Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know what Jake's issue is......his hair is too long and he needs to lose the beard. Hair a fraction shorter on the weekend and he played a bit better. I rest me case. ;)

Having looked bemusedly at our team over the last couple of years, I have been trying to figure out a couple of things:
1]. When did we hire a shearer ?
2]. Who is it and why isn't he mentioned on the staff lists ?
3]. Why the hell did we bother ?

Glad the AFL has added player names to the guernseys, as with all those shorn craniums, it can be hard to tell one head from another.

Matt Rosa has put off contract talks with the Eagles, and suggests that free agency is tempting (especially if a return to Victoria is on the cards). Anybody interested?

We might look at Rosa if he makes himself available I guess. But honestly Dannnnn, of all the names that have been touted on this forum as potential Bulldogs, for me Carlisle would be top of my list.

We might look at Rosa if he makes himself available I guess. But honestly Dannnnn, of all the names that have been touted on this forum as potential Bulldogs, for me Carlisle would be top of my list.

Agree , if Carlisle becomes available we should throw the kitchen sink at him.

Mike closed the vent thread on me , so not sure where I put this ?
but for those that saw the game ( I havn't ) , How do you rate Bont - any predictions how far he can go ?
And how did Tarlia go ?
Bonts was great in traffic. Long arms were great at getting the ball out. His first quarter was terrible but his maturity shone through in the way he worked himself into the game. If he can come to terms with the pace of the game at AFL level and learn not to rush his disposal (particularly his kicks) he could be a scary good player.

Talia was solid considering he was on a hiding to nothing. Should keep his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dannnnnnnnnn you got a watch list for the U18s? Also know where Issiah Miller is playing, since not getting picked up last year?
Liam Griffiths and Sean McLaren are the major two that aren't getting as much attention as I think they will by the end of the year. I'll give you some more names when I have a bit more time, but I'm keen on both early.

Miller's playing for Williamstown but I think he's been playing in the development league.

Liam Griffiths and Sean McLaren are the major two that aren't getting as much attention as I think they will by the end of the year. I'll give you some more names when I have a bit more time, but I'm keen on both early.

Miller's playing for Williamstown but I think he's been playing in the development league.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/griffiths-a-star-in-the-making-20120817-24ecc.html

I assume that is the player you mean, I liked what I've seen of McLaren to
a player that I also like is Ryan Lim, he occasionally gets mentioned though

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/griffiths-a-star-in-the-making-20120817-24ecc.html

I assume that is the player you mean, I liked what I've seen of McLaren to
a player that I also like is Ryan Lim, he occasionally gets mentioned though
Yeah, that's him; article is from two years ago though. ;) Has slipped off the radar a little but I expect him to be back up in top 20-30 calculations by the end of the year.

I'm not a fan of players who just can't seem to nail down a position to call their own (rightly or wrongly) and as such Lim has slipped a little bit. I'd like to see him cement himself as a genuine midfielder that can pinch hit elsewhere rather than the type of guy that just moves around constantly within games and from game-to-game.

Yeah, that's him; article is from two years ago though. ;) Has slipped off the radar a little but I expect him to be back up in top 20-30 calculations by the end of the year.

I'm not a fan of players who just can't seem to nail down a position to call their own (rightly or wrongly) and as such Lim has slipped a little bit. I'd like to see him cement himself as a genuine midfielder that can pinch hit elsewhere rather than the type of guy that just moves around constantly within games and from game-to-game.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...r-ainslies-liam-griffiths-20140117-3105n.html

dang, McVeigh really talks him up and he looks pretty tall & slim
know his height & weight?

I hope so
Still, if you want a good laugh after the next draft and we do get one of those two
Look at Facebook when we don't draft a forward with our first pick, even though the best lot of KPFs will likely be gone
We'll probably go second or third round on a KPF. What would make the facebook meltdown worse is if we didn't try to get one at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back