Wearing the Power Ranger outfit in finals

What jumper should we wear in a Perth final v WCE?

• Brown and Gold stripes please

Votes: 125 83.9%
  • Go the Mighty Power Rangers

Votes: 24 16.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What a disgrace HFC.
For the first time in 40+ years supporting my club, I am genuinely disappointed in them.
Aren't you lucky that is the biggest disappointment?
Just imagine if you were a tigers or bombers supporter.. ;)

There's probably been a fair few designs mocked up since you guys implemented the power ranger, but would you accept something like this. Done extremely quickly in paint, not exactly a stunning mockup but surely this would be a more acceptable clash.
Hawthorn-PS-2004.gif.png

Based on this pre-season jumper:
Hawthorn-PS-2004.gif

Obviously not the greatest shade of yellow, put that down to the MS paint, but Adelaide have had a yellow clash approved for 2016. Your clash doesn't have to be white, and one of the Hawks colours is one of the acceptable clash colours. Couldn't a predominantly yellow jumper work? If the 'V' is a sticking point, how about an all yellow jumper with two brown panels along the side, still meets clash criteria.

There's probably been a fair few designs mocked up since you guys implemented the power ranger, but would you accept something like this. Done extremely quickly in paint, not exactly a stunning mockup but surely this would be a more acceptable clash.
Hawthorn-PS-2004.gif.png

Hawthorn-PS-2004.gif

Obviously not the greatest shade of yellow, put that down to the MS paint, but Adelaide have had a yellow clash approved for 2016. Your clash doesn't have to be white, and one of the Hawks colours is one of the acceptable clash colours. Couldn't a predominantly yellow jumper work? If the 'V' is a sticking point, how about an all yellow jumper with two brown panels along the side, still meets clash criteria.

Would we accept it? Seriously I gotta laugh..we now have West Coast supporters designing our jumpers for us...

...Thanks for your time on this...No really thanks again..If it's ok with you...I think we'll stick with the power rangers jumper and beat you again in them.

Aren't you lucky that is the biggest disappointment?
Just imagine if you were a tigers or bombers supporter.. ;)

I know. First world problems right?
I am just becoming a cranky old man.:D

It's freaking GOLD dude.

Hawthorn-PS-2004.gif.png

Hawthorn-PS-2004.gif

I think the issue is that the AFL require a predominantly white jumper.
Apparently it makes for better TV viewing as the teams are more easily distinguished.
That's the propaganda that comes out of AFL house anyway.

Would we accept it? Seriously I gotta laugh..we now have West Coast supporters designing our jumpers for us...

...Thanks for your time on this...No really thanks again..If it's ok with you...I think we'll stick with the power rangers jumper and beat you again in them.
Wasn't trying to be a dick, most on our board hate two of our jumpers so I know how it feels to not be a massive fan of a jumper.

Was saying as a fan base if the club offered you a similar design or the current clash design in a poll, would you go for a predominantly gold even if it didn't have the stripes?

I think the issue is that the AFL require a predominantly white jumper.
Apparently it makes for better TV viewing as the teams are more easily distinguished.
That's the propaganda that comes out of AFL house anyway.
They approved Adelaide's yellow clash, although I think they've also put in a white away jumper so they've got the options. Is there any white design that anyone has put forward that you guys liked? I can't really think of how you'd include the key features of a Hawks jumper on a base white jumper.

Wasn't trying to be a dick, most on our board hate two of our jumpers so I know how it feels to not be a massive fan of a jumper.

Was saying as a fan base if the club offered you a similar design or the current clash design in a poll, would you go for a predominantly gold even if it didn't have the stripes?
dw honey, some posters need to learn to play nice

They approved Adelaide's yellow clash, although I think they've also put in a white away jumper so they've got the options. Is there any white design that anyone has put forward that you guys liked? I can't really think of how you'd include the key features of a Hawks jumper on a base white jumper.

We had this one from a few years ago which was OK.
But the club wants different each year so they can sell more jumpers.

201832_ADIDAS_2013_CLASH_GIBSON_1.jpeg

We had this one from a few years ago which was OK.
But the club wants different each year so they can sell more jumpers.

View attachment 171718
Always liked the hawk head more than that but yeah, it's all become very EPL with clubs wanting new jumper cash every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..no worries dude..all good..was just having some fun...our disco strip I call it.. is also fun...but I do hope we change it next year!!

So long as we don't go down the path of the NRL where most teams entire jersey range are eyesores. The worst of them are the Marvel superhero jerseys. Last year my team's highest selling jersey last year was the Hulk one we wore in 'superhero round'. Sadly not the lowest point in being a fan of the Raiders.

IF we lose on Friday, then win our Semi, win the prelim and face West Coast in the Grand Final...

Will we have to wear it again? Imagine if we won, I'd erase all the photos and evidence of us wearing that Sigfried and Roy outfit from history

IF we lose on Friday, then win our Semi, win the prelim and face West Coast in the Grand Final...

Will we have to wear it again? Imagine if we won, I'd erase all the photos and evidence of us wearing that Sigfried and Roy outfit from history

As about 4 West Coast folks have politely informed us - probably not. They always wear their predominantly blue traditional 'wings' jumper in a grand final. So it shouldn't be an issue.

Hawthorn-PS-2004.gif.png

Hawthorn-PS-2004.gif

This guy is like the nicest oppo supporter on big footy..... and awesome alias as well

'Honey badger don't give a s**t'

I know. First world problems right?
I am just becoming a cranky old man.:D

You think you have problems.
I try to wear something different to every Hawthorn final, and I've run out of clothes.

Damn you, Hawthorn, for forcing me to go back to Big W for new clothes again!

Back