Vent thread... boy do we need it... again. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leppa said it... Either the players don't want to run... Or can't!!!

One thing that concerned me was in the locker talk clip this week.

Josh Green said that he didn't eat junk food. Everyone within earshot burst into laughter as he clearly does. He is a highly paid professional athlete..... Why is the culture within the team accept such a relaxed attitude to diet when it's soooo important to performance.
Especially when he looks overweight.

They should be pissed off at him.

Yeah... It is crap. Most other clubs banish people for this sort of crap. We joke about it on our wanky locker room clips

when i checked the stats we had equal amounts of inside f50 entries compared to the GC and in the past games Ive watched there were periods where we would absolutely be bombarding the opposition teams f50 5 to 10 entries in a row for no result. It definitely is our major issue I reckon

One of many.... I dont look at stats much but rather the quality of ball use. People still think our midfield is up to standard whicj is false. The last team that had no forward line and a greta midfield was the eagles some years ago and they ran goals in and where clean in ball movement from the defense and through the middle. We are rubbish in all areas of the ground. We certainly need a few quality forwards but that isnt the great last fix for our team. All our lines are rubbish atm

Yeah... It is crap. Most other clubs banish people for this sort of crap. We joke about it on our wanky locker room clips

10954777_399444340226792_1289344956_n.jpg

this was before a nab cup game. Subway does some serious bloating. not the food you want before a game porky pig greeny

10954777_399444340226792_1289344956_n.jpg

this was before a nab cup game. Subway does some serious bloating. not the food you want before a game porky pig greeny

If his diet and fitness aint up to speed id banish him to the ressies asap...more worrying is if fans on forums are uncovering this and the club either doesnt know or does know but wont enforce club standards then what hope do we have

One of many.... I dont look at stats much but rather the quality of ball use. People still think our midfield is up to standard whicj is false. The last team that had no forward line and a greta midfield was the eagles some years ago and they ran goals in and where clean in ball movement from the defense and through the middle. We are rubbish in all areas of the ground. We certainly need a few quality forwards but that isnt the great last fix for our team. All our lines are rubbish atm

the eagles forward line was somewhat competitive then, Lecras and Quinten Lynch are pretty good forwards, we just have hasbeens or prepubescent forwards in there, basically it stutters our movements/entries into the 50 as players wonder what would be the best targets ie no leads, no seperations, no contested marking threats. We are struggling in alot of areas, but I think that would be a our major issue at this stage, we would be in alot better position if we did have a consistent marking threat like most other teams (if you actually take a look at the other teams they literally all have a settled main forward or couple of upcoming beauties

Leppa said it... Either the players don't want to run... Or can't!!!

One thing that concerned me was in the locker talk clip this week.

Josh Green said that he didn't eat junk food. Everyone within earshot burst into laughter as he clearly does. He is a highly paid professional athlete..... Why is the culture within the team accept such a relaxed attitude to diet when it's soooo important to performance.
Especially when he looks overweight.

They should be pissed off at him.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

the eagles forward line was somewhat competitive then, Lecras and Quinten Lynch are pretty good forwards, we just have hasbeens or prepubescent forwards in there, basically it stutters our movements/entries into the 50 as players wonder what would be the best targets ie no leads, no seperations, no contested marking threats. We are struggling in alot of areas, but I think that would be a our major issue at this stage, we would be in alot better position if we did have a consistent marking threat like most other teams (if you actually take a look at the other teams they literally all have a settled main forward or couple of upcoming beauties

I get that...my point is that all out lines are in trouble. Lots of people think our mid and defense is fine when it aint which is my point and hence why I said having a few decent forwards wont change much.

Our play break downs much before any forward has a chance to get involved... Our midifeld is pathetic and backline incapable at running the ball out of defense in conjunction with our midfield. No doubt the forward line talls is a priority but it aint the case that we get a few and we are ready to go forward. So many over rated players and holes in our squad team wide

I get that...my point is that all out lines are in trouble. Lots of people think our mid and defense is fine when it aint which is my point and hence why I said having a few decent forwards wont change much.

Our play break downs much before any forward has a chance to get involved... Our midifeld is pathetic and backline incapable at running the ball out of defense in conjunction with our midfield. No doubt the forward line talls is a priority but it aint the case that we get a few and we are ready to go forward. So many over rated players and holes in our squad team wide

i don't particularly think our midfield is terrible, its just having a bit of trouble gelling, has really missed two of its better players, and the new additions either underdone (christensen), adjusting to a new team (robinson who is improving big time) or playing a lone hand without much support (beams). Will take a time but i think the building blocks are there

Defence is a major problem with yeah basically not being able to run it out of their how badly we need Elliot Yeo since Tom Cutler hasn't really come on (also missing Patfull who really improved his rebound. Another issue is not having adcock play in the back half/missing harwood who were also pretty effective in this regard. Beams, Cutler and Paperone are still adapting to these roles and struggling at this stage, could be a long term benefit i guess.

i don't particularly think our midfield is terrible, its just having a bit of trouble gelling, has really missed two of its better players, and the new additions either underdone (christensen), adjusting to a new team (robinson who is improving big time) or playing a lone hand without much support (beams). Will take a time but i think the building blocks are there

Defence is a major problem with yeah basically not being able to run it out of their how badly we need Elliot Yeo since Tom Cutler hasn't really come on (also missing Patfull who really improved his rebound. Another issue is not having adcock play in the back half/missing harwood who were also pretty effective in this regard. Beams, Cutler and Paperone are still adapting to these roles and struggling at this stage, could be a long term benefit i guess.
Huh? Tom Cutler hasn't come on? It was his 2nd game of the season, only played about 7 games for his career. His 1st game of the season 33 disposals and running it out of defence repeatedly. Not sure how he did in the 2nd game, l blocked it from my memory.

I think he is developing really nicely.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? Tom Cutler hasn't come on? It was his 2nd game of the season, only played about 7 games for his career. His 1st game of the season 33 disposals and running it out of defence repeatedly. Not sure how he did in the 2nd game, l blocked it from my memory.

I think he is developing really nicely.

yeahh youre right Im a bit too quick to judge on that, just the memory from this weekends game is why I said it, I didn't even note him on the field was a bit nonexistent really, early days I guess.

Hey they all have a better rig than me..... But s**t they are tiny muscles... Close looks like a tall 14 year old. That's our Giant KPF than we're ****ed.

Bewick as well should look bigger now. I want 12kg added to Close next season... And 5kg extra on Bewick... I and I want Green 3kg less fat

Burton was a weed himself as a player... Good player... But a weed.

I'm serious when I say this........ I want us to hire the Weapon from Essendon.

He made Geelong beasts and changed the size of the Essendon players.

What's that I hear you say?? Essendon cheated??
Maybe... But all the peptides in the world won't do anything if you're not pumping iron hard. May not help size anyway.

What's that I her you say?? Essendon got lots of injuries?? Well Geelong didn't under him..... And hell we get injuries under weedy Burton!!!

Weapon (real name escapes me) before Dank was the most sought after trainer.

I'm sure he'd be willing to relocate his family to renter the AFL. He has the mandate to get every player 5kg of extra

Last edited:
I wouldn't be to concerned about Bewick putting on more muscle for next season he will be lucky to be on our list.

My vent this time is at journo's who are to interested in being the coach's mate and not prepared to ask the hard questions or write a constructive piece on what's going wrong.

I don't mind Michael Whitling and he often is constructive but some of these others are happy to take the easy road and quote a player saying "it wasn't good enough" etc etc. I haven't seen many have the nous to write a piece on why they think things have gone backwards. Not many of them have the knowledge to look in depth and see how our game plan is non existent and that certain players have gone backwards. Easy job writing for newspapers these days just grab a few quotes and stats mention a few players out through injury and you have done your job. As long as you don't ask hard questions of the team or the coach - wouldn't want to get them offside.

Now look, this has me more upset about the weekend then anything else. I am an optimist and am still looking forward to this weekend even after what we served up. But the thing that really shitteed me off was when rockliff got bumped (seemingly fair of course). Not one lions player went to reminstrate and stand up for their captain and team mate. Mods this is a vent but i didnt feel it needed to go in the vent thread as such.

If that was not only my captain but good friend i know id be in there not to throw punches but to show people we arent here to be pushed around. Which is exactly what happened the rest of the day.

Grow some ******* balls. Protect your team mates and stand up for yourselves and the clubs members. (Yes mitch robinson this is aimed at you mainly cause you where closest to what happened and could of made a stand.)

Up the lions.
Feel free to close thread or move i just needed to get my point accross

Depends what you have on it. Might have just been a salad sub mate, not necessarily 3 kinds of meat and all the sauces.

You cant have a go at someone eating a salad sub.....

This is BF and a team is losing - apparently you can have a go at any player for anything and everyone else will jump on board, regardless of what is known or not known about said player.

Now look, this has me more upset about the weekend then anything else. I am an optimist and am still looking forward to this weekend even after what we served up. But the thing that really shitteed me off was when rockliff got bumped (seemingly fair of course). Not one lions player went to reminstrate and stand up for their captain and team mate. Mods this is a vent but i didnt feel it needed to go in the vent thread as such.

If that was not only my captain but good friend i know id be in there not to throw punches but to show people we arent here to be pushed around. Which is exactly what happened the rest of the day.

Grow some ******* balls. Protect your team mates and stand up for yourselves and the clubs members. (Yes mitch robinson this is aimed at you mainly cause you where closest to what happened and could of made a stand.)

Up the lions.
Feel free to close thread or move i just needed to get my point accross

Wouldn't mind seeing Sauce Merrett line up alongside May in the return clash later in the year.

I know it's over a decade ago, but if someone managed to knock Vossy out during the 'era', they would have had a target on their head all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back