List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Pick 2 and 7 in the prime of their careers, pick 57, pick 64, on 700-750pa (way unders)... and they're paying some of the wages

Out: 12, 19, 30 in s**t draft... plus 14-18 next year.

That's rapey.
You reckon GWS are paying some of Hoppers wage?

For those of you playing along at home, the Hopper trade values him at pick 12, while the Taranto trade valued him at 6.

Lloydy just redid the 2016 draft and had Taranto at 7 so unfortunately we’ve been ripped off.

In other news, former Essendon sniper Matthew Lloyd has admitted to being a w***er!

53 and 63
What pick will Brisbane give us for those two?
Thinking Brainstorming GIF by QuattroBarn

So GWS definitely getting jager?
Mcartney lost all “we’ll keep hopper” as soon as they got a sniff at jager, had to get hopper off the books to bring him in and couldn’t also afford soldo!
Smart by the tigers to wait and not have to over pay! They probably heard rumours of gws being interested in jager and just out waited GWS knowing theyd want a day to try and do the deal!
Blair is a genius! All the haters have no idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t believe we haven’t got any polo shirt picks yet if our new guns

Actually seething
Should have had a couple of polos FedEx'd out to the both of them in preparation for this.
Poor planning leads to poor performance.

nah its too much

he is worth 18 and tarranto is worth 12. dress it up as much as you like but we overpayed

I agree … can’t believe we didn’t get them both for a F4, RCD and Castagna. Sack Blair now!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Should have had a couple of polos FedEx'd out to the both of them in preparation for this.
Poor planning leads to poor performance.
I remember when Butler got traded to the saints and one of the guys he was with in Bali hid a aints jumper in his bag for the acouncement

And Fletcher
Their first 4 picks will go for Ashcroft if get bid on at pick 1.The rest will go for Fletcher, but their problem is they still need to land Dunkley, so they are royally screwed

Surprised there hasn't been more action on some of our peripheral players. Some interest on Jack G and Soldo but don't recall any other names mentioned. All must love it at Tigerland

With first year players (hopefully) improving, it is going to be very competitive for a game in the ones so there are going to be some pretty disappointed players 'kicking the dew'.

I would have expected some guys like Castagna would try to capitalise on any value they have and try and get guaranteed firsts games by moving.

Assume we have to drop 3 or 4 off the list from here. Edwards, Caddy, Lambert and Parker retired. Aarts, RCD, Matryn to be delisted? Minus 7, plus Hopper and Taranto (net 5), a couple in the draft, leaves a few of spots on the list for any DFA's, rookies and mid season.

Bloody hell McCartney is the actual doormat 😳

Dunno about that. GWS draft hand is immense, i think the deals for each were about right. Taranto possible we paid over a bit for a guy out of contract, wanting to leave +the GWS are in cap pressure, while Hopper we possibly get a bit on the cheaper side, IF we finish top 4 next season. If the future pick lands in the top 10, then that deal changes a fair bit, the risk with future picks.

Uiltimately GWS got 2 first & 2 seconds to get themselves completely out of a cap hole, and trading 2 blokes who wanted to leave. One is out of contract already & the other is Out of contract next year.

Its a fair deal all round. It's not the highway robbery people are going on about, especially when you consider the long contracts required to lure those players - but also the other deals that have happened for players wanting to leave &/or out of contract, cap pressure etc. Keeping Soldo is a bonus, however intrigued to the why behind that. He had a medical, so they clearly must have been considering him. Did the medical show issues?

I think Benny needs some more love on here. When he was Player PA, he brought in the Free Agency to encourage more player movement. Then he came to Richmond and we secured Lynch not long after. This year, Hopper had one more year on his contract before the genuine fear of losing him as a free agent. The result - welcome to the best club in the land Hopper!

When you become a destination club, Free Agency builds pressure of trades and trades means clubs like our keep pillaging the minnow clubs. Its a great time to be a Tigers fan and a great time for Beeny to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labour! We love ya Benny!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back