We need to *delist* PERRIE asap!

Remove this Banner Ad

dyertribe said:
When sides turn on the jets we struggle to go with them on the scoreboard. We can match them in endeavour, we can match them on possession, we can match them on territory, but we can't go with them where it counts.

West Coast, Melbourne, Bulldogs and the Lions have all done it to us this year - and as a result of our forward line impotence we've lost valuable points off the back of one bad quarter.

If we had one of Pavlich, Hall, Fevola, Tredrea, Brown, Gehrig, Riewoldt or Neitz, we would've won those four.
Couldn't agree with you more.

We are REALLY crying out for a player of the ilk you mentioned. We only really need one and we would be a better side. We are struggling big time in this are.

When 2 of your midfielders kick 5 (Thommo 3 and Roo 2) out of your 8 goals then you know you are in real strife.

jmorg1 said:
Please tell us who the 'many AFC supporters' are besides zajicrow.

BTW, I can't understand why so many Port Power supporters rate Cochrane so highly.

you can name atleast 1 for burton, I couldn't even do that for Cochrane!

Cheers,
oink :D

Also from the Crowtiser :D
Crows' future Tredrea
By ANDREW CAPEL
08mar05

HIS team-mates labelled him "Trent Potential".

And now his coach, Neil Craig, has warmed the hearts of Crows supporters by suggesting Trent Hentschel could be Adelaide's long-term answer to the AFL's premier centre half-forwards - Port Adelaide's Warren Tredrea, St Kilda's Nick Riewoldt and Brisbane's Jonathan Brown.

I'm looking forward to what all the "he provides a contest" people have to say this week. Perrie was atrocious last tonight - embarrassing even. I especially liked how he went back to "help out" the backline, fumbled the ball and Brissie kicked a goal. He is now the complete package, hopeless on the ground, hopeless in the air. As DT has recently said, it's amazing this guy has been on our list for 8 years - why - it's not as though we have been waiting for a Brown or Tredrea to come good. Must go bacl to the sanfl this week although you can guarantee he won't.

Next week my forward line would be:

Watts, Stevens, McLeod/Edwards
Welsh McGregor Thompson

I would move Trent H to CHB, becuase let's concede, he looks totally lost in the forward line.

zajicrow said:
From where you were sitting you could see 360 degrees around him but could he? In the end it was blind, but it went into the forward 50 within seconds to a 1 on 1 contest. If we scored a goal out of it you wouldnt be arguing.

His most disappointing move tonight was the goal attempt in the 3rd quarter. Oh-so close but the wrong decision. Should have passed it to Welshy.

Spot on - that ball did go forward quicker thereby giving our forwards a true one on one contest rather than stuffing around, over possessing the ball with a resultant congestion of our forward lines.

What about that kick from midair on the eastern wing in the third quarter when he wasn't in the contest but yet made an opportunity that saw the ball go forward to Doughty, who subsequently stuffed it up totally yet had no pressure. I would look at that bloke first rather than Burton.

AngelEyes said:
agreed. Can someone please teach Bock how to use his hands and mark, crumb and pick up a ball? Bock has the worst hands in the club. How he was put into the squad when rain was predicted is beside me. Yes I agree he does do some good things; SOMETIMES, his hand disposal however is just pathetic.
Thats his problem in a nutshell - one of the reasons he didn't get drafted y any clubs after U18 was his ball handling.

He has improved a lot as you would expect training with an AFL club, but tonight he regressed to square 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dyertribe said:
When sides turn on the jets we struggle to go with them on the scoreboard. We can match them in endeavour, we can match them on possession, we can match them on territory, but we can't go with them where it counts.

West Coast, Melbourne, Bulldogs and the Lions have all done it to us this year - and as a result of our forward line impotence we've lost valuable points off the back of one bad quarter.

If we had one of Pavlich, Hall, Fevola, Tredrea, Brown, Gehrig, Riewoldt or Neitz, we would've won those four.
Agreed - but we need to trade for high daft picks to get one of these and that means letting a player of quality go - something the AFC are loathe to do.

I would trade a Burton, a Biglands, or McGregor with draft picks to get one.

Look at Hawthorn - it appears they have struck gold with Roughead and Franklin playing good footy in their first year.

But it won't happen :(

SpringChoke said:
I'm looking forward to what all the "he provides a contest" people have to say this week. Perrie was atrocious last tonight - embarrassing even. I especially liked how he went back to "help out" the backline, fumbled the ball and Brissie kicked a goal. He is now the complete package, hopeless on the ground, hopeless in the air. As DT has recently said, it's amazing this guy has been on our list for 8 years - why - it's not as though we have been waiting for a Brown or Tredrea to come good. Must go bacl to the sanfl this week although you can guarantee he won't.

Next week my forward line would be:

Watts, Stevens, McLeod/Edwards
Welsh McGregor Thompson

I would move Trent H to CHB, becuase let's concede, he looks totally lost in the forward line.

In his defense we are criticising him for skill errors with the ball, but at least he touched the bloody ball, more than could be said of Hentschell and Bock.

I guess though if you don't get near the ball you can't get criticised for skill errors ;) :p

Wayne's-World said:
Agreed - but we need to trade for high daft picks to get one of these and that means letting a player of quality go - something the AFC are loathe to do.

I would trade a Burton, a Biglands, or McGregor with draft picks to get one.

Look at Hawthorn - it appears they have struck gold with Roughead and Franklin playing good footy in their first year.

But it won't happen :(

You mean some teams actually play their youngsters before they have played at least 20-50 sanfl/wafl/vfa games - wow, there's a new concept.

maccas_no1 said:
So why did the goal kicking routine and the glove get the flick????
Have no clue - appears to have left with Jars? - who is the goal kicking coach?

But against Melbourne every goal kicking preparation was different - long tun ups, short run ups, no run ups - he had no clue and the results reflected that.

SpringChoke said:
You mean some teams actually play their youngsters before they have played at least 20-50 sanfl/wafl/vfa games - wow, there's a new concept.
Some players are good enough, but Hawthorn's talent cupboard was bare, so no choice had to play their tall timber early.

Their talent though has exceeded probably even Hawthorns expectation ;)

Wayne's-World said:
Have no clue - appears to have left with Jars? - who is the goal kicking coach?

But against Melbourne every goal kicking preparation was different - long tun ups, short run ups, no run ups - he had no clue and the results reflected that.

Most players have a set routine I say Perrie get a routine stick to it and get a glove, especially for night games when the ball can get a dewy, also get some of that sticky spray on your hands ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back