Toast Welcome Lewis Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we at least have Jetta pick up the slowest Carlton back when we play the Blues, so that we can get the same LOL's that the Bbaggers supporters got when Adam Selwood chased Yarran towards goal.

They say he/she and/or the transgender which laughs last, laughs the most!

Can we at least have Jetta pick up the slowest Carlton back when we play the Blues, so that we can get the same LOL's that the Bbaggers supporters got when Adam Selwood chased Yarran towards goal.

They say he/she and/or the transgender which laughs last, laughs the most!
I think it was at that moment I knew we had to move on from Woosha.

To be honest i keep forgetting we've even added Jetta to the team.

It's a pretty decent cherry when you look at it in the grand scheme of things. Don't rely on him, do the grunt work for him and he should excel with us.
Plenty of grunt with us now and with ever consistent gaffy on the other wing i imagine there would be less pressure on him on the opposite wing

I just want Jetta to find his 2012 form then things will get really exciting.

Jetta is talking the talk lets just hope he can walk the walk.

To add the final polish on a team Jetta is just that. We have plenty of grunt on all lines, dominant rucks, good KP backs and forwards, solid mids with some class accumulators. Plenty for the opposition to worry about before they start worrying about Jetta.

Saw that pic of Duggan from this week and gee he looks fit, stripped away that puppy fat and looks like he's up for a good second year as an outside mid / HFFer.

To be honest i keep forgetting we've even added Jetta to the team.

It's a pretty decent cherry when you look at it in the grand scheme of things. Don't rely on him, do the grunt work for him and he should excel with us.
Going to make a big difference to our dynamic IMO. Will be good for Gaff too as they might tag him less now.

I think jetta will be a huge pick up for you guys.

He's entering the prime of his career and has developed some of the weaker elements of his game over the last few years.

2012 was his break out year, where he caught the league off guard. 2013 was a down year due to injuries and opposition putting more time into negating his influence.

Moved from a run and carry game to a kicking game and spent 2014-15 adjusting his game. It was frustrating at times as a supporter because his speed was such a huge weapon it was disappointing to see him not use it to full effect.

The flip side was that his kicking game is just as effective as his run and carry. He has 2 really strong weapons that, if he is able to master, will keep the opposition guessing.

In 2015, he really matured as a player, and showed he was ready to take that next step and become an integral part of the team, rather than just the icing on the cake.

But for some reason, it just didn't come to fruition. I felt somewhat disappointed with his output in 2015 and that he never quite put it all together and only showed glimpses of what he was really capable of. But looking back on the season, and his body language, I believe the decision to head back home was made prior to, or early in the season, and as a result, he just never had that drive to give everything. It was just that 5% below what he could have given that would have had a major impact on his performances.

I think jetts is ready to explode, he's developed an all round attacking game, he's a mature player now entering the prime of his career. he's back home, which means he has the support to be able to focus on his footy. He's joined a new team and will be eager to prove himself and earn the respect of his team mates. You have a great team around him that will do the tough stuff and set the platform for him to shine and utilise his strengths.

I think it's a huge signing, and we may see him match or even surpass his 2012 form. I'll be watching with great interest (and some disappointment that he's no longer in the red & white).

I think jetta will be a huge pick up for you guys.

He's entering the prime of his career and has developed some of the weaker elements of his game over the last few years.

2012 was his break out year, where he caught the league off guard. 2013 was a down year due to injuries and opposition putting more time into negating his influence.

Moved from a run and carry game to a kicking game and spent 2014-15 adjusting his game. It was frustrating at times as a supporter because his speed was such a huge weapon it was disappointing to see him not use it to full effect.

The flip side was that his kicking game is just as effective as his run and carry. He has 2 really strong weapons that, if he is able to master, will keep the opposition guessing.

In 2015, he really matured as a player, and showed he was ready to take that next step and become an integral part of the team, rather than just the icing on the cake.

But for some reason, it just didn't come to fruition. I felt somewhat disappointed with his output in 2015 and that he never quite put it all together and only showed glimpses of what he was really capable of. But looking back on the season, and his body language, I believe the decision to head back home was made prior to, or early in the season, and as a result, he just never had that drive to give everything. It was just that 5% below what he could have given that would have had a major impact on his performances.

I think jetts is ready to explode, he's developed an all round attacking game, he's a mature player now entering the prime of his career. he's back home, which means he has the support to be able to focus on his footy. He's joined a new team and will be eager to prove himself and earn the respect of his team mates. You have a great team around him that will do the tough stuff and set the platform for him to shine and utilise his strengths.

I think it's a huge signing, and we may see him match or even surpass his 2012 form. I'll be watching with great interest (and some disappointment that he's no longer in the red & white).
Completely agree. Reckon Sydney are going to do pretty well again this season as well. Let's hope one of our teams can beat the Hawks in 2016 :) I'd be happy with another West Coast vs Sydney GF - they are the two best in recent history.

Jetts is the best kick in the game. The major battle you will have with him , is keeping him focused for an entire game. Gets very lazy mentally at times. On kick ins he is prone to lean back on his kicks and pop them up 20m if he cant be bothered. Will also drift in and out and generally appear disinterested.

Get him motivated for an entire game and you will have an extremely dangerous weapon. When he is ON he is an absolute pleasure to watch.

Good luck in 2016

Jetts is the best kick in the game. The major battle you will have with him , is keeping him focused for an entire game. Gets very lazy mentally at times. On kick ins he is prone to lean back on his kicks and pop them up 20m if he cant be bothered. Will also drift in and out and generally appear disinterested.

Get him motivated for an entire game and you will have an extremely dangerous weapon. When he is ON he is an absolute pleasure to watch.

Good luck in 2016

He'll be right with us mate .... we have Hill in our side for him to look to for an example of consistency and full 100% concentration!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck in 2016

hope he's got it together because he was very disappointing in 2015. at his best though, totally damaging. very glad to have him for the price we paid. (sinclair will give everything and go well for you blokes as well. i think he's probably peaked but he's certainly capable enough on his day.)

with a bit of tough love simpson has got some consistent quality footy out of wellingham (and others you could argue - shep, hill...)
i'm not expecting jetta to blitz it from day one but i think he'll do enough to hold a spot in the 22 every week and should enjoy the sort of footy we're playing.

wouldn't hurt if he could take some heat off gaff, hurn etc either.

Plenty of grunt with us now and with ever consistent gaffy on the other wing i imagine there would be less pressure on him on the opposite wing

I think we use Gaff's wing to work the ball forward wide using a structured set up along the boundary. Every game you see Gaffy running almost on the line working the ball forward by hand and foot with support from other mids and the KP forward leading on that side giving him and others options.

Jetta on the other wing is our 'sling shot' attacking winger. Where we can get behind the defense and we need him or Cripps to put on the afterburners and out run the defense.

A nice balanced set of wingers. A classy runner who doesn't stop running and uses it well and then the other side who can out sprint anyone.:thumbsu:

As Bruce would say "Delicious!!!" :D

Still think you guys will come out on top. Sinclair is a decent player and good for team structure.. jetta (at his best) is a game changer

We all hope you are correct.

Lycett if he can stay fit can cover the loss of Sinclair, possibly become an upgrade. Come finals McGovern could play 2nd ruck / 3rd forward which is what I would support doing. Sure don't have McGovern play 2nd ruck all year let Lycett take on the grunt work but come finals we play McGovern up forward and on the ball more. Means we can play other runner / goal kicking mid.

We needed more class in the midfield. Pace and goal kicking so Jetta at his best certainly adds that. I'm just hoping that playing at home in front of family / friends at the club he supported as a kid gives him that spark to get back to his 2012 best.:thumbsu:

Lycett if he can stay fit can cover the loss of Sinclair, possibly become an upgrade. Come finals McGovern could play 2nd ruck / 3rd forward which is what I would support doing. Sure don't have McGovern play 2nd ruck all year let Lycett take on the grunt work but come finals we play McGovern up forward and on the ball more. Means we can play other runner / goal kicking mid.

We needed more class in the midfield. Pace and goal kicking so Jetta at his best certainly adds that. I'm just hoping that playing at home in front of family / friends at the club he supported as a kid gives him that spark to get back to his 2012 best.:thumbsu:
If Lycett proves that his a capable forward aswell, then theres no point dropping him as he has the potential to boot 25-35 goals. Im still a firm believer that Gov should remain in defence.

If Lycett proves that his a capable forward aswell, then theres no point dropping him as he has the potential to boot 25-35 goals. Im still a firm believer that Gov should remain in defence.

That really comes down to how MacKenzie and to a lessor extent Brown return from injury. Also how do we set up our back line, three tall's or two. For years I've said our defense was too tall and lacked mobility / run. It was a blessing in disguise losing two tall's as it resulted in a more agile and skillful back six.

The reduced cap on interchanges is also a factor. KP players can't really rotate through the midfield, there are exceptions to that rule but they are rare. We do have Darling and Lamb who could do that potentially.

I can see Lycett and at time Giles carry the load through the season in the second ruck / forward role but McGovern will pinch hit now and again. We don't want Gov turned to mince meat playing second ruck every week. But come finals if MacKenzie and Brown are fit and in form the back line isn't the best role for McGovern. We need him either setting up or kicking goals IMO.

Don't forget giles

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

My dream scenario: Hurn gets the ball at half-back, looks up just as Gaff streams off down one wing and Jetta races off down the other.... choices, choices for the most penetrating boot in the game.

That really comes down to how MacKenzie and to a lessor extent Brown return from injury. Also how do we set up our back line, three tall's or two. For years I've said our defense was too tall and lacked mobility / run. It was a blessing in disguise losing two tall's as it resulted in a more agile and skillful back six.

The reduced cap on interchanges is also a factor. KP players can't really rotate through the midfield, there are exceptions to that rule but they are rare. We do have Darling and Lamb who could do that potentially.

I can see Lycett and at time Giles carry the load through the season in the second ruck / forward role but McGovern will pinch hit now and again. We don't want Gov turned to mince meat playing second ruck every week. But come finals if MacKenzie and Brown are fit and in form the back line isn't the best role for McGovern. We need him either setting up or kicking goals IMO.

At this stage i cant see brown in the best 22 and it looks like we can have 3 talls in gov, emac and schoey in the backline. Schoey will play a huge role next season for us as he will probably not only line up on the hulks but he will most likely be assigned to mid size players and small forwards but he will also given instructions to rebound from defence. Mackenzie has also slimmed down a bit to proably cater for the new rules. He might lose a bit of strength (tho he has always been deceptively strong for his size) but with team defence it might not be too bad. Gov has also looked to have lost a lot of his puppy fat and is looking more like an athlete than a country footballer. Having 3 fit key defenders could probably mean lycett stays in the best 22 even for finals (if he performs). Also Lycett is extremely fit and probably cover the ground as well as nic nat.

In the past we have had Emac, Glass, Brown and schoey in defence or Emac, Brown, Schoey, Gov. I agree that 4 KPD's is too tall for us.

At this stage i cant see brown in the best 22 and it looks like we can have 3 talls in gov, emac and schoey in the backline. Schoey will play a huge role next season for us as he will probably not only line up on the hulks but he will most likely be assigned to mid size players and small forwards but he will also given instructions to rebound from defence. Mackenzie has also slimmed down a bit to proably cater for the new rules. He might lose a bit of strength (tho he has always been deceptively strong for his size) but with team defence it might not be too bad. Gov has also looked to have lost a lot of his puppy fat and is looking more like an athlete than a country footballer. Having 3 fit key defenders could probably mean lycett stays in the best 22 even for finals (if he performs). Also Lycett is extremely fit and probably cover the ground as well as nic nat.

In the past we have had Emac, Glass, Brown and schoey in defence or Emac, Brown, Schoey, Gov. I agree that 4 KPD's is too tall for us.

Regarding Schofield the role you described playing on smalls and rebounding was what his role was two seasons ago. Over the 2015 preseason he noticeably bulked up especially around the hips so he could play on the bigger / stronger forwards and damn lucky for us he did. Prior to this Schofield was tall but lean and had really good running / rebounding ability. So unless the club has done a complete 180 and he's slimmed down be careful in thinking he is as well suited to that third rebounding tall role he did so well two + seasons ago.

That's not to say we won't play three tall's down back I just hope we don't. McGovern is a serious A grade swing man and provides us with fantastic flexibility during a game. We can play MacKenzie and Schofield down back with four mobile medium defenders and McGovern forward but use him back if we need to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back