Wearing the Power Ranger outfit in finals

What jumper should we wear in a Perth final v WCE?

• Brown and Gold stripes please

Votes: 125 83.9%
  • Go the Mighty Power Rangers

Votes: 24 16.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to let you all know, even if we do make the GF, and we play the Hawks, and technically we're the higher ranking team, we will NOT wear the tri panel away from Subiaco. Every GF we've ever played in has been in the wings, with away sponsorship, even if we've been the "home" team. We always wear away sponsor on the front of our guernseys interstate, even in the past, before we had a clash jumper, we'd sometimes wear our tri panel as a clash (against North a few times, and the dogs) but it always had the sponsors switched, so never SGIO on the front. Since we've had our clash jumper, we don't do the alternating sponsor thing, and will only wear SGIO at home, Bankwest away. So no matter what happens, any GF will be played in either royal wings, or our clash against Freo or Dogs.

Don't stress, you won't have to wear the PR again this season, no matter what.

You've brought far too much facts and logic to what is a very hysterical and irrational conversation here. Thanks though :)

Hell hold an alternate strip design contest, narrow it down to finalists and let the members vote on it, engage the support base don't alienate it

Fully endorse this idea. But knowing some people's inability to take a couple of colour palette decisions on a guernsey we barely wear and on some polo shirts no-one forced us to buy on the chin after our club gave us 3 premierships 7 years - I don't think even a democratic process would placate everyone.

Fully endorse this idea. But knowing some people's inability to take a couple of colour palette decisions on a guernsey we barely wear and on some polo shirts no-one forced us to buy on the chin after our club gave us 3 premierships 7 years - I don't think even a democratic process would placate everyone.
True club colours and kits are a very emotional thing, even if its voted on a section won't like the result.

But if the idea is for supporters to embrace the design, buy it and wear it proudly like the original they could do worse than get us to vote on which one we as a group prefer.

I also think if they picked a good design and stuck with it so we got used to it as a supporter base there would be less angst about wearing it in finals

True club colours and kits are a very emotional thing, even if its voted on a section won't like the result.

But if the idea is for supporters to embrace the design, buy it and wear it proudly like the original they could do worse than get us to vote on which one we as a group prefer.

I also think if they picked a good design and stuck with it so we got used to it as a supporter base there would be less angst about wearing it in finals

Our clash guernsey is always going to be predominantly white though - so from the get go there will be consternation on that point.

Honestly - the club is at the AFLs whim on this - it's not an easy position to be in. The 'cartoon Hawk' wasn't loved so they went back to the drawing board. There would have been ample market research done by the club and Adidas on the jumper because both parties want it to sell. I guarantee it tested well. Fox has also said it is selling better than expected. I've noticed a few kids around wearing it so maybe it has a bit of youth appeal.

The way people are reacting, particularly towards the club, is just hysterical though. If the club changed our name to the 'Greater Eastern Melbourne Preybirds' and changed our colours to aqua and magenta then I would have been pretty angry myself.

End of the day we have bigger fish to fry with the AFL on equalisation etc. We have to pick our battles - and the club acting as petulant as some of the fans towards the AFL would have achieved naught.

If we win Friday night then all focus will be on our next opponents at the MCG - not what guernsey we wore the night before.

We're back-to-back premiers, we look f***in good in anything!

tumblr_inline_n4i6m05LWC1qb19wj.gif

Should we push hard for an all gold top ?. Adding any white just clashes more with eagles or GWS. Thats the logic

Probably an idea worth pursuing. I also don't see how the 'away' guernsey with white (instead of brown) and gold stripes, brown numbers and white shorts would clash with Adelaide, GWS or West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's as bad as the bogan bird jumper.

I find it staggering the club has the nerve to ask not to wear it.

I'd have no problem if we went with this:

resize

Love that guernsey- however both times we've played in it we played some awfully ugly football. At least we've had two good wins in the power ranger.

Just to let you all know, even if we do make the GF, and we play the Hawks, and technically we're the higher ranking team, we will NOT wear the tri panel away from Subiaco. Every GF we've ever played in has been in the wings, with away sponsorship, even if we've been the "home" team. We always wear away sponsor on the front of our guernseys interstate, even in the past, before we had a clash jumper, we'd sometimes wear our tri panel as a clash (against North a few times, and the dogs) but it always had the sponsors switched, so never SGIO on the front. Since we've had our clash jumper, we don't do the alternating sponsor thing, and will only wear SGIO at home, Bankwest away. So no matter what happens, any GF will be played in either royal wings, or our clash against Freo or Dogs.

Don't stress, you won't have to wear the PR again this season, no matter what.

I'm not too familiar with WC jumpers.

So 'wings' is traditional WC and they aren't wearing that on Friday?? Why not?

I'm not too familiar with WC jumpers.

So 'wings' is traditional WC and they aren't wearing that on Friday?? Why not?

It's not their current home guernsey. The tri-panel has been for a long time in different incarnations. Our West Coadt visitors have been kindly pointing out that despite this being their home guernsey- they've always used the traditional 'wings' guernsey in grand finals when it wasn't their home strip officially.

If the stripes are a no go, why can't we wear our Indigenous guernsey?

Just like Richmond wore theirs randomly against us, we can say that we are wearing it to show support to Adam Goodes... Surely they won't reject us :D

View attachment 171496
I like the idea. More "believable" would be we're wearing it in support of Buddy.

It's as bad as the bogan bird jumper.

I find it staggering the club has the nerve to ask not to wear it.

I'd have no problem if we went with this:

resize

If its possible to make a gold version as aesthetically pleasing, it could be used in a situation such as friday

If its possible to make a gold version as aesthetically pleasing, it could be used in a situation such as friday

How about the mustard pot jumper (gold with brown "V") that was used for only one season (1933?) as a clash/alternate strip? If it's ok for Richmond to wear yellow with black sash as their alternate jumper...

Back