Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocean by John Butler is nice

*enters self isolation*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I had a knife to my throat I'd probably have to admit Ben Harper had some good acoustic tunes on his first two albums.

*enters self isolation*

If I had a knife to my throat I'd probably have to admit Ben Harper had some good acoustic tunes on his first two albums.

*enters self isolation*

I heard his song faded once and thought it was good but then I heard it again and didn’t like it at all.

I think the second time was acoustic

Robbie Gray just kicked that goal

I have no pants on

Reading the thread thats linked in post 1, he jumps out as a Medhurst clone. I'd suggest that he sounds like the most likely of the group of draftees not to make it ... unless he can adjust his game significantly.

I heard his song faded once and thought it was good but then I heard it again and didn’t like it at all.

I think the second time was acoustic
I like his bass player.. big dude krispy kreme enthusiast but has that old school soul

I like his bass player.. big dude krispy kreme enthusiast but has that old school soul

The acoustic thing is interesting because well played and the right song it’s great.

But then the general public who are well known to be ****ing morons jumped on that mtv thing and the world was ****ed. I’m sure Nirvana unplugged led directly to Coronavirus

So, not only have I missed out on Port going 2-0 after the Showdown but miss out on Forest giving the shaggers a hiding in the EFL. What a weekend that would've been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d thought I’d share a slightly humerus tale of last evening.

So I’m back off to WA next week for work, just found out on Friday construction of a wind farm is an essential service👌.

So was trying to spend a bit more time with the kids today before I go.

I suggested during the evening meal for the kids to get on their scooters and I’d get on the skateboard and we’d race around on the driveway after tea.

Now Ive never been a skater at all and am now well past 47, but in the last few years I’ve managed to learn how to do laps around the driveway on an old pennyboard that my oldest bought and never used.

Straight away the missus was into me about wearing a helmet blah blah blah. “I don‘t want you falling off and cracking your head open” she said.

Like all good men my age I deliberately disregarded her words and went out with the kids with no thought for a helmet.

I get on and now my youngest daughter who is 9 was also lecturing me about wearing a helmet and begging me to stop. I ignored her advice the same as I did to her mothers. I’m thinking thanks mrs now I’m getting lectured by a nine year old as well.

I took off beer in hand went about 2 metres front wheels hit a little rock and I proceeded to go campaigner up straight over the top of the penny board taking bark of my left knee.

I managed to save my beer but the impact caused the newly opened can to bubble up and spew out of the can. While I was trying to scull the precious beer that was leaving my can my daughter was balling her eyes out telling me to stop and put a helmet on.

After brushing myself and trying to calm the situation down I jumped back on and managed to do a few laps around the back, meanwhile I was still being told to wear a helmet you my daughter and now my 11year old son had also started on me.
So I conceded and went into the shed and found an old work helmet but by this time my 11 year old son came out with a bike helmet which I put on.

Helmet on but now my daughter was still into me about doing up the strap and I deflected her attempts at saving me from brain injury by telling both the kids to put their own helmets on which they did.

Everything settled down and spent about five or so minutes skating around drinking my beverage at the same time thinking “how cool am I”.

I guess I was starting to go a bit faster and be a bit risky abut it was all good kids were having fun as was I.

So the story ends with me trying to take off with some pace and I managed to do the worst thing possible which was me some how sending the skate board forward along with my feet and the rest of my body went backwards.

I hit the concrete backwards like a sack of spuds somehow rotating enough to break my fall with my shoulder, managing to not hit my head.
The helmet went flying across the concrete the kids who both saw the whole debacle unfold were both upset with my daughter in tears again saying that she thought I was going die.
I get up to re-assure them telling them I’m fine but feeling like Pickett had just given me one of his best hip and shoulders.

It knocked the wind clean out of me but I tried to act as if I was ok while I was calming the situation down.

I’m picking up the penny board a minute later with one wheel still spinning at 100 mph, I’m feeling Like I’ve put my neck, hips and shoulder out. By now the kids are screaming at me to stop but I’m sure if the wife didn’t put the fear of god into them earlier they wouldn’t have been that worried.

I then decide that enough is enough, maybe I’m getting to old for this s**t🥴 and grabbed another can and went and sat down to lick my wounds and get my breath back. On reflection I probably was pretty close to actually hitting my head.

Next time I might choose to play Nintendo or something else.

The one positive is the the missus missed the whole thing apart from noticing the skin missing from my knee has no idea of how close I came to doing the thing she was lecturing me about before.

I’d thought I’d share a slightly humerus tale of last evening.

So I’m back off to WA next week for work, just found out on Friday construction of a wind farm is an essential service👌.

So was trying to spend a bit more time with the kids today before I go.

I suggested during the evening meal for the kids to get on their scooters and I’d get on the skateboard and we’d race around on the driveway after tea.

Now Ive never been a skater at all and am now well past 47, but in the last few years I’ve managed to learn how to do laps around the driveway on an old pennyboard that my oldest bought and never used.

Straight away the missus was into me about wearing a helmet blah blah blah. “I don‘t want you falling off and cracking your head open” she said.

Like all good men my age I deliberately disregarded her words and went out with the kids with no thought for a helmet.

I get on and now my youngest daughter who is 9 was also lecturing me about wearing a helmet and begging me to stop. I ignored her advice the same as I did to her mothers. I’m thinking thanks mrs now I’m getting lectured by a nine year old as well.

I took off beer in hand went about 2 metres front wheels hit a little rock and I proceeded to go campaigner up straight over the top of the penny board taking bark of my left knee.

I managed to save my beer but the impact caused the newly opened can to bubble up and spew out of the can. While I was trying to scull the precious beer that was leaving my can my daughter was balling her eyes out telling me to stop and put a helmet on.

After brushing myself and trying to calm the situation down I jumped back on and managed to do a few laps around the back, meanwhile I was still being told to wear a helmet you my daughter and now my 11year old son had also started on me.
So I conceded and went into the shed and found an old work helmet but by this time my 11 year old son came out with a bike helmet which I put on.

Helmet on but now my daughter was still into me about doing up the strap and I deflected her attempts at saving me from brain injury by telling both the kids to put their own helmets on which they did.

Everything settled down and spent about five or so minutes skating around drinking my beverage at the same time thinking “how cool am I”.

I guess I was starting to go a bit faster and be a bit risky abut it was all good kids were having fun as was I.

So the story ends with me trying to take off with some pace and I managed to do the worst thing possible which was me some how sending the skate board forward along with my feet and the rest of my body went backwards.

I hit the concrete backwards like a sack of spuds somehow rotating enough to break my fall with my shoulder, managing to not hit my head.
The helmet went flying across the concrete the kids who both saw the whole debacle unfold were both upset with my daughter in tears again saying that she thought I was going die.
I get up to re-assure them telling them I’m fine but feeling like Pickett had just given me one of his best hip and shoulders.

It knocked the wind clean out of me but I tried to act as if I was ok while I was calming the situation down.

I’m picking up the penny board a minute later with one wheel still spinning at 100 mph, I’m feeling Like I’ve put my neck, hips and shoulder out. By now the kids are screaming at me to stop but I’m sure if the wife didn’t put the fear of god into them earlier they wouldn’t have been that worried.

I then decide that enough is enough, maybe I’m getting to old for this s**t🥴 and grabbed another can and went and sat down to lick my wounds and get my breath back. On reflection I probably was pretty close to actually hitting my head.

Next time I might choose to play Nintendo or something else.

The one positive is the the missus missed the whole thing apart from noticing the skin missing from my knee has no idea of how close I came to doing the thing she was lecturing me about before.

Wouldn't have been funny if you'd busted your humerus.

Petrols like 80c so I went to fill up. Girl at the counter “got any plans for today?” me “staying home” her “yeah, last few days...” then she just kinda mumbled and trailed off. I said “alright, cya” and quickly left. Have I just been in close contact with a Wuhan carrier?

The acoustic thing is interesting because well played and the right song it’s great.

But then the general public who are well known to be ****ing morons jumped on that mtv thing and the world was f’ed. I’m sure Nirvana unplugged led directly to Coronavirus
Nirvana are one of my all time favourites, but MTV unplugged can eat my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back