List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the looks of it the club is doing exactly what I'd like them to do, that is forget about paying overs to get anyone across, focus on nailing the draft and only get involved in trading if the deal is a win for us. :):thumbsu:

Vickery, Griffiths and Riewoldt we just have to make work for us to progress. The forward coach and Dimma need to work out how to make the structures and running patterns and process work for the three dangerous talls to fit.

If we can add to our midfield with a bonafide player, Vlastuin, Ellis, Conca improve get a couple of pieces I think we can get far. It's why I'm not understanding going down the drafting route so aggressively.

It's why I want us to go after better coaches to make it work. Invest in better fitness guys to make it work. Invest in systems to a make it work.

Being happy and chest pumping the 10th best resourced football department is so poor. No excuses to be much higher. No debt. Third highest membership. High attendances. $6 million free kick given by the fans. Strong sponsorship.

Why aren't we chasing a flag?
We are chasing a flag Bob, just not being stupid about it.

Close thread. We aren't trading, well for anyone worth mentioning.

64 pages for nothing. Good to hear about Dusty though
And if we did trade,Come Draft day the very same would come up with wish we still had pick so and so,we could have got Young John Doe.;)

Bad knees. He's had a couple of reco's, I think he even went to Switzerland for the LARS treatment.

I wouldn't trust the Swans after what they did to Saddington and Carlton.

Saddington debuted for Carlton against his old club, the Sydney Swans, in Round 3, 2006. He played six consecutive games, scoring two goals, before his season was again ended by the recurring knee injury. It was at this late stage that Saddington was told for the first time that the medical staff at Sydney Swans were aware of complications that had resulted from his first knee injury and had withheld this information from him and also from his new club. He had a further operation, and missed the rest of the 2006 season.​

Football department. In everything that gets us into the upper echelon.

If we can't with our list. Looks like we have run out of ideas despite the brilliant Blair Hartley (what's he do again?) Then make it happen in our football department.

The last two years we lost Campbell, Leppitsch and Daly. We have replaced that with Rutten and a couple of development staff.

Our fitness crew would be in the bottom percentile in the league.

Just invest and chase the best in everything.

A warning to fans. We have had a warchest for two years now. Just don't believe the membership desperation of sales to hit our targets.
Names?

Bad knees. He's had a couple of reco's, I think he even went to Switzerland for the LARS treatment.

Saddington debuted for Carlton against his old club, the Sydney Swans, in Round 3, 2006. He played six consecutive games, scoring two goals, before his season was again ended by the recurring knee injury. It was at this late stage that Saddington was told for the first time that the medical staff at Sydney Swans were aware of complications that had resulted from his first knee injury and had withheld this information from him and also from his new club. He had a further operation, and missed the rest of the 2006 season.​
That is disgusting behaviour.

Source? (Other than a non-referenced Wikipedia quote)

Vickery, Griffiths and Riewoldt we just have to make work for us to progress. The forward coach and Dimma need to work out how to make the structures and running patterns and process work for the three dangerous talls to fit.

If we can add to our midfield with a bonafide player, Vlastuin, Ellis, Conca improve get a couple of pieces I think we can get far. It's why I'm not understanding going down the drafting route so aggressively.

It's why I want us to go after better coaches to make it work. Invest in better fitness guys to make it work. Invest in systems to a make it work.

Being happy and chest pumping the 10th best resourced football department is so poor. No excuses to be much higher. No debt. Third highest membership. High attendances. $6 million free kick given by the fans. Strong sponsorship.

Why aren't we chasing a flag?
What if the club has done its due diligence and any of candidates have either fallen short of the mark or like in the case of Ling and Lenny made themselves not available to anyone.You want us to waste money on someone who doesn't meet a certain type of criteria?

He really is a great player but that Lars stuff scares me.
It's pretty much a given that the tendon only has a limited lifetime,and his next one would be curtains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if the club has done its due diligence and any of candidates have either fallen short of the mark or like in the case of Ling and Lenny made themselves not available to anyone.You want us to waste money on someone who doesn't meet a certain type of criteria?
Well said, just because we have money to spend it doesn't mean you have to go out and spend it, especially if it's on something that costs more than it should.

I am stoked Dusty's contract will be sorted before the start of the season if Ralph does not * it up. I read the sun article and really, I take Dans words as media spin. I really do think, behind close doors we have been in the ear of a few players from other clubs that could fill a need but we are being professional in doing so, ie minimal leaks.

I have always believed since 2013 we have always had an eye for the 2015 trade period as that's when there are some serious quality restricted and unrestricted free agents available, and list wise we will be in a position to strike without risk of losing a cotchin or martin in the process. In saying that though, from what I heard the footy department were very strong in there feedback that they needed another established big body midfielder so I am just sitting back and watching this space. If we dont get one then our recruitment guys need a smack.

It also looks at the draft we will be injecting much needed speed as well. Going to be a interesting trade period as all i would say, when was the last time we used 5 ND picks when we were not bottom 4 ?

didnt he make AA this year? not too sure how his knees could be shot.

would be a superstar kicking out of the back 50, means Ellis doesnt have to go back and take kick outs.
Imagine Jack Griff and Vick having the ball being delivered from Mal next year - goosebumps

Football department. In everything that gets us into the upper echelon.

If we can't with our list. Looks like we have run out of ideas despite the brilliant Blair Hartley (what's he do again?) Then make it happen in our football department.

The last two years we lost Campbell, Leppitsch and Daly. We have replaced that with Rutten and a couple of development staff.

Our fitness crew would be in the bottom percentile in the league.

Just invest and chase the best in everything.

A warning to fans. We have had a warchest for two years now. Just don't believe the membership desperation of sales to hit our targets.
I have to say I agree with Bob on the staffing.
At one of our last home games after I got stung for about the 25th time that year on top of memberships and every bloody thing else that seems to leave my and everyone else's pockets and into theirs, I did say to the bloke "any danger that the club might start putting some of it to use"?
He just smiled.
That shitted me a bit.
Not that he'd know of course, but there just seems to be a very very blasé attitude when it comes to asking for money from us and to be honest it's wearing thin.
Next phone call l be telling them to **** off actually.
If I see them creating a winning footy department around Hardwick and then attacking a big FA in twelve months I'd be satisfied.
Feels like pissing money against a wall x 67,000.

Last edited:
I am stoked Dusty's contract will be sorted before the start of the season if Ralph does not **** it up. I read the sun article and really, I take Dans words as media spin. I really do think, behind close doors we have been in the ear of a few players from other clubs that could fill a need but we are being professional in doing so, ie minimal leaks.

I have always believed since 2013 we have always had an eye for the 2015 trade period as that's when there are some serious quality restricted and unrestricted free agents available, and list wise we will be in a position to strike without risk of losing a cotchin or martin in the process. In saying that though, from what I heard the footy department were very strong in there feedback that they needed another established big body midfielder so I am just sitting back and watching this space. If we dont get one then our recruitment guys need a smack.

It also looks at the draft we will be injecting much needed speed as well. Going to be a interesting trade period as all i would say, when was the last time we used 5 ND picks when we were not bottom 4 ?
Atm we have 5 picks and one of those includes Miles. Do you expect us to try and get any more?

I'd be interested in seeing what kind of coin he'd be after. Not sure his currency but yes his history of injuries would be a concern. I would hope we are at least speaking to him. And as long as RFC does their full due diligence then i trust the club to make the right decision ... :thumbsu:

Personally, if he has 3 years left in him, and he's medically fine, i'd entertain adding him to the list.

He's 30, an AA, i have some interest in him.

Out of curiosity, who would he take the place of? Lids so he can focus on MID and FWD?

I have to say I agree with Bob on the staffing.
At one of our last home games after I got stung for about the 25th time that year on top of memberships and every bloody thing else that seems to leave my and everyone else's pockets and into theirs, I did say to the bloke "any danger that the club might start putting some of it to use"?
He just smiled.
That shitted me a bit.
Not that he'd know of course, but there just seems to be a very very blasé attitude when it comes to asking for money from us and to be honest it's wearing thin.
Next phone call l be telling them to **** off actually.
If I see them creating a winning footy department around Hardwick and then attacking a big FA in twelve months I'd be satisfied.
Feels like pissing money against a wall x 67,000.
You think thats bad RD.My Hawthorn mate who is a member received an SMS from Hawthorn last Sunday morning(less than 24hrs after winning the flag) if he wants to purchase some raffle tickets.Talk about getting in while the irons hot.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back