Certified Legendary Thread From Injustice to International Cup glory - the Renee Tong story continues

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit off topic, but as this seems to be the thread for Womans IC matters, thought I would put it here. The USAFL has announced their womens team for the IC cup. Now the US and Canada have for the last year or 2 in their annual match against each other (49th parallel cup), fielded both a national team and a national development team for men and women. The USAFL have decided to bring both teams to Australia, with the national team (the freedom) to play in the IC, and the development team (liberty), to play against Australian women club teams.

I am assuming this decision was based on demand for spots. An indication of the growth of the sport when 50 American women will pay to come to Australia to play footy.

I think this is really cool too! On years when the IC is on, the Parallel Cup doesn't run so there is a bit of a pause for having that extra level of competition. Its great that the US developmental team will still get to challenge themselves and play some new teams. Plus the more the merrier, right?

and by extension you can all support sydney! :p
165.gif

It's on again. We were all excited by the Renee Tong story where she (eventually) won $10,000 to enable her to contest the 2014 AFL International Cup to be played in this August in Melbourne.
Now, we have Aussie X with a chance to win $50,000 to run their sports programs in Southern Toronto. Aussie X came to prominance when they won backing in the TV program "The Dragon's Den". Since then they have brought Australian Rules Football, cricket and netball to Toronto, Vancouver, Calagry and London. Aussie X were instrumental in establishing a junior AFL in Toronto. Now they have a chance to do the same in Southern Toronto.

All you have to do is "Like" their video. Link below.
https://mlseteamupfund.org/Charity/...42-9a82e0932f98?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Hey guys,

I have some BIG news for you all! So I am technically still on the alternate list for the Northern Lights (and realistically, this will not change), but because of other women's teams dropping out, Canada is entering a second team - the Midnight Suns. Which means I will SEE YOU ALL IN AUSTRALIA!!! I am also staying about a week after the tournament so there will be plenty of time for shenanigans afterwards too.

This is happening!

Hey guys,

I have some BIG news for you all! So I am technically still on the alternate list for the Northern Lights (and realistically, this will not change), but because of other women's teams dropping out, Canada is entering a second team - the Midnight Suns. Which means I will SEE YOU ALL IN AUSTRALIA!!! I am also staying about a week after the tournament so there will be plenty of time for shenanigans afterwards too.

This is happening!

Words cannot describe how awesome this is!!!

Congratulations on the fantastic opportunity to represent your country in the greatest game on earth!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys,

This is happening!

Congratulations

Hey guys,

This is happening!
OFFICIAL-Kazakhstan-Thanks-Borat-For-First-Tourist.jpg

Wowoweewa, great success!

Seriously, best news all year!

Hey guys,

This is happening!

Tremendous news! Look forward to hear how you go and how you like the taste of Kangaroo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back