List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stoked Dusty's contract will be sorted before the start of the season if Ralph does not **** it up. I read the sun article and really, I take Dans words as media spin. I really do think, behind close doors we have been in the ear of a few players from other clubs that could fill a need but we are being professional in doing so, ie minimal leaks.

Yet you seem to be in know :rolleyes:

Just kidding, I for one love your work Tiger71.

Atm we have 5 picks and one of those includes Miles. Do you expect us to try and get any more?

If we do get more draft picks, I would doubt they would be first rounders. I would be content with a second rounder for a big bodied midfielder to help on the inside. But realistically what would they be worth?

Greenwood - Second Round Pick?
Armitage - Early second round pick?
Hannebrey - First round selection?

Any other inside midfielders which are realistically gettable?

Also who would we have to trade to get another second rounder?

It'd take a fair bit to get Hanneberry.
No way would our first pick suffice.
Think it's just typical bored media beat up again anyway.

Yet you seem to be in know :rolleyes:

Just kidding, I for one love your work Tiger71.

If we do get more draft picks, I would doubt they would be first rounders. I would be content with a second rounder for a big bodied midfielder to help on the inside. But realistically what would they be worth?

Greenwood - Second Round Pick?
Armitage - Early second round pick?
Hannebrey - First round selection?

Any other inside midfielders which are realistically gettable?

Also who would we have to trade to get another second rounder?
We wouldn't let Armitage go for less then a first rounder.

Finnis already denied yesterday the Armo trade talk anyway.

I would prefer to get a 27yo free agent for free and draft a kid at Pick 31 than pay Pick 31 for a 25yo player of similar quality and money. Where is the value in that? Did the same with 25yo Hampson last year - it's not smart to pay for 25yos in the age of free agency. It's short-term thinking.

We would be paying a 2nd rounder for 2 years additional service by a depth mid... While North gets Dal Santo and uses their 2nd rounder on another kid.

I maintain that players nearing FA have a lower trade value than they did pre-FA. Supply of talent has risen dramatically, demand has stayed the same.

Last edited:
Conca and Vickery definitely won't be traded according to Dan Richardson.
He was quite adamant.

We won't be interested in Robinson from Carlton.

Hannelbury from Swans - shocked if the swans let him go. Appears unlikely.

Greenwood - he was a little more coy. Hardly sounded confident though.

We'll be going to the draft to target midfield depth.

Conca and Vickery definitely won't be traded according to Dan Richardson.
He was quite adamant.

We won't be interested in Robinson from Carlton.

Hannelbury from Swans - shocked if the swans let him go. Appears unlikely.

Greenwood - he was a little more coy. Hardly sounded confident though.

We'll be going to the draft to target midfield depth.
Stated no interest in Jeff Garlett or Ahmed Saad too much off field baggage with them.

Dan Richo on trade radio:
* apparently is rock solid
* deficiencies are : midfield depth (mid bull outside speed)
* target draft
* no to Robertson
* greenwood confirmed interest, don't think he will leave though
* Vickery is required, but doesn't absolutely rule out trading him
* will work thought dusty contract at the "appropriate time"
* wants to develop small forward, will be looking at draft
* hanners won't go, but fills a need if we could somehow get him
* plans to have hammer in the same side as maric (/vomit)
* everyone loves king yarda yarda yarda
* conca and grigg are not on the table for greenwood
* they have bigfooty style discussions on who to recruit
* no interest in Ahmed sports drink and Jeff king strret
* wants Trent's genitalia in his mouth

So that means we are heavily interested in Hannebery and Greenwood. We've received offers for Conca and Vickery but waiting for the right trade. We want a small fwd. And finally we will get another ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannebery? Plays for a team who just lost the grand final, but still have their premiership window wide open for another 1 million + years and will almost certainly be itching to redeem themselves after their performance last week. Do they really think he's going to leave? Honestly? I love journalism.

Dan Richo on trade radio:
* apparently is rock solid
* deficiencies are : midfield depth (mid bull outside speed)
* target draft
* no to Robertson
* greenwood confirmed interest, don't think he will leave though
* Vickery is required, but doesn't absolutely rule out trading him
* will work thought dusty contract at the "appropriate time"
* wants to develop small forward, will be looking at draft
* hanners won't go, but fills a need if we could somehow get him
* plans to have hammer in the same side as maric (/vomit)
* everyone loves king yarda yarda yarda
* conca and grigg are not on the table for greenwood
* they have bigfooty style discussions on who to recruit

This made me laugh

Just to add:

Dan said they thought it was a great year to improve our midfield depth through the draft. A thought held by Kevin Sheahan as well.
But we would also be keeping an eye on players that wanted to be traded out from other clubs. I thought he definitely confirmed the
interest in Greenwood.
Didn't think he gave an impression other than Vickery being a required player
Happy with small forwards and may possibly look at draft to bolster this area
Won't be going after any rucks
Said he didn't blink an eyelid when he heard the Hawks were after Cotchin

Bad knees. He's had a couple of reco's, I think he even went to Switzerland for the LARS treatment.

I wouldn't trust the Swans after what they did to Saddington and Carlton.

Saddington debuted for Carlton against his old club, the Sydney Swans, in Round 3, 2006. He played six consecutive games, scoring two goals, before his season was again ended by the recurring knee injury. It was at this late stage that Saddington was told for the first time that the medical staff at Sydney Swans were aware of complications that had resulted from his first knee injury and had withheld this information from him and also from his new club. He had a further operation, and missed the rest of the 2006 season.​

has played 88 games out of a possible 94 since his comeback from knee injury in Rd9 2011

saddington is a dumb campaigner and was a dog s**t player, sucked in carlton

rat effort from the syds if that story is true though

Vickery, Griffiths and Riewoldt we just have to make work for us to progress. The forward coach and Dimma need to work out how to make the structures and running patterns and process work for the three dangerous talls to fit.

If we can add to our midfield with a bonafide player, Vlastuin, Ellis, Conca improve get a couple of pieces I think we can get far. It's why I'm not understanding going down the drafting route so aggressively.

It's why I want us to go after better coaches to make it work. Invest in better fitness guys to make it work. Invest in systems to a make it work.

Being happy and chest pumping the 10th best resourced football department is so poor. No excuses to be much higher. No debt. Third highest membership. High attendances. $6 million free kick given by the fans. Strong sponsorship.

Why aren't we chasing a flag?
Oh please were weren't 'chest pumping' about the FD spending all it was a statement from 'where we have come from' and in no way states where we will be 'next' year. Your reading it the wrong way Bob. I understand your point but I think your off the mark here.

What if the club has done its due diligence and any of candidates have either fallen short of the mark or like in the case of Ling and Lenny made themselves not available to anyone.You want us to waste money on someone who doesn't meet a certain type of criteria?
You mean like not pulling the trigger on an also ran defensive coach until a good one come available like Rutten..............?

lmao

Lol Hannebery's sister just moved up to Sydney. He's going nowhere.

sounds like a good reason to move to me
she the one that been telling anyone that will listen her brother has a coke addiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back