Collingwood 24,883
Essendon 27,115
Geelong 17,251
Hawthorn 14,254
Kangaroos 10,143
Richmond 16,035
St. Kilda 19,275
West. Bulldogs 11,087

Sorry it didnt have the interstate ones guys....what are your thoughts on these at least from my point of view the dees have picked up a bit. good to see hawks and tigers still have a solid base.....bit of a worry bout north and the doggies....your thoughts?

As a Collingwood member I am very dissapointed with our effort, just what we need more Essendon bragging that where better than Collingwood at another thing, hopefully things pick up but still very dissapointed :mad:

Fantastic to see Geelong up the pointy end!

We are about 3000 up on this time last year IIRC...which is a superb effort. Hopefully a good Wiz Cup campaign and a good start to the season will boost our stock. Club is aiming for 27,665 this year. Be great if we could hit 28,000!

Expected to jump to 19,000 next week when AFL Club Support Memberships are processed. Currently Geelong are the #4 team in Victoria for Memberships, would be fantastic if we could be the 4th Best Victorian team this year for Memberships. I would expect Collingwood, Essendon and St Kilda have a strong grip on the Top 3 spots!

HighRoller said:
Victorian Membership Figures Herald Sun 9/2/05

Melbourne 14,432
Carlton 16,504
Collingwood 24,883
Essendon 27,115
Geelong 17,251
Hawthorn 14,254
Kangaroos 10,143
Richmond 16,035
St. Kilda 19,275
West. Bulldogs 11,087

Sorry it didnt have the interstate ones guys....what are your thoughts on these at least from my point of view the dees have picked up a bit. good to see hawks and tigers still have a solid base.....bit of a worry bout north and the doggies....your thoughts?

The Western Bulldogs at this stage are actually a few thousand members ahead of any other season in their history, and are on pace for 25-26,000 members. That is pretty good for a team coming off two pathetic seasons, and who have never had more than 23,000 members.

MACDAICOS said:
As a Collingwood member I am very dissapointed with our effort, just what we need more Essendon bragging that where better than Collingwood at another thing, hopefully things pick up but still very dissapointed :mad:

Those totals don't include AFL members.Collingwood would have a lot of AFL members.

Actually,so would Essendon. ;)

Hard year for Carlton given a proportion of the existing member base would have a strong attachment to OO and may not renew given the departure.

Still, Carlton members are traditionally indifferent to taking up membership early and numbers pick up sharply closer to season proper.

Overall, I am expecting numbers to be down for 2005 given our home ground relocation. Just my opinion

however as far as im concerned, if you are an AFL member you havin nothin to do with your actual club anyway, so you shouldnt be counted towards the figure...exception to this statment is the club support afl guys that is... all others don't factor into the equation

and club support guys ARE counted towards the figures anyway

milnedog44 said:
saints is good 19,000+ we are aiming for 35,000 so hopefully we'll make that what do other clubs expect to get?

We are on 10k and club is expecting/budgetting for 25k. Slow start for us, CEO whining about people not signing up. We should get our target despite the sluggish pre-season purchasing.

Maybe everyone is waiting for the footyshow so they can try and win a car. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dasher39 said:
Fantastic to see Geelong up the pointy end!

We are about 3000 up on this time last year IIRC...which is a superb effort. Hopefully a good Wiz Cup campaign and a good start to the season will boost our stock. Club is aiming for 27,665 this year. Be great if we could hit 28,000!

Expected to jump to 19,000 next week when AFL Club Support Memberships are processed. Currently Geelong are the #4 team in Victoria for Memberships, would be fantastic if we could be the 4th Best Victorian team this year for Memberships. I would expect Collingwood, Essendon and St Kilda have a strong grip on the Top 3 spots!
I wouldnt say St.Kilda has a tight grip on 3rd.

Carlton and Hawthorn have traditionally started slowly over the years and yet always beat St.Kilda at the crunch.

As for Geelong please :rolleyes: you will never be close to the BIG 4 in anything.

If 28 000 is the 4th highest in memberships the AFL has series concerns.

btw, out of the MCC members Melbourne,Collingwood,Essendon and Hawthorn are the big 4 in MCC members-quickly followed by Carlton.

What is Hawthorn on the AFL members count.

Hawthorn are targetting 35 000 members but I think 31 000 is a relistic estimation this year unfortunatly

Hawkk said:
I wouldnt say St.Kilda has a tight grip on 3rd.

Carlton and Hawthorn have traditionally started slowly over the years and yet always beat St.Kilda at the crunch.

As for Geelong please :rolleyes: you will never be close to the BIG 4 in anything.

If 28 000 is the 4th highest in memberships the AFL has series concerns.

btw, out of the MCC members Melbourne,Collingwood,Essendon and Hawthorn are the big 4 in MCC members-quickly followed by Carlton.

What is Hawthorn on the AFL members count.

Hawthorn are targetting 35 000 members but I think 31 000 is a relistic estimation this year unfortunatly
The figure I think at the end of the day will look like-

1.Collingwood-42 000
2.Essendon-41 000
3.St.Kilda-33 000
4.Carlton-31 000
4.Hawthorn-31 000
6.Richmond-30 500
7.Geelong-28 000
8.Melbourne-27 500
9.Western Bulldogs-25 000
10. Kangaroos-24 500

Hawkk said:
The figure I think at the end of the day will look like-

1.Collingwood-42 000
2.Essendon-41 000
3.St.Kilda-33 000
4.Carlton-31 000
4.Hawthorn-31 000
6.Richmond-30 500
7.Geelong-28 000
8.Melbourne-27 500
9.Western Bulldogs-25 000
10. Kangaroos-24 500
pretty good guessing.

I would say that the Bulldogs are dreaming if they think they can get 25,000 this year, but then again I never thought Melbourne would have reached it last season. So hopefully with a new coach, optimism and expectations will rise at the club and they can reach their goal.

I am very worried about the Roos though, they have had an awfully slow start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back