Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon interest in Bennell has GC wanting more then Fremantle's second , now reportedly want # 16 . I reckon there second and a player ...will get it done .

At the moment, we are lack of players that can put ball on the foot quickly. He seems to have the sense of quick decision making like Rioli and Wellingham. I heard he is a good tackler too. The only issue is he is quite short and skinny by AFL standard(may be he is still young). However, if he is another Rioli, it will be a good get.

He's not really like Rioli, plays further up the ground, bit more like Brad Hill (without the extreme endurance). He's not a goal sneek.

Yeah i see him as a better forward than mid at this stage he's a good tackler has a rugby background would be good at putting forward pressure on..If we get him and jetta it definitely adds some speed to the side, I'm warming to the idea !
Sound exciting. isn't it?
And good to see the Eagles lovers wake up early in the morning to participate in the positive discussion too!

He's not really like Rioli, plays further up the ground, bit more like Brad Hill (without the extreme endurance). He's not a goal sneek.
Good to see somebody knows him more to participate. As I said before, we can only judge from those YouTube video which a sample of what he does and good at.

I certainly like the idea of Jed Anderson over Jetta, although i must confess i had him in my SC all year thinking he was going to do something special in the seniors and he constantly let me down. Watching him carefully each game he played, he was cringe-worthily bad folks.

The real question is, does Minson have the capability of playing forward?

I certainly like the idea of Jed Anderson over Jetta, although i must confess i had him in my SC all year thinking he was going to do something special in the seniors and he constantly let me down. Watching him carefully each game he played, he was cringe-worthily bad folks.

The real question is, does Minson have the capability of playing forward?
Having a quick read of the Hawks board they seem pretty devastated that he has requested a trade and believe he would have played close to a full season next year. It sounds promising..

From reading a few things it sounds like he's been injured a fair bit over the last couple of years, could be why he hasn't played a lot

Did his shoulder last year - out for almost all of it.

Few years earlier he got pneumonia when hunting in the NT and was out for a lot of it.

A lot of untapped potential - hasn't had a consistent run at it and is only 22 at the start of next year.

We need a player like him in our team - can play up forward and bit higher up the ground.

^ bye bye Hill

Josh Hill just kicked 40 goals and had a career best season.

Why does every ******* banana think Jetta/Anderson/Minson is simply going to come in and perform better than that? Getting tired of repeating this.

Why does every ******* banana think Jetta/Anderson/Minson is simply going to come in and perform better than that? Getting tired of repeating this.
Oh, I'm with you brother! Let's just ditch 40 goals out of the team!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no guarantee that Jed Anderson will play more than 4 games with us..
He's better off picking another club

Don't forget Tunbridge.
I think Simmo might have already. :)
There is no guarantee that Jed Anderson will play more than 4 games with us..
He's better off picking another club
Yep, exactly what I was thinking when I was reading the reasons for the trade request, a la Colledge. Pick Carlton or Brisbane, you should get games there.

Don't forget Tunbridge.

Tunbridge is gonners.

Anderson is class, manic pressure and finds the goals.

Anderson gives us something we need urgently and have done for the past 4 seasons.

Excellent trade in if it materialises

Potential round 1 team for 2016:

B: S.Wellingham, E. Mckenzie, S.Hurn

HB: W. Schofield, M. Brown, B.Sheppard

C: L. Jetta, M.Priddis, A. Gaff

HF: E. Yeo, J.Darling, J.Mcgovern

F: M.LeCras, J.Kennedy, J. Cripps

Foll: N.Naitanui, D.Sheed, L.Shuey

Inter: C.Masten, J. Redden, J. Anderson, L. Duggan

This team immediately seems a lot stronger to me mainly because it improves our bottom 6 . Potential changes would be for Lycett to come in and sit on the bench and for Schofield to drop out for either Ellis or Butler. Both Anderson and Jetta provide pace and good goal scoring from the midfield and Duggan and redden add class and depth. I would also think Anderson would get a game in front of Cripps if push came to shove. I liken him to a Walters type player who is proficient in front of goal but more then capable in the midfield.

Notable ins:
Mckenzie
Brown
Jetta
Redden
Anderson
Duggan

Notable outs:
Sinclair
Ellis
Butler
Rosa
Hutchings
Hill

Yeah I dont get it. So many people want Hill gone and act as though he did nothing. The guy just kicked 40 goals. Almost more than Lecras. When Nicoski kicked 40 goals we didnt hear the end of it for about 3 seasons.

We'd find a spot in the 22 for Anderson. Very exciting if we can get him and would take him before Jetta and Redden.

Yeah I dont get it. So many people want Hill gone and act as though he did nothing. The guy just kicked 40 goals. Almost more than Lecras. When Nicoski kicked 40 goals we didnt hear the end of it for about 3 seasons.
It's not that Hill had a bad year but I would argue McGovern would kick 40 goals if he spends the year forward and if we go with three talls then we will be putting fast mid/fwds around them as opposed to small forwards who play tall. Lecras and hill are similar in this regard and I would play Lecca over Hill any day of the week. The way the game is played these days with lots of goals coming from turnovers and running the length of the ground for goals then players like Jetta, Anderson and Cripps are of more value then players like Hill. Hill also clearly lacks in other areas of his game as recognised by the coaches voting as he didn't finish in the top 10 despite being top 3 for our goalkicking.

Simmo has a good idea of Jed's capability. Injuries mixed with an extremely talented hawks side makes it incredibly tough to break into.

Same situation as Lycett with the injuries and yet we all fap to him.

Personally i think Lecras is overrated. He was class back in 2008 - 2011 but i think he's a shadow of the former player he was.

Surprised with such a high finish in our B&F. He's not a genuine goal sneak, Hill is the closest we have and despite being a lazy sack of ass sometimes, he's important to this team until we can find someone who can play that role properly to replace him.

Saying any old part time player is "better than Hill" is a load of bollocks. Both Anderson and Jetta don't play that role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back