Society/Culture Warren Mundine slams AFLW's decision to ban the minute's silence for the Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha, I'm not sure what to say, but you are awesome, I'll give you that!
Facts matter. I know you think the Queen is perfect, but the royal family throughout history have been racist and committed atrocities in India, Argentina, Australia and Kenya plus many others.
At least be honest about that. If you were Indigenous, would you pay respects to the Queen?

Facts matter. I know you think the Queen is perfect, but the royal family throughout history have been racist and committed atrocities in India, Argentina, Australia and Kenya plus many others.
At least be honest about that. If you were Indigenous, would you pay respects to the Queen?
Hell no.

Again, I'd encourage you to read the OP and see what I was actually originally asking.

And it's pretty hard to say how I'd view things if I was indigenous, impossible even.

Again, your ability to find stuff that isn't there is remarkable.

If being a sad, hate filled racist is awesome, i agree. Hates all white people who dont put minorities on a pedestal. Treating people equally and with respect is not enough to such blind racists

I don't know what he is to be honest, I just hope I never end up next to him at a dinner party.

Mundine is a supporter of ridiculously expensive and totally unnecessary nuclear power and lines his pockets with dirty Murdoch money.

From 12 December 2017, Mundine co-hosted a 12-part program on Sky News Live, Mundine Means Business, focusing on successful indigenous Australians in business.[21] A second season debuted on 2 September 2018,[22] supported by a grant totalling $220,000 from the Coalition government, running from 18 June 2018 to 1 August 2019, supporting 15 percent of the season's production expenses.[

Again, I'd encourage you to read the OP and see what I was actually originally asking.

And it's pretty hard to say how I'd view things if I was indigenous, impossible even.

Again, your ability to find stuff that isn't there is remarkable.
I regard Mundine as the same as Angus Fraser, Andrew Bolt and Pauline Hanson so I disregard all the crap he writes.
He's a propped up puppet from sky news and the Liberal party.
He's been arguing against a treaty for years and profiteering from it.
The guy is a sycophantic jerk.
Maybe get a different Indigenous voice for your OP.

I regard Mundine as the same as Angus Fraser, Andrew Bolt and Pauline Hanson so I disregard all the crap he writes.
You desperately need a hobby

Do you mean one that agrees with you? Go and listen to the definitive 90% of indigenous that disagree with him then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people would make the argument that an indigenous voice would have more weight than a white voice on something like this. Unless of course you are Warren Mundine, in that case because his opinion is "wrong" it gets ignored (yes this is hard to follow)
I think it's pretty hard to argue Mundine is ignored considered the prominence of his role in the anti Voice campaign.

I'm not saying ignored, just that white people are happy to say he's wrong, and by some lines of thinking they wouldn't have the right to do so.
I think he is wrong, an Indigenous voice to Parliament will be a good step in reconciliation and my vote has the same weight as his.

Last edited:
Daisy Pearce spoke well on SEN yesterday ,with her backing the no Queen tribute at AFLW games.

That's weak. The anthem, the flag, the name of various grounds, the language, the money, the game itself, are all reminders of colonialism.

That's weak. The anthem, the flag, the name of various grounds, the language, the money, the game itself, are all reminders of colonialism.
You can't expect Indigenous players to be happy paying respects to a women who's regime killed their ancestors.
They don't have to bow down to her if they don't want to.

Well in fairness Gerard Whateley said she was the only one brave to make comments on that issue in the footy media. Not sure if that's true but I don't really recall anyone else saying much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back