List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We r fu*ked if we don't get anyone!! Every year it wait till next year will we get someone. Our list is ageing and we need high end talent now! Have a feeling hardwick won't be there come the end of next year.

No point trading for the sake of it.... Makes BF more interesting. The trades we will be doing will be for 2nd/3rd round picks. Unless we can land a Shiel type (probably harder to get done this year compared to next).

Of the high end guys mentioned as available, who would you want?

I'd want Beams (who isn't really available).... that's it. Or Shiel (who isn't available yet).

Other types I'd consider (and dependent on what we would have to give up) would be:
Taylor Hunt (can see a run with/back pocket role for him),
Levi Greenwood (much better version of what we tried to turn Grigg into) and a pretty good Jackson/Thomas replacement
Garlett (if he is in the right headspace)
O'Rourke/Jaksch (probably not going to be prepared to give up what they want)
Burbery - seems to be good enough, wonder what the issues are?

Not really sure what else is out there and available and we won't really know what is offered up behind closed doors....

Don't want (due to what we would need to pay or don't think they fit our team/list currently):
Frawley
Higgins
Ryder
Gorringe
Robinson
Waite
Merrett
Any delistings that I've seen from clubs so far....

My definition of a youngster is upto age 21/22. And Langford is 22. hahaha.

Ha ha. Well Langford is a mile ahead of Greenwood on many fronts.

But seriously. Ellis, Vlastuin, McIntosh, McDonough, McBean who else less than 23?

BTW I regard less than 22 young!

450925976-anthony-miles-of-the-tigers-marks-the-ball-gettyimages.jpg
Reece+Conca+AFL+Rd+7+Richmond+v+Fremantle+jKto_tHHRW0l.jpg

For the last few years we've been out and about pumping our own tyres and where has that got us massively overated in the eyes of the media. Time to let the football do the talking

Wow.
Just read through 20 pages of posts from the last two days.
Logged on and thought ooooooo so exciting something must have happened.

******* nothing.
i just logged on to see the same & thought "i'm not reading all of that" so went to last 3 pages (don't want to be here all night reading dribble as i did last night)

Something is brewing.
No links to any players but constant mention of how we have room in the salary cap.
keep it there for next year, Draft this year. there's no delisted Players worth chasing nor FA's. some big names are up next year tho and not all of them will stay at thier Clubs surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaun Higgins quits Western Bulldogs, seeks North Melbourne deal

Western Bulldog utility Shaun Higgins has quit the club and hopes to announce his new home as early as Friday.

The restricted free agent rejected a two-year deal from the Bulldogs.

Higgins decision to leave the club was not only due to financial issues.

Discussions between his manager Bruce Kaider of One Management and North Melbourne have progressed with the Kangaroos the forerunner to pick up the classy flanker.

Read more: http://http://www.canberratimes.com...eks-north-melbourne-deal-20140930-10o0uc.html

Here are my thoughts, Guys.

Breaking down the list by position:

Tall Defenders:

Alex Rance
Troy Chaplin
David Astbury
Dylan Grimes
Todd Elton

Verdict: Depth and Quality are good. No targets required, but may be added.

Small/Medium Defenders:

Steven Morris
Jake Batchelor
Matt Dea
Ricky Petterd

Verdict: Competition for spots is high, and quality reasonable, but more depth is needed.
Potential Targets: Taylor Hunt, Campbell Heath

Rebounding Half Backs:

Chris Newman
Bachar Houli
Nick Vlastuin
Matt McDonough
Kamdyn McIntosh
Brad Helbig

Verdict: Depth is reasonable, quality is good when in conjunction with rotating players. No targets needed, and could be added upon in the draft.

Inside Midfielders:

Anthony Miles
Trent Cotchin
Matt Arnot
Nathan Foley
Matt Thomas

Verdict:
Quality is reasonable, but depth is poor. The addition of another hard body should make a difference.
Potential Targets: Levi Greenwood, Patrick Dangerfield (Highly Unlikely), Dylan Shiel

Outside Midfielders:

Brandon Ellis
Shaun Grigg
Reece Conca
Brett Deledio
Dustin Martin
Nathan Gordon

Verdict: Depth and Quality is good, however outside runners are one paced and there is no real pace in the side which needs to be addressed through trading and free agency, or the draft.
Potential Targets: Travis Varcoe, Johnathon O'Rourke, Mark Whiley, Christian Howard, Jack Hutchins.

Small/Medium Forwards:

Shane Edwards
Sam Lloyd
Ben Lennon
Chris Knights

Verdict:
Extremely poor depth. We have no permanent small forwards, and our depth is relying on a mature aged recruit, a first year draftee and an injury prone veteran.
Potential Targets: Hayden Crozier, Jeff Garlett, Terry Milera, Trent Dennis-Lan, Cameron Hitchcock.

Tall Forwards:

Jack Riewoldt
Ben Griffiths
Tyrone Vickery
Liam McBean

Verdict: Solid quality, but still depth will be tested in terms of injuries. Another developing Key Forward is in order.
Potential Targets: Kristian Jaksch, Liam Jones, Shaun McKernan

Ruckman:

Ivan Maric
Shaun Hampson
Ivan Soldo

Verdict: Severly lacking in terms of depth. Shaun Hampson, whilst serviceable as a ruckman is less adequate in every other area.
Potential Targets: Luke Lowden, Johnathon Ceglar, Sam Grimley, Daniel Gorringe, Jarrod Witts.

We r fu*ked if we don't get anyone!! Every year it wait till next year will we get someone. Our list is ageing and we need high end talent now! Have a feeling hardwick won't be there come the end of next year.
You know we have a few handy types coming out of contract from our list next year don't you?Now we don't want to put ourselves in a position that Nth might have found themselves in with Greenwood.Tight squeeze that other clubs will put the squeeze on us.

Here are my thoughts, Guys.

Small/Medium Forwards:

Shane Edwards
Sam Lloyd
Ben Lennon
Chris Knights

Verdict:
Extremely poor depth. We have no permanent small forwards, and our depth is relying on a mature aged recruit, a first year draftee and an injury prone veteran.
Potential Targets: Hayden Crozier, Jeff Garlett, Terry Milera, Trent Dennis-Lan, Cameron Hitchcock.

Tall Forwards:

Jack Riewoldt
Ben Griffiths
Tyrone Vickery
Liam McBean

Verdict: Solid quality, but still depth will be tested in terms of injuries. Another developing Key Forward is in order.
Potential Targets: Kristian Jaksch, Liam Jones, Shaun McKernan

Is Richmond so bereft of options that the following are targets?
Terry Milera, Trent Dennis-Lan, Cameron Hitchcock
Liam Jones, Shaun McKernan

1312027317_va-exploding-in-sound-presents-holy-moly-2011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back