Vale Jim Stynes, 1966-2012 - A champion/hero - Statue commissioned for MCG Avenue of Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe the year has past . He's someone I haven't really thought about him as not being around anymore. All the best to Jim's family and MFC people and anyone else whose life Jim touched......

Just finished reading Jim's autobiography at long last. What a read, what a man. So much wisdom and soul, so much perspective on life. Interestingly much of the wisdom he gained through learning from personal failures and shortcomings, which I think he probably overstated as we would all expect him to. But still - a troubled man in many ways, who was able to learn much and find inner peace and balance before the end.

A hero.

RIP Irish Jim. Hopefully we can start to repay what you gave to our club with better on field results this year, something you wanted more than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Jim Stynes was an outstanding gentleman, but was he really that good a player?

A very high honour.

He won a brownlow medal, made all australian twice, was best and fairest four times, and played a record 244 games in a row (including playing through various injuries like broken ribs) - which is unlikely to be broken. All this from an Irishman who didn't even touch a footy until he was 17. So I reckon he was that good.

Stynes 100% is a great choice due to what he achieved on and off the field.

The question mark is on the player who quit after only 98 games - not Stynes.

You mean the player for whom one of the highest individual honours in the game is named after?

Piss weak troll.

You mean the player for whom one of the highest individual honours in the game is named after?

Piss weak troll.

The player who was awarded the current statue also has a fantastic award named after him, one that deserves more credit than it has received over the last two years.

The player who was awarded the current statue also has a fantastic award named after him, one that deserves more credit than it has received over the last two years.

And my question was serious, was he a decent enough player to be given this honour. Am yet to actually argue with anyone that has responded to that.

I did however roll my eyes at a piss weak troll that can barely string a sentence together away from the North Melbourne board.

And my question was serious, was he a decent enough player to be given this honour. Am yet to actually argue with anyone that has responded to that.

I did however roll my eyes at a piss weak troll that can barely string a sentence together away from the North Melbourne board.

Started playing the game at 18.
Won a Brownlow.
Consecutive games record at 244.

Also saved the MFC from folding in 2008. Seems to be forgotten.

Put it this way: its in the same vein as Mike Pyke winning the Brownlow.

Wow. Jim Stynes was an outstanding gentleman, but was he really that good a player?

A very high honour.
Still holds the record for consecutive games played undoubtedly the greatest foreigner to arive on our shpres and play the game. I think its important to recognise how multicultural our game has become

Still holds the record for consecutive games played undoubtedly the greatest foreigner to arive on our shpres and play the game. I think its important to recognise how multicultural our game has become

jade is the one trolling on here - questioning this decision is pathetic.

This thread should be about celebrating a legend of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back