Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, Jones is a must keep. Suban wants to come home and is keen on the dogs, Harvey to bombers might tempt him there though.
Can i ask why Suban is keen on us, is there reasoning there or he simply picking most attractive that might be interested. Although it's the first time i've seen his name mentioned.

Can i ask why Suban is keen on us, is there reasoning there or he simply picking most attractive that might be interested. Although it's the first time i've seen his name mentioned.
Heard it from someone claiming to know a family member, that said he's contacted till 2016, apparently he's not happy with limited opportunities. Originally from BMarsh, dogs close to home?

Wright is not ready for AFL. Maybe 1.5 years away. People need to plan for that, and not expect too much. He needs muscle to stand up to the punishment he will cop.
Redpath is more ready for FF next year than wright.

Oh of course. My scenario on the page before was for 2,3,4 years down the track, I wouldn't expect Wright to play much part next year. I expect him to be pretty similar impact wise a guy like Daniher for Essendon for the first 2 years.

What do you think Subans value is??
Trade wise probably a 3rd rnd pick. Like his attack on the ball, genuine hard nut. Freo signed him till 2016 so I reckon they'll play hard ball if he does want out. Former Vic Cty skipper so obviously has good leadership qualities

Oh of course. My scenario on the page before was for 2,3,4 years down the track, I wouldn't expect Wright to play much part next year. I expect him to be pretty similar impact wise a guy like Daniher for Essendon for the first 2 years.
needs to play enough afl games for development but enough vfl games so he can play in the back-back flag

And this is the beauty of the standalone VFL side, we can dictate and properly manage his development. Can't wait for the Dogs dynasty to commence...

In an ideal world where you are the List Manager, who from the senior list should we delist or move on and which (if any) rookies should be promoted? Tough decisions I know, but I'm interested in the views of someone who is probably more on the ruthless side of the spectrum and who watches a lot of live footy - I reckon you qualify Butane. I don't get to see us play live as often as many of our Melbourne based brethren and would love your opinion on this.

Feel free to ignore this if I'm putting you too much on the spot...

Well it's tough because I'm confused about the direction of the club - let me rephrase that - I know the direction of the club but list/selection decisions run counter that sometimes. Why did we not play Goodes when he was clearly in our best 22? If he's not going to play, delist him, poor bloke. I'm not sold that Gia as a sub was a success - even the club semi-retired him mid-season. I can't and won't ever be able to prove that it wasn't a success but I fear Boyd will go into that role next year and get equally as dubious results in both the short and long term.

I'd also probably get rid of Higgins. If he had of been played in is correct position for the past 3 years than I reckon I wouldn't be saying that at all but we have to many fwds and he's expensive for his output. I'd delist Grant but they won't because he has an extra year. If we traded him we'd probably have to pay him to be on somebody else list. Which knowing our luck he'd hit form while on our money. So we suck that up and keep him and pray. Same goes with Fuller - he's got another year to go so he won't be going anywhere and I understand that.

Pearce and Howard are obvious choices and Young's fate might come down to Wood signing a contract or not in the next 3 weeks. Can't imagine us losing to many of Pearce, Howard, Goodes, Young and Wood in the same year. That would be a list * up. All can play backline-ish in some capacity.

We also have to sign Jones. If Jones played for any other club we'd throwing our seconder rounder + a sweetener at him. I'm on the fence with Austin and Redpath. Redpath has more upside so I'd be happy to see him elevated and I'm ok with Austin getting another year.

Higgins going, Gia gone, Williams gone, Goodes gone, Howard gone, Austin? Maybe staying as insurance, Young.. must be thanked for his services, and ushered out the door ASAP. Minson to be shopped about. Freo willing to agree to a deal which will see Suban a dog, will want Jones, dogs will offer Grant
Not that bothered about Suban. I am not sure what he brings to us that we need. He is a solid player but isn't endowed with great foot speed.
I would hope that we don't have to trade a player like Jones to get Suban because if that is the case I don't think we are winning.

Well it's tough because I'm confused about the direction of the club - let me rephrase that - I know the direction of the club but list/selection decisions run counter that sometimes. Why did we not play Goodes when he was clearly in our best 22? If he's not going to play, delist him, poor bloke. I'm not sold that Gia as a sub was a success - even the club semi-retired him mid-season. I can't and won't ever be able to prove that it wasn't a success but I fear Boyd will go into that role next year and get equally as dubious results in both the short and long term.

I'd also probably get rid of Higgins. If he had of been played in is correct position for the past 3 years than I reckon I wouldn't be saying that at all but we have to many fwds and he's expensive for his output. I'd delist Grant but they won't because he has an extra year. If we traded him we'd probably have to pay him to be on somebody else list. Which knowing our luck he'd hit form while on our money. So we suck that up and keep him and pray. Same goes with Fuller - he's got another year to go so he won't be going anywhere and I understand that.

Pearce and Howard are obvious choices and Young's fate might come down to Wood signing a contract or not in the next 3 weeks. Can't imagine us losing to many of Pearce, Howard, Goodes, Young and Wood in the same year. That would be a list **** up. All can play backline-ish in some capacity.

We also have to sign Jones. If Jones played for any other club we'd throwing our seconder rounder + a sweetener at him. I'm on the fence with Austin and Redpath. Redpath has more upside so I'd be happy to see him elevated and I'm ok with Austin getting another year.

Nice assessment !!

Heard a rumour if Ward wins a brownlow it activates a condition in his contract that compels the AFL to give us our second first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can also see Reid saying "errrr, I'm contracted in Sydney. I'm happy to go home to Victoria, but I'd rather stay in Sydney than move to Perth. Trade me to the dogs or I'll stay here where I'm comfy thank you very much."
Good point, I often neglect the human aspect of it.

Heard a rumour if Ward wins a brownlow it activates a condition in his contract that compels the AFL to give us our second first round pick.

Did you start the rumour? It's all been dealt with, we've got unders & the AFL gave us enough money to keep us treading water. Now we're sustainable

Edit - this concept is why Melbourne shouldn't get another compo pick, as they already got 2 for Scully who is a lot less of a player than Ward. Same with Frawley, if they get pick 3 for him it's a joke

Last edited:
Not that bothered about Suban. I am not sure what he brings to us that we need. He is a solid player but isn't endowed with great foot speed.
I would hope that we don't have to trade a player like Jones to get Suban because if that is the case I don't think we are winning.
Elite kicking?

Sorry to say he won't adapt. He is overawed by the city.

And also very mentally weak. Will not be able to handle the demands of training and AFL Football. Couldn't even handle simpler tasks on the show, gave up often. Will never make it at AFL level

Both look like the found there level though. Nothing I could see that would push me to recruit them.
I like the Hayes boys, 19 years old, smooth movers and classy ball users. Fogs is tough but at 23 he probably is at the right level unless he can get super fit and become a full time midfielder.

I think we now take a 3rd rounder for Grant if we can. In case we have to use our picks on cordy and foster, would like another live pick in case someone slips.
We really don't lose anything, Dickson provides the depth to cover him. And if we are going for Reid, draft picks make sense for Sydney, so another reason to get another draft pick. Surely someone like Carlton would give their 3rd round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back