2nds WAFL Watch 2014 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, my first post.
* Ibbo had no tackles but played well.
* At 3/4 time the shark mids said " if we can shop Sheridan Peel are f***ed".
* Moller look ok but was a foot taller than Charters his opposite number.
* Apeness is going to be a very good leading goal kicker.
* Ballard looked very big and handy. Needs to kick better.
* Grey look good, still a season away.
* Hannath was very strong and almost got Peel over the line.

Thanks mate. Great first post.
We always appreciate WAFL info. Cheers

Serves you right for not barracking for a proper team like South Fremantle. Never trust a club with east or west in their name!
Didn't have much say in it.. had relatives of generations ago play for East Perth. Some of my earliest memories of childhood were my mum driving me on a 600km round trip to Perth Oval on weekends to watch the footy. Back when home and away WAFL games could hit 20,000. The 1972 grand final, the rain pissing down on us at the 1978 GF. Very fond pre-Eagle Royal moments.

I would take 'odd' any day of the week. Try being a lifetime East Perth member watching the WAFL nowadays. Just want to boo and vomit at all the baby weagles.
images

Dem feels hoss

Didn't have much say in it.. had relatives of generations ago play for East Perth. Some of my earliest memories of childhood were my mum driving me on a 600km round trip to Perth Oval on weekends to watch the footy. Back when home and away WAFL games could hit 20,000. The 1972 grand final, the rain pissing down on us at the 1978 GF. Very fond pre-Eagle Royal moments.
Manjimup? Is East Perth zoned, isn't? I think they still have country zones in the WAFL.

No out in the Central Wheatbelt - heart of West Perth territory. Was brought up to hate both West Perth and South Freo. Having been a past South Freo resident for a number of years though, have developed a real soft spot for Sowfs. (still hate the garlic munchers though)

The frustrating thing with watching Peel is that they have no structures in place. It seems to me that Cam Shepherd coaches the regular team players, whilst Marc Webb and Roger Hayden coaches the Freo players. It's like having two separate teams playing together out there.

Peel had no forward line at all yesterday, so Craig Moller and John Griffin took turns at getting triple teamed down there.

Sheridan BOG for mine, I also liked Ibbo and Silvagni.

Morra had a tough day and Hannath didn't do much.

Very sloppy ball use cost Peel the game.

Prior has just given Sir Michael Apeness an absolutely huge rap on 720.Talking in terms of him being already the best contested pack mark on the list and was similarly complimentary about his running ability;basically said he was covering more ground than virtually any player which means he is at least the equivalent of Matt Taberner.:D
Also realised I'd underestimated Prior;was particularly thoughtful and skilful with all the Qs about The Flash.Impressive.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The frustrating thing with watching Peel is that they have no structures in place. It seems to me that Cam Shepherd coaches the regular team players, whilst Marc Webb and Roger Hayden coaches the Freo players. It's like having two separate teams playing together out there.

Peel had no forward line at all yesterday, so Craig Moller and John Griffin took turns at getting triple teamed down there.

Sheridan BOG for mine, I also liked Ibbo and Silvagni.

Morra had a tough day and Hannath didn't do much.

Very sloppy ball use cost Peel the game.

I really wish they had just let us have our own 2nds team, not doing the young ones any good to be belted week in and week out. Barring that, wouldn't it be possible for the club to negotiate with Peel to have one of our development coaches as part of the Peel coaching staff or as head coach down there? There has to be a way to incorporate the Peel boys into training with the young Freo boys in order to built a proper team in the WAFL for us.

Does anyone know where you can view highlights of the WAFL games akin to what the AFL puts out each week? Would love to see some video of the games, but given I work a lot i dont always have the time to watch the WAFL when its on.

Sheridan played a brillian game, and as his buddy I think it is my job to remind everyone of this. I am sure he did not enjoy getting dropped two weeks ago but he worked his arse off the last 1.4 games collection 50+ posessions.

I think he is ready to come back into the main squad to replace Taberner, and hopefully continue this form in the AFL.

Sheridan played a brillian game, and as his buddy I think it is my job to remind everyone of this. I am sure he did not enjoy getting dropped two weeks ago but he worked his arse off the last 1.4 games collection 50+ posessions.

I think he is ready to come back into the main squad to replace Taberner, and hopefully continue this form in the AFL.

Maybe not Tabs but one of Freos in and under or outside players not doing enough.

Think you are right, plenty of options that he could take over from. At the moment, you just have to love a footy player at our club who has handled the disappointment of being dropped or just not selected and done everything in his power footy wise to demand selection. He will be back this week, I hope he has learnt enough to be able to stay in the seniors. He appears to be a Midfielder who can really impact on the scoreboard into the future I reckon.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-04-23/wafl-watch-round-5-mids-and-defenders

...Brady Grey being groomed as a potential tagger?? Me likey! Me likey very much!!! :D ;)
Some good numbers by all of our players, rucks/forwards write up is also exciting. Griffen starting to dominate in the ruck, wont be long before
he is putting real pressure on Clarke. I don't recall a time in our history when so many players are doing well, just need Simpson, Sylvia to
knuckle down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back