Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great to see that video story on Pitt on the previous page. He seems like a genuinely nice young man and good to see he's still involved in the game.
I was a big fan when he first came to the club and those highlights of his brief playing career remind me why.
I reckon he would have turned out a sort of Mackie type if he'd managed to put on a bit of weight.

Hi all,good lively session with great skills shown by all
Mundy,Sutcliffe,Balla and Johnson all ran laps and looked spot on ,not a bit of strapping between them
Ibbo joined in the skill work and then ran laps when the heavier work started
Interesting comparison between Ibbo and Duffy who have both suffered shoulder problems
Ibbo had light strapping on his shoulder and did a lot of fairly quick laps alongside Wood who also suffered the popped shoulder
Duffy on the other hand was strapped up like a mummy with an arm brace and sling and walking slow laps
Seems to be chalk and cheese between the severity of their injury and Ibbo is definitely the cheese.
Sylvia,Mora,Simpson ,Clancy,Kep and Clark all trained well
It was good to see the 5 ruckmen together on the track for the first time this season with Moller,Griff,Clark,Hannath and Sandi all working together in rucking drills
I had a chat with Duff over the fence before the squad got out on the track and he commented among other things that he would like a run through the midfield.On reflection thats a bloody good idea,he is a big body ,great skills and beautiful disposer of the pill
Not a bad option at all
All in all a good session and with Griff,Kep back and Ibbo's injury looking a lot more on the positive side its not all doom and gloom

Thanks for the report Salim.

Who stood out for you at training? What were the skills like? Any evidence of that trademark Freo pressure shining through at training?

Well done mate, sylvia was always recruited as a CHF so as long as his pressure defence game is up to scratch he can replace mayne temprarily and do his customary 2 goals. With duff coming in the middle would be good for him to pitch in a goal or 2.

Clancy can go in the back half like an enforcer and he is worth 1 goal a game at least only worry is his kicking.

One thing I am not liking is sutcliffe in the back half, he is a running machine with great delivery why cant we use him in middle heading forward remember him winning us the adelaide game last year !!!!

* puzzled look... shakes head *

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a cracker of a post, no doubt.

salim malik , you are missing a golden business opportunity here by not charging by the question. I'm up for 10% if you need a good* manager.

*dodgy.

Our admiration and thanks is the only payment Salim needs.

Also Salim did the break into WAFL and AFL groups ?

No not today .Today was the quick transfer from defence to attack drill starting with a clearance ,with the mids working the ball out of the clearance with designated defenders attepting to hold them up and then the quick transfer down the ground,They are training again Fri but as the teams are selected tomorrow we're are gonna be in the dark until then with the make up of the side

No not today .Today was the quick transfer from defence to attack drill starting with a clearance ,with the mids working the ball out of the clearance with designated defenders attepting to hold them up and then the quick transfer down the ground,They are training again Fri but as the teams are selected tomorrow we're are gonna be in the dark until then with the make up of the side

Did any of them manage to hold onto the ball today? They seemed to have an inordinate amount of trouble doing so last Friday.

Thanks for the report Salim.

Who stood out for you at training? What were the skills like? Any evidence of that trademark Freo pressure shining through at training?

Pokerspiv will like this but Sylvia worked well as did Mora,Suban,Spurr ,it was a good session all round with most working hard
Freo's training is a tackle free zone so the pressure is limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back