Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who couldn't stand this movie? I love sci-fi, but I couldn't make heads or tails of what the hell it was about. Seemed to me like one big "Matrix" rip-off. And I loved "The Matrix" -- well, OK, maybe not the last one. I've heard of suspending your sense of disbelief, but for "Inception," a viewer needed to do that PLUS, be simultaneously drunk, sleep deprived and tripping on acid to understand it.

As I have said in a post before it's a rip off of a Japanese anime Paprika.

A bit off topic but does anyone know where I can pick up one of Freo's training jerseys. I'm in Japan so it's proving difficult. My mom always gets the wrong one for my birthday (although she does try) and the online store doesn't have them in stock anymore as far as I know. Was about to take the plunge and fork out the cash, went to the website and couldn't find them any more. Emailed the store twice about future restocking and received no reply. Would really love one but I figure I might have to wait for next years design

A bit off topic but does anyone know where I can pick up one of Freo's training jerseys. I'm in Japan so it's proving difficult. My mom always gets the wrong one for my birthday (although she does try) and the online store doesn't have them in stock anymore as far as I know. Was about to take the plunge and fork out the cash, went to the website and couldn't find them any more. Emailed the store twice about future restocking and received no reply. Would really love one but I figure I might have to wait for next years design

Don't worry about it. Off topic is sort of traditional nowadays.

Am I the only one who couldn't stand this movie? I love sci-fi, but I couldn't make heads or tails of what the hell it was about. Seemed to me like one big "Matrix" rip-off. And I loved "The Matrix" -- well, OK, maybe not the last one. I've heard of suspending your sense of disbelief, but for "Inception," a viewer needed to do that PLUS, be simultaneously drunk, sleep deprived and tripping on acid to understand it.

I'm with you Gil, sort of got it but thought it was pretty crap. I felt there was a bit of Emperors New Clothes feel about it. Everyone I talked to said they loved it and if you didn't you mustn't have understood what was going on. I watched the latest X men which was a bit like inception and that was much better.

I was there today but had facepainting queue duties for the sugar-fuelled kids, who needed to run around. From what I did see, Ballantyne was very active (and I am tempted to draw a link to the previous sentence here), and Johnson seemed to move without hindrance. I saw Walters doing a couple of drills and he looked very nimble. Mzungu and McPharlin were running laps for much of the session and I think I saw Dawson in the weights room. I did not see Mundy. I don't remember seeing Sandilands, but I was not looking for him. He obviously doesn't stand out. EDIT: he was there, as per ABC's sports footage.

Neale and Suban seemed very involved but skills/footing an issue at times. Mayne, as mentioned elsewhere, is a tad unwell. Man flu has got him by the balls.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its another closed session

Well there are closed sessions and there are closed sessions. Last week Luke Morphess walked over to Michael Thompson and Caty Price and told them to leave.

We were allowed to stay and listen to Bluey's stories.

I can't see them putting goons on the gate for a home game against GWS.

I'll be there Harry ,bring the binoculars as usual so you can see what's happening on all parts of the ground :)

I'll be there Harry ,bring the binoculars as usual so you can see what's happening on all parts of the ground :)

Would especially appreciate if you give us an update on Ibbotson and McPharlin.

Also can you keep an eye out for Grey, I see he has not been selected Peel so I am guessing he is injured.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
I'll leave a detailed write up to sheriff. I will say that judging by who trained where today we will go in as named. Dawson and Duff were having fitness tests but both looked okay so I'd be surprised if either didn't get up. Also Ross got angry when Apeness took a mark on his chest instead of out in front and made the group do 20 push ups.

Would especially appreciate if you give us an update on Ibbotson and McPharlin.

Also can you keep an eye out for Grey, I see he has not been selected Peel so I am guessing he is injured.

Ibbo and McPharlin were nowhere to be seen as were Hill and Silvagni. Brady popped his head outside for a minute or 2 but must have been doing work in the gym.

I'll leave a detailed write up to sheriff. I will say that judging by who trained where today we will go in as named. Dawson and Duff were having fitness tests but both looked okay so I'd be surprised if either didn't get up. Also Ross got angry when Apeness took a mark on his chest instead of out in front and made the group do 20 push ups.

Ibbo and McPharlin were nowhere to be seen as were Hill and Silvagni. Brady popped his head outside for a minute or 2 but must have been doing work in the gym.

Did Matt De Boer train with the main group or the WAFL group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back