key posi) vs mids, at least Talia should get a good chance next year.

Good to see we seem to have tried to fix the outside run and not recruited any more slow inside midfielders though

Just out of interest & to kick off the discussion for next year - would people rather:

Trade our first pick for Carlisle?

Trade our firts pick for Talia?

Free agent Rance for nothing?

F/A for Rance ;) think it is pretty unlikely to happen

Essendon would want more then just our first round pick to
unless it was maybe pick 1 :( and there was a player they really wanted

eh, why not both? :p

Rance would be such a nice pick up. I do wonder when it's time for us to go hard at free agents. By definition you do want to be pushing into a window around that time

F/A for Rance ;) think it is pretty unlikely to happen

Essendon would want more then just our first round pick to
unless it was maybe pick 1 :( and there was a player they really wanted

eh, why not both? :p
Why not also look at others apart from these two?
I prefer drafting but our KPP drafting hasn't been good, so happy to trade for them.

Rance would be such a nice pick up. I do wonder when it's time for us to go hard at free agents. By definition you do want to be pushing into a window around that time

Given Cotchin has signed a long term deal recently (announced today) I would suspect that they'll be looking to secure Rance ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back