List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t sweat over a Houli replacement, Short is one of the best rebounding/meters gained small defenders in the competition. He has played that role to a really high level previously when Bachar has been injured. Bakes is a gun across hb, Shedda has played the role previously and Mansell will get better with more games.
And stack

Don’t think so , chol being fa makes for an easier route . CCJ tools are as a key forward , chol we got several ruck options the envy of the comp

You say that as if it’s the clubs choice. If CCJ wants to go, he will go

You know I thought Zac Williams was on 800K a year.

Mark Robinson reckons he is on 900K a year.

I was going to say CFC pay 500K a year towards the contract, however I thought they probably would not do that, but on 900K that would have to be 600K a year equivalent Carlton pays toward Zac's contract at RFC

What I find interesting is SOS was at GWS, then went back to Carlton. I think he was gone when Zac was recruited by then but what does that say about the SOS/CFC network/intelligence?

Last edited:
If Chol goes we get nothing for him. But if we facilitate a seamless move for him to the Suns, provided both those parties want each other, then once again we ingratiate ourselves to the Suns. And given what the Suns always have to offer in terms of young players who ultimately want out, this can never be a bad thing. I'm pretty confident, based on past history, that they will deal with the Tigers far more willingly than any other club provided we look after them. They gave very little resistance to Tom Lynch's move compared with the serious costs inflicted on the Dees for Steven May, and Prestia for Pick 6 was also a steal for us. I'd have no problem continuing to look after them and preserving the relationship going forward, if we were to lose Marbs anyway, especially given the Suns are really not any serious threat to our aspirations over the next 3-4 years.

And stack
Stack replacing Houli might actually give us a better balance down back. Short, Baker and Houli are all rebound defenders more than anything. None really have the tools to negate a dangerous marking small forward like Stack can.

Mansell likewise, but I don't think he has the offensive ability that Stack has just yet, but he's starting to show it in the VFL.

Soldo and Nank won't play together again. Everytime they played they were one on,one off. Cant afford that with the interchange restrictions and neither can play as a forward target.

Soldo is Nank depth or nothing. Chol is both kpf and ruck depth.

I think you’ll find that before Soldo went down (*en Hawkins 🤬) it was Soldo with Nank 2nd, and that once Nank came back from injury they both did well together. Neither squibbed it when they both played. They can both play but it would mean no 3rd tall forward.

I actually like a Soldo/Nank partnership because it allows one of them to drop back in the hole while the other rucks, especially Nank who can take some game saving marks. Soldo is the better tap ruckman (plus he somehow negates the ‘premier’ rucks) and has only gotten better every game he plays (🤞 the knee doesn’t ruin his career, *en Hawkins 🤬). Nank is awesome around the ground and imagine how much he’d tear apart the oppos 2nd ruck

Both a strong above head and are decent kicks so I call bs about neither being forward targets.

Tiger71 do you think there is likely to be another exodus from Gold Coast especially if the coach gets sacked?
I’m tipping so, do we think a career on the GC is what Noah Anderson dreamt about as a prodigious junior talent , get the kid home ,,,,,,,now

I think you’ll find that before Soldo went down (fu**en Hawkins 🤬) it was Soldo with Nank 2nd, and that once Nank came back from injury they both did well together. Neither squibbed it when they both played. They can both play but it would mean no 3rd tall forward.

I actually like a Soldo/Nank partnership because it allows one of them to drop back in the hole while the other rucks, especially Nank who can take some game saving marks. Soldo is the better tap ruckman (plus he somehow negates the ‘premier’ rucks) and has only gotten better every game he plays (🤞 the knee doesn’t ruin his career, fu**en Hawkins 🤬). Nank is awesome around the ground and imagine how much he’d tear apart the oppos 2nd ruck

Both a strong above head and are decent kicks so I call bs about neither being forward targets.

Soldo in the ruck means nicnat doesnt monster us , don’t you worry about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’ll find that before Soldo went down (fu**en Hawkins 🤬) it was Soldo with Nank 2nd, and that once Nank came back from injury they both did well together. Neither squibbed it when they both played. They can both play but it would mean no 3rd tall forward.

I actually like a Soldo/Nank partnership because it allows one of them to drop back in the hole while the other rucks, especially Nank who can take some game saving marks. Soldo is the better tap ruckman (plus he somehow negates the ‘premier’ rucks) and has only gotten better every game he plays (🤞 the knee doesn’t ruin his career, fu**en Hawkins 🤬). Nank is awesome around the ground and imagine how much he’d tear apart the oppos 2nd ruck

I think you'll find that was before the reduced interchange cap, as I said. There is no chance we play two rucks that can't play as a genuine forward target.

Nank took some time to get back to his best after the groin injury but is (was) back to his best this season. He not only 'negated' Gawn but probably beat him. He's far superior to Soldo in every aspect bar hitouts. It's not even close. The days of the lumbering dinosaur are done.

I think you'll find that was before the reduced interchange cap, as I said. There is no chance we play two rucks that can't play as a genuine forward target.

Nank took some time to get back to his best after the groin injury but is (was) back to his best this season. He not only 'negated' Gawn but probably beat him. He's far superior to Soldo in every aspect bar hitouts. It's not even close. The days of the lumbering dinosaur are done.

Is someone like Oscar McInerney that much different to Soldo? Sean Darcy? These guys are just as much lumbering dinosaurs as is Soldo. Both are seen as perfectly viable AFL rucks.

Also, roughly half the teams in the AFL are running with 2 genuine rucks - neither of whom would otherwise get a game as a forward - in 2021, post the tightening of the interchange cap…..Ladhams/Lycett, Jackson/Gawn, Williams/Natanui, Ceglar/McEvoy, Cameron/Grundy, Flynn/Mumford, de Koning/Pitonet, Marshall/Ryder, English/Martin, Campbell/Goldstein, maybe Draper/Wright have been paired as first choices in 2021 where neither would likely get a game solely as a key forward. The trend to me seems to be heading towards playing 2 genuine rucks this year if anything.

Why exactly do you think the interchange cap effects this two genuine ruck dynamic?

I think Soldo was fantastic for us by the way, and hopefully will be in the future.

Last edited:
Soldo in the ruck means nicnat doesnt monster us , don’t you worry about that
Nic Nat monster us? I thought it was Chols best game for us and more than held his own. Wasn't his fault we lost and neither Nicnat winning it for them.

Nic Nat monster us? I thought it was Chols best game for us and more than held his own. Wasn't his fault we lost and neither Nicnat winning it for them.
Huh, that was a week earlier v Ess , NN had 20p and goal and s**t ton of hit outs , he had impact on the game , don’t you worry about that

This is exactly what I was going to say.

Soldo/Nank is a great combo. Their strengths match each others weaknesses. And Both can rest forward or play a kick behind. So havinga third tall forward is Ok with those 2.

So long as Soldo's knee comes back OK - F'n Hawkins

Is someone like Oscar McInerney that much different to Soldo? Sean Darcy? These guys are just as much lumbering dinosaurs as is Soldo. Both are seen as perfectly viable AFL rucks.

Also, roughly half the teams in the AFL are running with 2 genuine rucks - neither of whom would otherwise get a game as a forward - in 2021, post the tightening of the interchange cap…..Ladhams/Lycett, Jackson/Gawn, Williams/Natanui, Ceglar/McEvoy, Cameron/Grundy, Flynn/Mumford, de Koning/Pitonet, Marshall/Ryder, English/Martin, Campbell/Goldstein, maybe Draper/Wright have been paired as first choices in 2021 where neither would likely get a game solely as a key forward. The trend to me seems to be heading towards playing 2 genuine rucks this year if anything.

Why exactly do you think the interchange cap effects this two genuine ruck dynamic?

I think Soldo was fantastic for us by the way, and hopefully will be in the future.

I reckon the rule changes have strengthened the case for 2 rucks, who can mark the ball. Slower ball movement with less pressure on the kicker means that marking targets are more important than ever. Soldo meant that we actually had control over the ruck contest, and gee our midfield looked so much better for it. If Nank can play against their 2nd ruck he will tear almost all of them apart. And it frees Nank up to be that monster ruck rover or resting forward. He's good at both roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back