Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did anyone get to training today?

Not everone was out there today at training, but they did train in two groups (wafl and best 22) and Clancee Pearce was in the WAFL group. Im thinking he and Ballas will be the outs this weekend. Lukey Mac and De Boer are my tips to come into the team with Mayne to play permanently forward and Sylvia to play Ballas role deep forward. C.Pearce, Ballas out: Lukey Mac and de Boer in is my tip.

Went to training today and will now give my observations and Gaskin and Sheriff can then add their own observations as well.

The rehab group was Son-Son, Ibbo, Keppler, Hilly and Silva who all just ran laps, until Sonny had plenty of shots from the 50m arc later on.

Gumby trained fully with the WAFL boys and should play this week and best of the WAFL boys today was Jacob Ballard.

Matt de Boer trained with the main squad, as did Clancee Pearce, Mora, Colin Sylvia and Luke McPharlin.

Ballas did all of the skills work, but not the match drills for obvious reasons.

Sandi was not sighted at all, so I asked Hilly where he was and he said that he was in the gym on the cross trainer.

So Jon Griffin took Sandi's place on the track during the match drills. Brady Grey was there watching on and didn't look too injured to me.

Highlights for me, watching Sonny kick goals from out of his arse without missing a single shot from the 50m arc, and seeing Hilly, Kepler and Ibbo train without out strapping or any noticeable discomfort.

I think we will see everyone back after the bye.

My guess will be Matt De Boer in for Ballas and Luke McPharlin in for Michael Apeness.

But then again it could be simply Luke in for Ballas :confused:

Went to training today and will now give my observations and Gaskin and Sheriff can then add their own observations as well.

The rehab group was Son-Son, Ibbo, Keppler, Hilly and Silva who all just ran laps, until Sonny had plenty of shots from the 50m arc later on.

Gumby trained fully with the WAFL boys and should play this week and best of the WAFL boys today was Jacob Ballard.

Matt de Boer trained with the main squad, as did Clancee Pearce, Mora, Colin Sylvia and Luke McPharlin.

Ballas did all of the skills work, but not the match drills for obvious reasons.

Sandi was not sighted at all, so I asked Hilly where he was and he said that he was in the gym on the cross trainer.

So Jon Griffin took Sandi's place on the track during the match drills. Brady Grey was there watching on and didn't look too injured to me.

Highlights for me, watching Sonny kick goals from out of his arse without missing a single shot from the 50m arc, and seeing Hilly, Kepler and Ibbo train without out strapping or any noticeable discomfort.

My guess will be Matt De Boer in for Ballas and Luke McPharlin in for Michael Apeness.

This gets me excited. Good work Harry :thumbsu:

Harry summed it up pretty well. It was a short, sharp session with not a lot of action. Son Son to me looked like he was running with a slight limp but he has a bit of a strange running style so it could have just been that. I don't know how injured Hilly and Ibbo are because they looked in cracking nick today. Hilly was gliding majestically up and down the boundary and I reckon if it was a big game this week he probably could play. Ibbo looked like he had nothing wrong either. Sutty had a rather easy session just doing some run throughs along the boundary. Sandi was apparently out there early but never joined in the main session. Griff did a bit of work today so it wouldn't surprise me if we rest Sandi and Griff comes in for a game this week. I also loved seeing Mora doing some stoppage work. Granted it was with the 2nd string mids (Ballard, Hannath, Mzungu etc.) but it showed me that they do eventually have plans to move him on ball.

I agree with all of the above. Nice work Mr Reems.
Another highlight of training today was watching my favourite player outside of the main team, A.Pearce matching up on Pav in some brief match sims. Pav got the better of him in marking duels, but on the lead Pearce had too much pace for Pav to get away from him. I'll go on record as saying barring injury I think we have a future star in Alex Pearce. I also had a long chat with Woods' dad who said that in his opinion Pearce was considered to be really intelligent at reading the play and fantastic at communicating structural expectations to team mates during a game. He also reiterated what most already know and that is De Boer and Gu are fantastic mates who both go out of there way to help and encourage younger players.

Im tipping De Boer and Mcpharlin are the ins, with C.Pearce and Ballas the outs this week.

Harry summed it up pretty well. It was a short, sharp session with not a lot of action. Son Son to me looked like he was running with a slight limp but he has a bit of a strange running style so it could have just been that. I don't know how injured Hilly and Ibbo are because they looked in cracking nick today. Hilly was gliding majestically up and down the boundary and I reckon if it was a big game this week he probably could play. Ibbo looked like he had nothing wrong either. Sutty had a rather easy session just doing some run throughs along the boundary. Sandi was apparently out there early but never joined in the main session. Griff did a bit of work today so it wouldn't surprise me if we rest Sandi and Griff comes in for a game this week. I also loved seeing Mora doing some stoppage work. Granted it was with the 2nd string mids (Ballard, Hannath, Mzungu etc.) but it showed me that they do eventually have plans to move him on ball.

On the money!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/24486727/freo-gives-sandilands-a-rest/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if they're training tomorrow (Tuesday). May possibly wander down if the boys will be out there.

I'm pretty sure Pat said last session they were training tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back