Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say it annoys me a little that people last year were so determined not to trade Minson, but now they can't get rid of him fast enough.

He was every bit as valuable to us in 2014 as he was in 2013. The only difference was he had a down year. But he still carried the team in the stoppages. Neither Campbell nor Cordy are even close to taking over. So the cost of losing Minson is the same this year as last year. The only difference is last year we could have received MUCH more in the trade.

Last year I thought he was worth moving on in a bid to secure that tall forward. But this year i can't see us getting more than a pick in the 20s for him, if we're lucky. And I don't think the cost of losing Minson is worth that.

What happened to buy cheap, sell high?
Yep. Should have made the move 12 months ago.
To much nostalgia and love sometimes

Why can't we be really bold?
Trade, Griffin, Cooney & Minson.
Cooney to Hawks for their R1 pick. Minson to Port for their R1. Griffin to GWS for Boyd & WHE (or pick 3).
I will personally miss Minson but he won't be here by the time we are in the Premiership Window. Same with Cooney and Griff will either become too slow or be a HBF.
I am sure to get some hate for this post.... It is my same message as last year & we have not really moved forward.

Cooney to Hawks for their R1 pick. Minson to Port for their R1. Griffin to GWS for Boyd & WHE (or pick 3).
I will personally miss Minson but he won't be here by the time we are in the Premiership Window. Same with Cooney and Griff will either become too slow or be a HBF.
I am sure to get some hate for this post.... It is my same message as last year & we have not really moved forward.

Bold is one thing - trading our captain is another.

Will should be on the table but it must be for at least a first round pick or better and if not take him off the table.

His strength is one of his great assets and he does get his hands to the ball al lot. His second and third efforts are fantastic.

His weaknesses are to few marks around the ground, poor decision making with the football, to many silly free kicks and too many hit outs not to advantage.

The only trade i think is even slightly viable is the Minson trade, wouldn't get a first for Cooney, and GWS wouldn't trade either of those guys for Griff, last year maybe, not anymore now he is the other side of 28.

Minson in aa form 8 games
Minson in poor form 7 games
Should have traded him when he's ceiling was at its pointy end.
Missed a trick there. The fact is he has had a poor year and we've won 7 games
Go time now for Ayce and Tom
Just querying that you said Ayce? Have we recruited another Ayce, one that can play?

The only trade i think is even slightly viable is the Minson trade, wouldn't get a first for Cooney, and GWS wouldn't trade either of those guys for Griff, last year maybe, not anymore now he is the other side of 28.
I kind of agree with this.... It was a shame we didn't get this done last year. Perhaps we tried but GWS wouldn't trade pick 1!
Perhaps we should apply for a priority pick, outline that we got shafted in the Ward compensation and are asking for an end of first round pick. No other team should complain, particularly when we ask for end of first round not a pick 2 that the Dees asked for.

I don't want to sound like one of those w***ers, but if Griff is anywhere near being traded (which I garentee he isn't) you can count me out of a 2015 membership.

Moves like that rip the soul out of your club, this isn't NBA.

I'm really happy to hear we are into Peter Wright, praying we can land him... If we have managed to get Casboult from Carlton like all the rumours are saying, then our KPF stocks are already looking a lot healthier with Jones, Wright, Casboult pushing for a spot. Getting a few of these guys into our team will be massive to take pressure off Crameri and Stringer. Being able to make Crameri and Jake our 3rd + 4th talls is going to be enormous for our FWD line, Stringer will eat most 4th tall defenders for breakfast next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really happy to hear we are into Peter Wright, praying we can land him... If we have managed to get Casboult from Carlton like all the rumours are saying, then our KPF stocks are already looking a lot healthier with Jones, Wright, Casboult pushing for a spot. Getting a few of these guys into our team will be massive to take pressure off Crameri and Stringer. Being able to make Crameri and Jake our 3rd + 4th talls is going to be enormous for our FWD line, Stringer will eat most 4th tall defenders for breakfast next year.
Stringer will eat most defenders for breakfast next year.........

I love when opposition supporters come into a thread like this and shop around one of their players to gauge the interest- as if our interest has anything to do with what will happen in trade week. Perhaps we could institute a system whereby our respective clubs promise to go with any decision agreed upon by the majority of their representatives on bigfooty. We could start the season with 7 talls in our forward line and James Frawley could line up for 9 games every week, playing for everybody except Melbourne.

Going through the trades last year, Longer went for 28 and knives, Big Boy McEvoy went for 18 and a potato... There's a lot of really talented, good quality AFL players that can be got with picks up to 50. If we want someone, you can get the deal done if you're creative enough.

Note that the Lions and Saints (to some extent) have announced delistings. Does anyone know when dogs will announce theres?

If Bellchambers tells Essendon he wants out and is pushing for a move, I would offer the obvious Minson + maybe a later round pick upgrade for him. An alternative would be the Higgins compo pick (27 or so?) + Grant, then look to move Minson to a premiership contender in a separate deal. Does anyone think either of those are unreasonable either way?

I don't know why Essendon would want to trade Bellchambers, Ryder and him are the ideal ruck combination.

As Kelvin31 said yesterday and rumors have started on 3AW this morning about a Player having a falling out with a coach and will be retiring
It is Matthew Boyd by the sounds of it that will retire

If Bellchambers tells Essendon he wants out and is pushing for a move, I would offer the obvious Minson + maybe a later round pick upgrade for him. An alternative would be the Higgins compo pick (27 or so?) + Grant, then look to move Minson to a premiership contender in a separate deal. Does anyone think either of those are unreasonable either way?

would you really want to be trading with dodo again, forget essendon let others waste their trade period with those clowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back