Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot Ben Griffiths from Richmond as well. Would it be worth poaching the their very own Liam Jones?

It's no mystery the vast majority of these guys will re-sign, but all it takes is a call to their agent & a good offer and they'll request a move. Don't think many people would've thought we'd get Crameri early in 2013 when he was one of the Bombers' most consistent forwards.

Forgot Ben Griffiths from Richmond as well. Would it be worth poaching the their very own Liam Jones?

It's no mystery the vast majority of these guys will re-sign, but all it takes is a call to their agent & a good offer and they'll request a move. Don't think many people would've thought we'd get Crameri early in 2013 when he was one of the Bombers' most consistent forwards.

I agree with the intent, but personally I believe we were working on Crameri from the beginning of last year, in much the same way Franklin and Sydney, and GWS and everyone talked for a long time before the trades happened. I find it hard to believe good players change their minds overnight (i.e. during post-season/trade period). Even Carlton and Thomas. I reckon Crameri took the field for most Essendon games last year knowing he was unlikely to be there in 2014. But that's all my opinion of course ;).

Sorry GrandBlue, but if someone offers Higgins 750k a year, I'll eat my hat, your hat, and everyone on BF's hat.

He is not a target for expansion clubs at that price, nor in the Franklin/Thomas mould. That is just fantasy stuff.
I know it's practically impossible, however in the hypothetical scenario he finishes the year averaging 26 disposals & kicking 30+ goals, you never know; not that it's even a 1% chance of happening.

Mitch Brown won't re-sign?

I think if we were to go for a player like Scott Lycett, he'd have to be getting more opportunities at the side he is going to
he is quite reliable up forward as well, not sure on his tap work
but would keep Campbell/Cordy out of the side, unless Minson was injured/rested

or Lycett might just head back to SA
Lycett's rated pretty highly by WCE isn;t he? He does have a lot of competition for spots and he does seem ahead of both Campbell & Cordy as a R2 - ruck/forward role

Lycett's rated pretty highly by WCE isn;t he? He does have a lot of competition for spots and he does seem ahead of both Campbell & Cordy as a R2 - ruck/forward role
I wouldn't know how highly they rate him, but including him I think WCE have about 5 ruckmen and he'd be the third in line
not sure how they rate Sinclair

Come on guys, you're all wasting your time...

Ideally, we will take Z.Cordy, Foster and Kennedy as late round father-sons (who will all turn into Lachie Hunter draft wins), trade our first two picks to GWS for Patton and Hoskin-Elliott (who between them will win the Coleman, Tuck, Brownlow and Norm Smith medals in 2015), and snap up Jake Carlisle through some obscure loophole. The 2015 premiership team will be:

B: Prudden Roughead Talia
HB: Murphy Carlisle Higgins
C: Hoskin-Elliott Cooney Macrae
HF: Hunter Jones Crameri
F: Grant Patton Dahlhaus
Foll: Minson Griffen Liberatore
I/C: Z.Cordy Smith Picken
Super-sub: Stringer
Emerg: Young Wood Bontempelli Wallis Stevens
Boyd and Morris will retire with Gia this year.

I know I probably missed someone, but what the hell...

Don't to to me about Frost, we had him under our nose at Williamstown, same as Rampe, Sydney Swans, be we are so lucky, Rampe and Frost were both Rookie listed, we are so lucky, have a look at what we kept, I just love Howard.
Bucks loves Frost, unless Frost has a shocking rest of the season, they would want to keep him.

Tom Campbell! He sits out the 2015 flag, so he can play in the 2016 one. In the side above, to chop-out Will, Z.Cordy goes back, Talia and Carlisle take tall forwards and Roughy rucks. Or Patton is the backup ruck, as Z.Cordy will be our Adam Hunter-swingman. Easy.

D:

oj17q1.jpg

I move him on if he is worth a round 1 pick. Just remember he is a family friend of Macca, he gets a good go at the Bulldogs, for a bloke who consistently under performs, first round pick, move him on for mine.
When has he consistently underperformed under Macca? He was one of our best in 2011 played 3 games last year and has been one of our best this year.
Family friend business is irrelevant. If it's even true that it's even a factor in McCartney's thinking. I think he has more integrity than that.

When has he consistently underperformed under Macca? He was one of our best in 2011 played 3 games last year and has been one of our best this year.
Family friend business is irrelevant. If it's even true that it's even a factor in McCartney's thinking. I think he has more integrity than that.

Overheard at WO Jan 2014:
BM: "Hey Shaun, look, it looks like we don't have a game plan, so I need to think fast. I was talking to your dad, and your mum, and your uncle Fester, and they all said you played a game in u/13s off half back and kicked 5 goals. I;m thinking, if we try that this year, you can get lots of the ball, and I'll look like I've got a game plan. Waddya think?"
SH: "Okay, as long as I get lots of kicks. Can I do some of the kickouts too, Murph gets all the glory for his skills, but I've got skills too!"
BM: "Kickouts, I don't know Shaunie, there's Roughy and Goodesy too, gee, that's a hard one."
SH: "If you don't let me do kickouts I'll tell dad."
BM: "No, no, don't do that. Ok, the kickouts thing might be ok. Deal then?"
SH: "You bet"

BM walks away muttering "oh boy, wowee, I might have a gameplan...."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BM: "Hey Shaun, look, it looks like we don't have a game plan, so I need to think fast. I was talking to your dad, and your mum, and your uncle Fester, and they all said you played a game in u/13s off half back and kicked 5 goals. I;m thinking, if we try that this year, you can get lots of the ball, and I'll look like I've got a game plan. Waddya think?"
SH: "Okay, as long as I get lots of kicks. Can I do some of the kickouts too, Murph gets all the glory for his skills, but I've got skills too!"
BM: "Kickouts, I don't know Shaunie, there's Roughy and Goodesy too, gee, that's a hard one."

Nothing to worry about then if Macca's in regular contact with uncle Fester.

That's why we will continue to under achieve, a few home truths on Higgins, he is slow, not a great overhead mark, plays outside, does not win a lot of his own inside ball.
Not the sought of bloke you would build a team on, been at the club 8 years, he has had 5 games this year, his performance, says it all. In and out form at best.
Where was he on the week end when we needed someone to stand up. Mate good players that I have played with, and have seen over the years perform week in week out, this bloke does not.
Good clubs make these decision's on blokes like Higgins, when I think about it, better players than Higgins.
Is he better than Lake, I think NOT.
But if we can trade him, plus a pick for Patton. It's a no brainer,
Higgins would be the first bloke to move on for mine, while he has some capital.
We do not have to many we can offer up, but we have quite a few give aways.

Sounds pretty good.

People just love giving Higgins s**t. I'm very happy with his output this year given the injury he is coming back from.

:eek: I'm not having a go at him, my "overheard conversation" was a p*sstake of several contentious "issues" on this board atm.

And black pup liked it so much he quoted it without adding any comment!

:eek: I'm not having a go at him, my "overheard conversation" was a p*sstake of several contentious "issues" on this board atm.

And black pup liked it so much he quoted it without adding any comment!
he added, sounds pretty good
at the end of it?

I think he will probably stay, but was wondering how we can best benefit if he does leave

Higgins has to go, is he even that good of a kick??? I don't think so, he hits up targets when he has all the time in the world, slightest bit of pressure he turns the footy over, or bombs it ??

Higgins has to go, is he even that good of a kick??? I don't think so, he hits up targets when he has all the time in the world, slightest bit of pressure he turns the footy over, or bombs it ??
You've gotta be kidding... Yes, he is a good kick. Clearly one of the better kicks in our side. Why would we get rid of him when he's playing well?

Higgins is one of the best kicks in the side on both feet.

We've spent numerous years waiting for Higgins to come good, lambasting his injury history, and now when he finally starts playing some good footy we just want to let him leave through free agency? :confused: I don't understand at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back