List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRS could be a good McIntosh replacement on the wing. His 2 way running early in the season looked good for 20 year old. Like to see him stay
I don’t see him playing across hb. Wing, hf, utility type for mine.

He could be a really good impact player, injecting his speed into the game in a variety of roles

RICHMOND

Players that could leave

The enigma remains Dustin Martin. There have been countless showings of faith in Martin and a belief he will see out at least the next year of his current deal, which expires at the end of 2024. Still, we’ve seen far stranger things transpire in trade periods, so there’s always a chance something changes before that period is out. Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt are yet to re-sign, but they won’t play elsewhere.

Players that could arrive

Tim Taranto
could very well be in the yellow and black jumper next year as he weighs up his future at Greater Western Sydney. He’s the major watch this space player for the Tigers, who aren’t linked to a stack of players this off-season.

Who’s already gone

Josh Caddy (retired), Kane Lambert (retired), Matthew Parker (delisted), Shane Edwards (retired)

Draft picks

12, 19 (via North Melbourne), 30, 84

I’ve got him as next in line into the side , cumbo and mrj edging him out of the team , I couldn’t see gws being interested anyways , not an area of need , soldo or stack could stir more interest

What about Graham, GWS dont have any defensive mids and they did much better when they had DeBoer filling that role. Might be someone we could afford to lose and help facilitate the trade.

What about Graham, GWS dont have any defensive mids and they did much better when they had DeBoer filling that role. Might be someone we could afford to lose and help facilitate the trade.

Looking 2years ahead Graham is important to us having a deep high end midfield.

Why trade that away?

Agree. RT in dreamland again. Our list management team own keyboards as well. You dont need to have one to know we'd be lucky to get a bag of crisps for RCD.
I’d put him on the rookie list with a 1 year deal. Let’s not forget these guys came thru in compromised seasons with no vfl. We have enough list spots for draft picks, so should give RCD more time to develop.

RICHMOND

Players that could leave

The enigma remains Dustin Martin. There have been countless showings of faith in Martin and a belief he will see out at least the next year of his current deal, which expires at the end of 2024. Still, we’ve seen far stranger things transpire in trade periods, so there’s always a chance something changes before that period is out. Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt are yet to re-sign, but they won’t play elsewhere.

Players that could arrive

Tim Taranto
could very well be in the yellow and black jumper next year as he weighs up his future at Greater Western Sydney. He’s the major watch this space player for the Tigers, who aren’t linked to a stack of players this off-season.

Who’s already gone

Josh Caddy (retired), Kane Lambert (retired), Matthew Parker (delisted), Shane Edwards (retired)

Draft picks

12, 19 (via North Melbourne), 30, 84
How desperate are the media to see Dusty walk… more salt than the dead sea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to get the feeling that RCD will be part of the Taranto trade. GWS are losing a glut of midfield talent and Kingsley would have a much better idea than anyone here if he could play a part in the GWS side he wants to build moving forward. Now I know not many on here think he is worth anything, but it doesn't matter what we think sitting behind our keyboards, it's what those who are actually in the business think.

GWS have a truck load of mids, although Kingsley going up there.

Not sure why they would want RCD specifically

I think RCD not far from breaking out, trading him at a low point would be silly

I’d assume Collingwoods offer to Taranto would be on the proviso that someone takes grundys contract.

I think it’s more likely us/gws rather than Collingwood.

Also surely managers must be getting a bit spooked by the way the Maggie’s offer lucrative contracts only to try and ditch them a few years down the track.

Come to the tigs Timmy, in the words of Sam Kekovich “you know it makes sense”

Looking 2years ahead Graham is important to us having a deep high end midfield.

Why trade that away?

Ideally we don't want to trade anyone away. But GWS already have a heap of draft picks this year, and will likely get more for Hopper and Hill, they may not want more picks upon picks and especially with Kingsley coming in he may hold our players to a higher value than others, especially if he wants to change their game style to more pressure based.

Would we rather keep pick 19 or throw a player in that we ideally wouldn't want to lose but could cover adequately?

I have always likened him to Cam Guthrie in his junior years and like HRS Cam was also predominantly outside player that in time developed inside ability to his credit. Not sure if the club are wanting this but in 4-5 years time i see a similar type with similar upside

Their Stats are incredibly similar at the same age and i think 2023 and beyond we will see HRS step up another level again and hopefully take over 1 of the wings permanently allowing Pickett to be used more through the mid/fwd

Certainly some similarities.

There looks to be a lot of competition for future midfield/HF slots, but I suspect Hugo will get a lot of games by virtue of the fact that his tank and run will put him ahead of any new draftees for the next 2-4 years. Gives him 50+ games and his versatility allows him several options to find a role.

I suspect he'll end up one of those Grigg/Lambert/Graham type super athlete players who grind down opponents by getting to more contests as much as what they do with the ball. The challenge for him will be steadily improving his skills and developing the kind of footy brain where you're running further faster, but also running smarter. He's shown good 'coachability' so far and with a bloke like Lambo helping him I reckon we have every reason to be optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back