Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the Tigers V Bombers game tonight. There was a scuffle at the half time break, Cotchin barely touched carlisle with an open hand to the ribs and he went down like he was shot. Looked at my mate and we both said "5hit that was weak". Great hands but not sure about Carlisle.
I'm with you on that one

Whe is consistently played out of position. He's a goal kicking wingman every day of the week. He ain't a small forward.
I would take him but don't rate him highly at all. Maybe not seeing what others do, I see him as a lesser player than a Polec. I dunno Fronk you really rate him that highly?

At 192 cm, is Haynes a bit short for KP defender?
Perhaps it's a Josh Gibson role they're looking at. Looks like that could be the way our defensive system is trending (Hawk like). Good readers of the ball in flight who are athletic and smart enough to leave their own opponents to help out the defender assigned to the monster (Cameron, Hawkins etc) when the grenade comes in. Have seen examples of Roberts in particular helping out Talia when this happens. Those rare beasts (Hawkins etc) then have to beat a system rather than a particular opponent. Defensive pressure upfield is also part of it.

Hope he keeps playing s**t, his value is dropping by the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whe is consistently played out of position. He's a goal kicking wingman every day of the week. He ain't a small forward.

He plays with zero intensity Fronk. The WHE love on here completely escapes me and if others can't see what a downhill skier he is, I hope that McCartney can.

We had "a very very very very very keen eye" on him today

I would take Haynes in a heartbeat - significantly better player than WHE will ever be. Make it happen Panna.

I would take Haynes in a heartbeat - significantly better player than WHE will ever be. Make it happen Panna.
Not sure anyone would debate that Haynes is, and will be, a better player than whe. Said it yesterday, but I can see him rivalling the Bont as one of the best mid/utilities in the game. A potential top 10 player. He's also contracted for 2 and half more years, so I'm not sure it matters to be honest.

I understand the queries on whe. I'm very confident he's being butchered at gws and is a very special and unique talent if played as a goal kicking wingman. Like all young players, we're all guessing though. Interesting to see if he re-signs or not.

Not sure anyone would debate that Haynes is, and will be, a better player than whe. Said it yesterday, but I can see him rivalling the Bont as one of the best mid/utilities in the game. A potential top 10 player. He's also contracted for 2 and half more years, so I'm not sure it matters to be honest.

I understand the queries on whe. I'm very confident he's being butchered at gws and is a very special and unique talent if played as a goal kicking wingman. Like all young players, we're all guessing though. Interesting to see if he re-signs or not.

Man I hope Haynes has made noises he wants to come back to Victoria. Perfect for us.

Man I hope Haynes has made noises he wants to come back to Victoria. Perfect for us.
I don't know whether he is coming, whether we can get him etc but we had a scout specifically scouting him solely yesterday to prepare a report for the List Management team.

I don't know whether he is coming, whether we can get him etc but we had a scout specifically scouting him solely yesterday to prepare a report for the List Management team.
Perhaps WHE can be the steak knives?

Are you guys out of your minds- of course we should go after Jake. One of the best contested marks in the comp when his confidence is up.
100% agree.

Our defence is looking good but they are all types that either like to play off their man, or don't play on the "main" forward. We still look totally inept and nervous when the high ball comes in to a one on one contest. It hurt us numerous times yesterday. Easy goals. In finals football when these sorts of contests are consistently forced by heavy pressure up the ground, I worry that it won't stand up often enough to minimise the opponent's scoring. Help defence is important and we've been good at it, but we can't always rely on it.

Carlisle would give us that capable one-on-one defender that can take the brutes, but also provide some drive. Will make our other defenders' jobs much easier, too.

If Z. Cordy comes on quickly this year, ie good enough to play 3-5 games at some point this season, no reason to get Haynes with Cordy there.

I'd like Carlisle but not sure I'd be prepared to offer $750,000 per season over 5 years as well as our first rounder (8-12) + a Hunter/Hrorat/Roberts type.
I think our defence has been doing really well and our KPD's are young and should improve from here - Roughead on the resting ruck (his 24), Talia on the #1 Forward (his 22), and Roberts (his 21) or Hamling (his 22) on the #2 Forward. If we used him as a swingman id be more open to the idea (but i think it was Panno? who said if he came to us it would be in defence only).

If they don't come good we just do what Hawthorn did and pick up a KPD through FA/Draft (Frawley for free and Gibson/Lake cheap).
Would prefer to offer our first (8-12) and Hunter/Hrovrat for a pacy mid such as Bennell (obviously wont happen with his attitude/issues) or pick up a Ah Chee/Balic in the draft or a second forward like Curnow/Schache and keep the 750k to use on a FA.

I know we won't get Rance but Rance on say 625k + Keeping our 1st (8-12) is more appealing to me than Carlisle on 750k. Not sure who is out of contract next year, but I'm sure we could get someone good through FA with 750k while retaining our picks/players.

It's probably a unpopular opinion and I'd love Carlisle. But we traded Griffen + #6 + A million per season (+ Griffs Salary) for Boyd, to trade our first rounder again + solid player as well as 750k p/a for Carlisle just seems like alot when Hawthorn are picking up guys like Frawley and retaining there players/picks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back