List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond didn't win premierships by fielding a list full of championship players, we won it by fielding a championship team of role players. We don't need to find another Trac or Oliver, we need our cattle to become the next Lambert, Kmac, Short, Graham, Broad etc.

Yes, star players can be the difference as we've seen with Dusty throughout the years but we still have plenty of star power and players with star potential (Bolton, Baker, Balta).

Why can't we pick up Luke Dusntun?

Got delisted by St Kilda - carved us up this year and got 11 votes in the brownlow - surely couldn't hurt for zero dollar

26 years old - 185cms, 85 kgs and free. Just feel we should be talking to him.

I’ve always liked him, could certainly do with a few more players in the 25-28 age bracket. Our key players seem to be 24 and under or 28 and over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Then it is absolutely imperative that we don't stupidly sell the farm for a collection of old players like Geelong did. It would be hard to convey in words how envious Geelong supporters would be of our draft position and how they wish they could turn the clock back and have last years trade period again. They are now staring into the abyss. And although our age profile isn't as bad overall, in terms of our senior stars it's not that far off. We have an opportunity to learn from the their mistakes and that of Hawthorns.

We need to accept the cyclical nature of football and go balls deep into the draft. If things go well we might still be able to pinch one next year ie no finals and extra rehab time for the older players, kids developing and draftees having an immediate impact. But still we need to focus on the future now when we have so much draft collateral to do so.

Just saying every other club will be hoping we do a Geelong or a Hawthorn because that will be the surest way to get rid of worrying about us. The last thing they want us to do only a year after our last premiership is for us to scoop the draft pool. Don't be spooked looking for quick fixes because of last night, it still has to be the draft.
Yep, agree. There is a really high probability that this immediate dynasty has come to an end. We might be alright and get back to the top again next year, but as a betting man I'm not taking any odds on us at less than $8 to win the flag. That represents about a 10% chance of everything going perfectly for us like it did for the Dees this year and winning it.

In 2006 we finshed 9th and had an ageing midfield of Coughlan, Foley, Tuck, Brown, Simmonds with only a very young hotshot Deledio that represented our future. Thanks god we went to the draft in the next few years and didn't trade out our top end picks for the likes of Judd, Kerr, O'Keefe, Hayes etc to prop up our midfield. In 6-8 years time I'd be very happy to be ultra competitive again with the crop that come through the 2021-23 drafts, so we can get another 5 years of flag contending, rather than a hail mary shot at 2022.

I must be greedy; I want us to keep 7, 15 and trade in another first round pick.
Guarantee 3 rippers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Got my vote , get in as much top end talent as we can this draft , polar opposite to how lions and haw went about it , wouldn’t even be averse to swapping next years r1 to get another

Richmond didn't win premierships by fielding a list full of championship players, we won it by fielding a championship team of role players. We don't need to find another Trac or Oliver, we need our cattle to become the next Lambert, Kmac, Short, Graham, Broad etc.

Yes, star players can be the difference as we've seen with Dusty throughout the years but we still have plenty of star power and players with star potential (Bolton, Baker, Balta).

yep, and if we want to go down that path then be prepared to finish near the bottom of the ladder and be crap for the next five years and gain access to half’s dozen top 10 picks just like melb did. Also they gave up first rd draft picks for leaver and may and got viney for not much.

Yeah and Stacky took out Viney with a hip and shoulder...we have Bolton now in the center...and Soldo coming back will give us a competitive edge in the center battles...plus the GOAT returns...anything can happen in a year of games...

HS did a live trade chat yesterday, and interestingly both Jon Ralph and Sam Landsberger suggested they we could get pick 20 in a CJ deal. They're certainly not buying into the 'pick 38 or PSD' narrative that North fans have created on here. They also reiterated that we're expecting a third round pick for Chol.

Also regarding a pick swap with GC, Jay Clark said, "I'm told the Tigers have an interest in Ben Hobbs in this year's draft. Competitive midfielder who loves to have a crack. To get him the Tigers would have to move up from 7 to 3 so I think there is a big chance there is a deal here between the Suns and Tigers, but plenty to play out." I thought Ward would be the one we'd be after. However, Hobbs is probably the type of mid we need more in the short term so it does make sense. If only there was some way to get both of them ...

Agree. Defence will be elite, forward line should be up there if Teague can sort the dynamic out. Midfield is the issue. Need to play Dusty in there permanently imo. Having Nank and Soldo back will help. We were relying on Chol a bit this year. Prestia getting a clear run would be handy, but unlikely. Could Cotch come back refreshed? Boak had almost a career year at 32-33. Bolton probably needs to transition more to a permanent midfielder as well. Lambert, Edwards should hold their own without starting. Graham needs to turn into a consistent 25 a week man. Can’t have those 30 games and then 15 the next
Yea I’m pretty ok with defence , reckon we can patch up forward line with shedda and lambo spending more time there, midfield we need a bit of luck with health of senior players and fingers crossed we can acquire some talent that freshens the midfield pack, need to nail both r1s

HS did a live trade chat yesterday, and interestingly both Jon Ralph and Sam Landsberger suggested they we could get pick 20 in a CJ deal. They're certainly not buying into the 'pick 38 or PSD' narrative that North fans have created on here. They also reiterated that we're expecting a third round pick for Chol.

Also regarding a pick swap with GC, Jay Clark said, "I'm told the Tigers have an interest in Ben Hobbs in this year's draft. Competitive midfielder who loves to have a crack. To get him the Tigers would have to move up from 7 to 3 so I think there is a big chance there is a deal here between the Suns and Tigers, but plenty to play out." I thought Ward would be the one we'd be after. However, Hobbs is probably the type of mid we need more in the short term so it does make sense. If only there was some way to get both of them ...
Is Hobbs really likely to go that high

Yeah and Stacky took out Viney with a hip and shoulder...we have Bolton now in the center...and Soldo coming back will give us a competitive edge in the center battles...plus the GOAT returns...anything can happen in a year of games...
We need rcd and maybe Dow or Martyn to develop over another pre season , if not it’s gonna hold us back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield cannot compete with that freight train we saw last night.

Anyone who think it's does, is absolutely delusional.

Firstly, we need an established contested ball winner.

True our defense can hang with their forwards though when fully fit. We're not all that far off them as devastatingly good as they were last night.

We do need a big bull in the middle though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Our midfield cannot compete with that freight train we saw last night.

Anyone who think it's does, is absolutely delusional.

Firstly, we need an established contested ball winner.
Well ty man for supporting my view I’ve held for eons when wakjobs were blaming the assistant coaches , like hello , ground control to major tom , Prestia lambo Cotch shedda spend half the time injured and then labouring on return and it’s some kind mystery we re -30 contested by half time . The premers have put space on with mids that don’t get out of bed for less than 30p a game while we have several that think it’s ok to knock up 12 ,,,,,and it’s the asst coaches fault too
Any ways I’d be damned sure we ll address this at the draft

Edwards and Cotchin are cooked.

Just names on a paper at this point. The fact you have to include them shows how weak the midfield is. And Prestia barely ever plays due to injuries.
Edwards had contact injuries hardly cooked .Can easily play half forward role with Bolton .
Cotch has had his injuries but his last 4or 5 games when he had no support were very good .
People saying our midfield can't compete with Melbourne are kidding themselves.
If we get a good run with contact injuries then we're a big chance next year .
Melbourne had Tomlinson out and that's it .Let's see how they go being the hunted and get a few injuries .
Who replaces Petraca and Oliver if they have injuries?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Edwards had contact injuries hardly cooked .Can easily play half forward role with Bolton .
Cotch has had his injuries but his last 4or 5 games when he had no support were very good .
People saying our midfield can't compete with Melbourne are kidding themselves.
If we get a good run with contact injuries then we're a big chance next year .
Melbourne had Tomlinson out and that's it .Let's see how they go being the hunted and get a few injuries .
Who replaces Petraca and Oliver if they have injuries?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Shedda needs to successfully return from the ankle that plagued him all year , when he returned he was practically lame in that leg , every time he went down get up limping , nil power in that which is his strength out of the blocks. If Cotch can play at the level he was last month , he’d be some value , still about 2/3 of his best. You’re right melb had basically nil injuries , they’d be a shadow of themselves if they had to cover for trac and Oliver . Our defence is where we can sq off with the best sides going around , twice as good as WB back 6

People do realise Melbourne had ****all injuries this year right? Like that spud Tomlinson was their only significant injury. We on the other hand missed an entire midfield for a time and when we started getting them back we lost half our backline, plus the not insignificant loss of the Goat.

Shit happens it’s how our guys respond that will be telling. Also fingers crossed 🤞 injuries can **** off next year, our guys get a good rest/refresh with a full post/pre season and some of our young mids step up.

We don’t need to reinvent the wheel ffs.

He sounds like a carbon copy of Tom Mitchell. Brownlow medallist Tom Mitchell. If we grab him I won't be too melty.
Lack of speed, agility, X-factor and impact per possession worry me a bit. He obviously has an elite contested game, but I’m
Not sure he’s a top 5 pick if we do trade up

Never as bad as it seems guys. I don’t t buy the dynasty talk and us not being able to match it with the best
Dogs of 16 were meant to be the next best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back