Under 19 (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit hard to tell atm i think mate, not much heard from anywhere....

St Bedes
Brighton
Melbourne
Collegians

That would be my top 4 in no order at this stage - then Camberwell and Banyule perhaps to win against these sides at home ? ?

Collegians the obvious 'x factor' with S Carroll at the helm, by far and away the best Under 19 coach in the VAFA on paper. Unusual not to find him in Section 1.

If big Bodinar has another good season and kicks bags every game, you will see the boys from st. bedes right up there when finals come about!

St Bedes - I would think at Brindisi St they will prove hard to beat and maybe go close to winning them all.
In 2006, Brighton probably lost a few very close ones, stiff not to win 2/3 more and they just missed finals . . . I reckon at home they might prove a strong side too . . .

well leftfootkick, nice way to shut down a thread before it has even begun!

I've heard there's quite a large team down at Old Brighton this year; have been told to expect a noticeably increased physical element in their play this year.

St bedes are playing de la salle in a practise match this saturday. should
be interesting.

should be a massacre. if de la don't beat them by more than 50pts then ill be suprised.
most of st bede's good footy players would be playing for OH anyway, wouldn't they :D. b*stards.

should be a massacre. if de la don't beat them by more than 50pts then ill be suprised.
most of st bede's good footy players would be playing for OH anyway, wouldn't they :D. b*stards.

Doubt it, 50% of the side are current Haileybury football scholarship holders.

Neville, Hellier, Swaynes, Tyquin, Cook, Meehan etc will be hard to stop.

They will have a good midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stbedes is an unstopabble force this year!!! under new leadership and even with players such as neville, hellier and swayne in the seniors.. i cant see them being beaten this year.

well, can't argue with results! who are the top challengers to st bedes this year? BGS? have collegians picked up some good players from their school side?
can we reach any agreement on a top 2 or 3?

Doubt it, 50% of the side are current Haileybury football scholarship holders.

Neville, Hellier, Swaynes, Tyquin, Cook, Meehan etc will be hard to stop.

They will have a good midfield.

Not one of those players named are even playing in the 19s and there is no one on the u19s list that currently has an old haileyberry scholarship nor do they even go to the school.
St Bedes knocked off De La Salle on the weekend by 5 goals in a dominant display

St Bedes Dominated Caulfield on Saturday Arvo, Caulfield came out and kicked the first 2 goals and 1 behind of the game, then st bedes responded by kicking the next 20 goals to win by a staggering margin of 119 points. Big Mitch Bodinar Kicked 8 and new recruit Mark Kidner work hard all day through the middle with the skipper Mark Geschke and the ruckman Steve McLaughlin. Faulkiner ran the opposistion to pieces on the wing gathering plenty off footy. Tobin Neville and Parker gave the forwards limited space when it came down there and rebounded the footy convincingly. Next Week should be the real test for the boys from Brindisi.

St Bedes Dominated Caulfield on Saturday Arvo, Caulfield came out and kicked the first 2 goals and 1 behind of the game, then st bedes responded by kicking the next 20 goals to win by a staggering margin of 119 points. Big Mitch Bodinar Kicked 8 and new recruit Mark Kidner work hard all day through the middle with the skipper Mark Geschke and the ruckman Steve McLaughlin. Faulkiner ran the opposistion to pieces on the wing gathering plenty off footy. Tobin Neville and Parker gave the forwards limited space when it came down there and rebounded the footy convincingly. Next Week should be the real test for the boys from Brindisi.

I disagree - I watched OC and I felt the opponent was hopeless throughout. They will not have the size to compete with Bodinar down back and Brindisi won't suit OC at all . . . .

Wright and Goldblatt do get a truckload of the ball but not sure the away venue suits . . . just have a feeling St Bedes will win well again and can really go on from here

Collegians are not quite upto their standard and Banyule will be OK - Jenkin is a big recruit and is dangerous one on one . . . .

St Bede's will finish top no doubt. Will not lose at home, and will clean sweep the finals series. Bodinar will kick 70+ easy, and Faulkiner will be the player to watch. Bookmark this thread!

St Bede's will finish top no doubt. Will not lose at home, and will clean sweep the finals series. Bodinar will kick 70+ easy, and Faulkiner will be the player to watch. Bookmark this thread!

Jeremy Bourke at HO will be happy with that. The seemingly unspirited decision to allow OC to stay in Div 2 still remains hard to comprehend.

I believe he maybe putting a call into Whitefriars this week to provide tips on how to KEEP their U19 squad bouyant and motivated.

How is the club meant to keep U19 players in the competition when OC thumped them last year, ended up premiers and then came back and smashed them by 22 goals in round one?

As Spencer Johnson stated .."I watched OC and I felt the opponent was hopeless throughout"...perhaps the club having seen OC remain in Div 2 for 2007 have already lost their next crop of U19 players?

I believe the same Monday call will be made to a number of other Div 2 clubs throughout the year.

Jeremy Bourke at HO will be happy with that. The seemingly unspirited decision to allow OC to stay in Div 2 still remains hard to comprehend.

I believe he maybe putting a call into Whitefriars this week to provide tips on how to KEEP their U19 squad bouyant and motivated.

How is the club meant to keep U19 players in the competition when OC thumped them last year, ended up premiers and then came back and smashed them by 22 goals in round one?

As Spencer Johnson stated .."I watched OC and I felt the opponent was hopeless throughout"...perhaps the club having seen OC remain in Div 2 for 2007 have already lost their next crop of U19 players?

I believe the same Monday call will be made to a number of other Div 2 clubs throughout the year.

Fair point Cardio it does look a little suss. However the club only had 17 OC players and had to get top ups from other clubs.

I guess the thing is that there top half dozen are very good but they don't really have enough players to field a side let alone any depth so i guess it was on that basis that the call was made.

Hard to make a proper assessment of the merit of the call until they have played a few more I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back