Toast Welcome Jed Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

So as one loyal soldier leaves, another takes his place. Welcome to Hawthorn, Jed Anderson.

Amazed we got our hands on him for the outlay.

Make no mistake people, this is a seriously good deal on paper.

Very, very happy with our work here.

So we managed to get this kid by swapping Gilham for Spanger, and a few trivial pick downgrades. If he's really worth a top 20 pick like many are saying, then this is some amazing final day trading by the club. Thrilled to get a really talented 18 year old come to the club. It's good to think that we still have a steady stream of young players coming to the club, despite the steady stream of older players we've also got going on. With the likes of Anderson this year and Heatherly next year, the club seem to be well positioned to stay near the top in the short term without having to drop down too far in the medium term.

Very happy with this. :):thumbsu:

I read that he was rated as good as a pick in the teens. This news has suddenly turned this trade period into a huge WIN for us.

Sure hope the kid can live up to the hype... but he cost us very little and I am VERY happy to have him.

:):D:thumbsu:

Jed's acquisition has turned this trade period into a big plus for Hawthorn, despite the AFL's efforts to thwart our player management with free agency. He and Lake will hopefully prove to be massive success stories for the Hawks, and if all goes well, Kilkenny will come in and really kill it. It being kenny (you bastards!). :D

I know a couple of fellas who follow territory footy and claim to have the inside word on many things. They are colossal bullshit artists in real life though so hard to know if they are fair dinkum.

They are very big on this kid and also reckoned Hawthorn was well and truly into him from a while back. Also he had a preference to come to our club. The raps on Anderson are pretty large apparently.

Again this is unreliable third hand info, I've never clapped eyes on him myself.

Amazing trade period for us. We have basically gotten Lake, Spangher and Anderson for a second round pick and downgrades of around 5-10 for our other picks.

I posted this elsewhere - but I'm genuinely excited to get this young man. Graham Wright with your negotiating skills, I believe you could to talk me into changing teams and cross to the dark side - not that there is anything wrong with that - and by crossing to the dark side I don't mean Essendon. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back