Live Event Trade Radio 2022 - And we're off, 7am-7pm weekdays

Remove this Banner Ad

7am AEDT: Kane Cornes* and Matthew Lloyd*
9am AEDT: Cam Luke# and Josh Jenkins* / Adam Cooney*
11am AEDT: Sarah Olle^ and Josh Gabelich^
12pm AEDT: Riley Beveridge^ and Cal Twomey^
1pm AEDT: Sam Edmund^ and Brenton Sanderson* / Brendon Goddard*
3pm AEDT: Damian Barrett^, Stephen Silvagni* and David Noble* / Matthew Rendell*
6pm AEDT: Sam Hargreaves# and Matthew Rendell*

* Former player/coach/recruiter
^ Footy journalist
# Host/journalist

Listen live: AFL Trade Radio

Last edited:

INB4 trade maestro and list manager extraordinaire Matt Rendell says that Carlton should trade Cripps or some other random bullshit.

maxresdefault.jpg

Can't wait for the first mock trade that involves half the league!

Freo gets: Luke Jackson
Melbourne gets: Freo 1st rounder, Brodie Grundy
Collingwood gets: Future Freo first rounder, Dan McStay, Bobby Hill
Richmond gets: Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper
Geelong gets: Tanner Bruhn
GWS gets: Toby Bedford, a 2005 Toyota Corolla and rights to a second-hand Nickelback CD from 2003
Carlton gets: Blake Acres, Clayton Oliver, Marcus Bontempelli, Touk Miller, Sam Taylor and Josh Dunkley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is it. The big time. The reason we all follow footy. So we can spend 10 mins an hour listening to overpaid egomaniacs who know less than the standard bigfooty punter, and 50 mins of ads. For 8 hours a day.

I can't wait to hear those dense mofos openly admit to having no idea how the dvi works. Or propose a club trades a pick it doesn't have. Or suggest a club's "biggest list hole", forgetting the AA player who plays that position for them.

Just hook it straight into my veins.

This is it. The big time. The reason we all follow footy. So we can spend 10 mins an hour listening to overpaid egomaniacs who know less than the standard bigfooty punter, and 50 mins of ads. For 8 hours a day.

I can't wait to hear those dense mofos openly admit to having no idea how the dvi works. Or propose a club trades a pick it doesn't have. Or suggest a club's "biggest list hole", forgetting the AA player who plays that position for them.

8? 11 at least, 7am with Cornes and Lloyd through to 6pm with the late trade hosted by some bloke you’ve never heard of

I love that we all know it's complete trash, openly admit it... and still all shamelessly hang off every word every year... for 2 weeks... for 12 hours a day... just to hear 2 minutes per day of useful information and insight.

I love that we all know it's complete trash, openly admit it... and still all shamelessly hang off every word every year... for 2 weeks... for 12 hours a day... just to hear 2 minutes per day of useful information and insight.
The actual information/news on any given day could genuinely be summarised in half a tweet, sometimes less. But i will push my productivity through the floor so i can hear the minute a fringe player gets traded for a future 4th.

and the scary thing is, this is exactly what it's like, complete morons!

I listened for a half hour a couple of years ago, turned it off never to return when I realised the idiots that were on, Cooney I think and someone else, didn't understand the points system and how F/S and academy bids worked - derrrrrrr

and the scary thing is, this is exactly what it's like, complete morons!

I listened for a half hour a couple of years ago, turned it off never to return when I realised the idiots that were on, Cooney I think and someone else, didn't understand the points system and how F/S and academy bids worked - derrrrrrr
The segments worth listening to are usually the lunch hour with the AFL journos (Twomey, Beveridge), since they usually have the news and sometimes the afternoon one with Purple, SOS and whatsisname, if you can stand the sound of Damien Barrett’s voice.

There’s a bit of insight having former list managers in there who know the current ones and Barrett does tend to get the good interviews (unfortunately).

The rest are just talking heads, clowns and devil’s avocados 🥑

Remove this Banner Ad

Back