Trade Radio 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think got the best out of the Patfull trade?

I'm interested in your thoughts because of your feelings for both clubs.

Close to a win-win. I've posted before that I've felt GWS was still one good KPD from competing week in, week out. Patfull is that guy. No injury history so should be good for another two or three years. 21 is probably overs a bit, but Patfull was contracted and not demanding a move (expressed interest only) so they needed to make an offer good enough to make the Lions go "Hey, you know what - that pick is going to outweigh two or three years less of Patfull."

Neil Balme believes that the deal involving Travis Varcoe to Collingwood, Heritier Lumumba to Melbourne and Mitch Clark to Geelong is "pretty much done" live on Trade Radio.

Dude your considering drafting Cooney and have already drafted Waite.

Replacing blokes like Anthony, Wilkins and Hine on our list. How is this a bad move?.

If we were trading good picks or players, which is what Voss did then i would agree with you.

We are replacing our bottom six, with Higgins, Waite and possibly Cooney plus 3 draft selections. How is this a bad move?.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Luke Ball situation really, you are right. If he's wanting to be nearer his dad, I can't see many other clubs getting involved in a trade.

Pick 5 is slight unders to Collingwood right now, but 5 and 25 sounds pretty decent especially when you consider injury history and that he hasn't had a great year. It is certainly a better trade than whatever you'd get in next years draft (assuming he doesn't walk into the PSD).

A Luke Ball situation really, you are right. If he's wanting to be nearer his dad, I can't see many other clubs getting involved in a trade.

Pick 5 is slight unders to Collingwood right now, but 5 and 25 sounds pretty decent especially when you consider injury history and that he hasn't had a great year. It is certainly a better trade than whatever you'd get in next years draft (assuming he doesn't walk into the PSD).
he hasnt had a great year? mate he was top 2 in our best and fairest before the injury against Brisbane.

surprised they haven't taken 5 and 25.
Landing greenwood somewhat softens the blow.
And 5 in this draft is a steal. Use it wisely (as Collingwood normally do) and you could replace Beams with that one pick alone.
Moore, potentially Wright/Brayshaw/Laverde, Greenwood = lose Beams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back