Trade Radio 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Most in the media have said 5+25+Crisp is overs for Beams.

Really?

Interested in actual media, not rambling lunatics like Nathan Brown or BT.

Collingwood fans on BF clearly don't know what they are talking about.
The media know jacksh#t when it comes to trades. They are infatuated by draft picks. Give me a guaranteed elite player in Beams at 24 ahead of a questionable pick 5, B grader Greenwood and C grader Crisp.

The media know jacksh#t when it comes to trades. They are infatuated by draft picks. Give me a guaranteed elite player in Beams at 24 ahead of a questionable pick 5, B grader Greenwood and C grader Crisp.
Completely see your point, but that was never really an option for Collingwood. Keeping an unhappy Beams is a huge risk and can damage the club. It's unfortunate for Collingwood that Beams wasn't open to more clubs, becuase then they might have got more what they were after from the trade. Greenwood and Crisp will perform well for the Pies, and pick 5 is still a good pick. Sure, it's not the ready-made good player they were after, but Greenwood, Crisp and pick 5 is still a decent return, and a good club like Collingwood should be able to make those players and picks work for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood fans on BF clearly don't know what they are talking about.

No doubt if Beams had said "I'm going, but to wherever the Pies get the best deal", you would not be giving up just pick 5 and 2x solid but speculative list positions (Crisp and 25)

Cruel to be kind. Someone should inform her that her club has actually folded/merged/been pillaged and that it is difficult to support a team that doesn't actually exist.

Fitzroy still actually exists as a team, just not in the AFL.

Averages over the last 3 years
Ryder - 23.9 hit outs, 3.0 clearances, 13.1 disposals, 0.89 goals, 53 games.
Giles - 23.3 hit outs, 3.3 clearances, 11.6 disposals, 0.76 goals, 51 games.

Just saying :)

Ryder also loses a bit of value because of the ASADA stuff, and him being able to walk to Port if nothing gets done.

That Ryder/Giles/Pick 17 is actually not the worst trade i've ever seen. Perhaps GWS could send another pick to Essendon, but it's certainly workable.

Who's ready for Barrett's Melbourne hatred to come out again this afternoon? Wallace going to "list manage" Melbourne

First kick has come with the ASADA stuff and Trengove's captaincy. With the minor caveat of 'oh it's a different regime now but [insert 2 minutes of Melbourne bashing]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back