Toast Welcome Lewis Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

That is an awesome article. You can really tell he has now settled back in to Perth and in to our team by comparing it with his other interview only a few weeks ago. I for one am really excited to see what he can do in 2016. I really hope the WC fans and the community get behind him because I think he will soar in Eagles colours if we do.

There is also an article on AFL.com.au: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-02/lewis-jetta-hopes-for-eagle-embrace-after-war-dance

I also hope there are no idiot fans holding a grudge over the war dance. He was sticking up for a mate, and irrespective of people's opinions on the issue, he should be applauded for doing so in our country. I'm sure when he is tearing it up around the Subiaco wing any memory he even played for Sydney will quickly fade :) Excited (tick).

Very excited to see how he slots into our team and I'll be cheering hard for Lewis come round 1.

Look at what Simmo got out of Sharrod and Shep last year - hoping to see a career best season from Jetts in 2016.

Stoked to have this guy on the team. From his interviews he seems very grounded and is really happy to be home. Without wanting to sound disrespectful it also looks like he's tidied his appearance since being home too :p

I also hope there are no idiot fans holding a grudge over the war dance. He was sticking up for a mate, and irrespective of people's opinions on the issue, he should be applauded for doing so in our country. I'm sure when he is tearing it up around the Subiaco wing any memory he even played for Sydney will quickly fade :) Excited (tick).

Question: Jetta was a lazy and selfish footballer who performed dreadfully in Sydney's final games. If he continues this form at WCE and a supporter decides not to worship the ground that Jetta walks on - will he be labelled a racist?

Question: Jetta was a lazy and selfish footballer who performed dreadfully in Sydney's final games. If he continues this form at WCE and a supporter decides not to worship the ground that Jetta walks on - will he be labelled a racist?
I'd be pretty disgusted if any player was booed by their own supporters even if their form was terrible. IMO once the players are on the ground the supporters should support them. As for this continuing analysis of Jetta's poor form over recent seasons, apart from not scoring 45 goals like he did in 2012, statistically he has actually improved every year. His stats certainly don't infer your "selfish and lazy" assessment.

It is this same type of crazy analysis that has some saying Priddis is a spud. Anyone that has actually played football knows that most of the hard work in winning a game isn't what appears on the highlight reel. We know Jetta can win a game off his boot - that prospect alone is exciting enough. But even if he just plays a role for us he will make an impact through our midfield with his elite run and carry, and disposal and be well worth the trade we made imo.

I'd be pretty disgusted if any player was booed by their own supporters even if their form was terrible. IMO once the players are on the ground the supporters should support them. As for this continuing analysis of Jetta's poor form over recent seasons, apart from not scoring 45 goals like he did in 2012, statistically he has actually improved every year. His stats certainly don't infer your "selfish and lazy" assessment.

It is this same type of crazy analysis that has some saying Priddis is a spud. Anyone that has actually played football knows that most of the hard work in winning a game isn't what appears on the highlight reel. We know Jetta can win a game off his boot - that prospect alone is exciting enough. But even if he just plays a role for us he will make an impact through our midfield with his elite run and carry, and disposal and be well worth the trade we made imo.

Anyone that has been on this board for a few months will realise how quickly the posters turn against someone. Almost every player on the list has been the victim at some stage.

It doesn't seem to matter if it is rational or not - Priddis won a brownlow in the year that he was the whipping boy.

Selwood was copping it last season, as was Naitanui 2 seasons ago.

BigFooty is hardly representative of the footballing community but it does give a snapshot and insight into the opinions of the average Homer Simpson supporter sitting on their couch watching the Eagles play on a Sunday afternoon.

Anyone that has been on this board for a few months will realise how quickly the posters turn against someone. Almost every player on the list has been the victim at some stage.

It doesn't seem to matter if it is rational or not - Priddis won a brownlow in the year that he was the whipping boy.

BigFooty is hardly representative of the footballing community but it does give a snapshot and insight into the opinions of the average Homer Simpson supporter sitting on their couch watching the Eagles play on a Sunday afternoon.
maxresdefault.jpg

I do understand the point Pat is making. Our board can be pretty quick to jump on a player if they aren't playing well and if jetta puts in the s**t effort I saw in Sydney's finals games in 2016 then no doubt he'll be lambasted on here like so many of our players are.

We abuse our players equally though so I doubt there will be any accusations of it being racial

Heaven help jetta if his hair gets in his eyes though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a huge difference between talking s**t about a player on BigFooty and actually booing them at a game imo. Like the majority of us dislike McGinnity as a player but it's not like he gets booed by wc supporters.
Yep. It's like with Tom Swift. We didn't actively boo him, we just cheered louder when his replacement came on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sydney fans DO boo him, to be fair he didn't exactly fire a shot on his way out the door to come back here.

Never been a fan of the treatment that Swiftsa got. Even watching him in the WAFL there was jeering and hooting every time he touched the ball.

Used to really piss me off.

Yeah I never understood the hate Swift got, pissed me off as well. Honestly think he would have stuck around and become a pretty good player if he didn't cop so much.

Do you understand the Priddis or the Selwood hate? Does it piss you off as much as the Swift hate?

Because they are exactly the same - all irrational.

So who here thinks Jetta will play Rnd 1 or will he have to force his way in?

Will definitely play round one, Looking at the Grand Final team I'm instantly removing Hutchings from the 22 and slotting Jetta either at half forward or wing, who knows how rotations will work this year with the lowered subs but the guys move around everywhere these days a set position other than the full back and full forward line is pretty much useless. Have the man roam!

Yeah I never understood the hate Swift got, pissed me off as well. Honestly think he would have stuck around and become a pretty good player if he didn't cop so much.
When you team a s**t haircut with poor footballing performances its a recipe for extra hate from the masses.

Do you understand the Priddis or the Selwood hate? Does it piss you off as much as the Swift hate?

Because they are exactly the same - all irrational.
Because you would never criticise an eagles player would you pat

You enjoy watching him fix his hair the whole game? He desperately needs to invest in plugs or shave that doll hair off. Nobody would care but it's affecting his game.

Shuey has been shite for a few years now

The problem with hiring your friends is, you can't get rid of them. Pratt and Rawlings are here to stay... for as long as they want. You can't fire your friends. Simpson lost a lot of respect the moment he did that.

Had Worsfold been coaching, WC may well have been aiming for a flag next year. Phil Walsh, Burns and Worsfold have all left. Your faith in a completely inexperienced coaching team is remarkable. This current coaching regime is one of the worst in the leagues. No wonder the team looks hopeless despite having stars in the back and forward line.

Hutchings has to go. He is awful. No scope for improvement at all. There's nothing to work on.

What annoyed me most about Simpson was how he came in and started playing the "it's my first day" card. Letting everyone know that he wanted the job for years and years, saying that he expected to be a poor coach initially. Are supporters just supposed to accept that a change of coach delivers a rebuild and mediocrity?

That mind set immediately let everyone know he's not confident about the position and was made head coach before he's ready.

He's still playing that card every loss.
He says over and over - "It's good we're losing as we are learning about our players and their abilities".

He has one more year to turn it around and his comments and press conferences start irritating people. He hasn't come to a crappy Melbourne club on it's knees. He took on one of the most desirable jobs in the country.

Hill is not the reason WCE are dominating. Put that down to the midfield dominance. Hill is a front runner. How this board does not recognise that, bewilders me.

McInnes has not done anything note worthy at all. He is dreadful. He's out as soon as Darling comes back in and then will be de-listed at the end of the year.

He's not up to AFL. Just because he has a youthful smile, looks like he would shed a bucket of tears if he was de-listed and has family ties to the club -are not reasons to keep him on the list.

Finally drop McInnes. This fatty should be in the WAFL for good now. He is useless.

He was just the player that Bulldogs left to do whatever he wanted. he is a spud of the highest order. If WCE are carrying Hutchings into the finals - they are in trouble. Even simple goals seem to be a stretch for Hutchings.

west_coast.png

Pat_Footy
Aug 1, 2015Hutchings lost the game for WCE. Such a spud.

Priddis also won a brownlow in a year where a huge number of his posessions were quite frankly, s**t.

To his credit he worked hard on this flaw in his game - to the point where most of his detractors are happy with his game.

Ball butchers will always cop flack - and rightly so.
I

It is this same type of crazy analysis that has some saying Priddis is a spud. Anyone that has actually played football knows that most of the hard work in winning a game isn't what appears on the highlight reel. .

Anyone who has played footy also knows how demoralising it is when you are on a roll and someone turns it over to the opposition under no pressure and they score a goal - and to do it twice in the first few minutes of an opening quarter...... And to continually do it throughout the year.....

Two can play the anyone whos played footy game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back