VFL VFL Round 1: Sandringham vs Frankston Match Details & Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously that is one of the best quarters of football you will ever see, and for a kid to do it is just unbelievable. Billings had 5 disposals at half time, but finished with 21 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles and 5 goals. He had 4 goals and about 12 disposals in final quarter alone!

Tom Lee was also outstanding, 11 disposals, 5 marks and 4 goals... He played in ruck for half game aswell...

How did Bruce go? I know he got a lot of the ball, but how did go one-on-one?

Looked alright 1-on-1. Would be good to see him stick a few more marks. And punch with more authority but played well. His disposal still had its questionable moments especially pinpointing kicks over 40m.

I was impressed with Bruce today and have serious doubts that we wouldn't be better off tonight if he was playing for us in Perth. Seemed to always get to the right spots to take the intercept mark, or to spoil and gave us a regular option with his run and even did two very good passes on the run that hit their targets, rather than dribble along the ground. They were genuinely good quality kicks for someone his size on the run. If his fitness isn't up to scratch yet, as Finey suggested it wasn't the other night, I look forward to seeing how he goes when he is up to the standard we're looking for.

Simpkin was also good and continues his solo crusade to keep the bump alive. The one he laid today was a ripper. You'd have to also wonder if we wouldn't be better off tonight if he was playing for us.

Seb Ross does his best work in close. Some terrific handballs today to release someone else running past.

Interesting to see that Murdoch was moved into the middle for I think it might have been the last centre bounce of the day. Got a terrific clearance where he did a blind-turn to avoid the tackle and did a really good job to keep his feet and balance and get the handball away and then got the follow-up handball and pumped it forward. Really hope we run him through the middle a fair bit there this year to see how he goes. Was really good playing midfield on Xavier Ellis in one VFL game last year (when he had 20-odd possies and 3 goals).

Seriously that is one of the best quarters of football you will ever see, and for a kid to do it is just unbelievable. Billings had 5 disposals at half time, but finished with 21 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles and 5 goals. He had 4 goals and about 12 disposals in final quarter alone!

Tom Lee was also outstanding, 11 disposals, 5 marks and 4 goals... He played in ruck for half game aswell...
Thats terrific ST - thanks for your updates as usual.

What were Simpkin's stats? And who do you think played better, Simpkin's or Bruce (be careful I know who's bias ;) ).

Great to see Tom Lee playing well after a few poor games, having read the comments from people saying he's a dud and to sack him, grow up, he's been trying to get his match fitness up if you would've done 5 minutes research you'd know that.

Another two weeks I assume and he'll be back in serious selection for the 2nd forward spot for the Saints.

Judging by the comments, Billings will come in for whoever doesn't play too well.

EDIT: just realised those comments were sarcastic against Lee xD

I thought Bruce was good. Simpkin was ok but turned it over a lot with blind bomb kicks or putting it out on the full. I thought Bruce was a lot better, he's also key position size. Simpkin is just depth.

We're finding it hard to find places for everyone at the moment and over the next few weeks we could be looking to squeeze in the likes of Lee, Billings, Longer, Bruce, Roberton (who finished of the game a lot better than he started it) Steven, Fisher and Schneider! :eek: :)

With a bit of luck with injuries, we could have a pretty decent and much stronger and more in-form team out on the park in about 4-5 weeks time than the one we had out there in the first couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fire in my pants is the stuff of legend.
c85e63bded55ff8209d4746866d6f942.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back