List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct call by North IMO.

You don't walk away from a generational player which JHF is by all reports.

I actually think you'll find that one of the Victorian draftees will overtake him in a few years after they see more development and exposure. JHF has the advantage of prime time attention that has vaulted him up the rating more than if the other states draftee hopefuls had the same time in the spotlight. This is why I'm so optimistic that we will find some absolute stars this year that have slid far higher in the draft than that would in previous years. Great year to have proven talent scouts and recruitment geniuses at Richmond. North are foolish to give up three potential stars for one.

Just trying to get this straight for once.

Footywire has 43 players listed for Richmond - including Parker, Soldo, Colina and those who have retired this year.

What list size is allowed?
Primary lists must have between 36 and 38 players. Category A rookies are capped at 4-6, up to a total of 42 players on a list including primary-listed players. Each club can also have two Category B rookies.

We have just 1 category B rookie - Mate Collina ?
Of our other 42 maximum players : Astbury, Houli, Naish, Chol gone. CCJ will swap with Tarrant.

So that is a genuine 4 spots available.
If we don't re-sign Egg or Garth, that gives us 2 extra list spots - so can take 6 picks to the draft if we consider those two players expendable.
We could also not re-sign one of Cumberland, Miller, Biggie, (Stack?) to create a 7th list spot. Possible to do this with the understanding that we will redraft them.

So, that is where we are at right at this moment if we want to take our current 7 picks to the draft.
Could then live-trade them for futures - particularly Bulldogs, Collingwood after matching - Saints & GWS immediately before matching.

Otherwise, we have until the end of this month to do some 2-for-1 trades with our picks to make it only 5 or 6 picks we have.
Personally, not excited over the 38,42 & 47 for 27 proposal or whatever it was.
Rather risk losing Cumberland/Miller/Biggie by leaving them hanging and looking for a better deal on draft night.
Might be best to make it Biggie - if we redraft him that's an automatic 2 years?
Think I'd prefer to give Cumberland and Miller one year extensions so that if they show nothing next year they can be cut to make space for 2023.

EDIT - F$%CK !!
Nothing happened all day, so I decide to post something capable of creating some thoughtful discussion.
In between me starting to type and posting, news comes through of the CCJ - Tarrant deal.
Some of my best work - already out of date & irrelevant.

We should play Balta forward next year.
Yes, it WAS very good work. So I'll give it a bump in case many missed it. There is still some relevant stuff in there!! (Minus the Balta suggestion ;) )

Maybe we can interest them in Josh Caddy & Ryan Garthwait for their 2022 3rd rounder.

* Norths 2022 2nd round pick could become the 1st pick in the 2nd round next year if they finish last again
They need a kpd.
Tarrant for pick 1 perhaps.

Correct call by North IMO.

You don't walk away from a generational player which JHF is by all reports.
Lol he’s not a generational talent, there’s a half dozen of those, dusty, gaj and senior, buddy, carey etc...

He'll be a good solid prestia type at least but id take 2x top 5 picks for him cos they’re are very few worth that much actually playing the game.

edit: let alone a third first in the teens. What the **** are north thinking, this is Freo getting pick2 for weller kind of winning a trade.

Maybe we can interest them in Josh Caddy & Ryan Garthwait for their 2022 3rd rounder.

* Norths 2022 2nd round pick could become the 1st pick in the 2nd round next year if they finish last again

except they will likely get a Priority Pick next year if they finish last again.

Good trade today by Blair Hartley. very good operator. Hope the Hawks try and steal him, Mitch has prob already pissed off our guy anyway by getting involved above his pay grade.

I don’t follow

The deal the crows offered north. 3 1st rnd picks for a future second and pick 1. That future second rnd pick that Adelaide wanted appears to be the one that came to us.

So assuming Melbourne finish high again and north low it’s not really 3 1st round picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

except they will likely get a Priority Pick next year if they finish last again.

Good trade today by Blair Hartley. very good operator. Hope the Hawks try and steal him, Mitch has prob already pissed off our guy anyway by getting involved above his pay grade.
If they do get a PP it will likely be the pick after their 1st or a mid 1st rounder like GC got last year

Cal Twomey mentioned today that Schlensog is still able to be selected as a DFA which I thought was incorrect. If so I'd be taking a very good look at that. Probably one of the top mature age KPP in the country and wouldn't even require a pick.
He’s wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back