List Mgmt. Welcome Liam Duggan Pick 11 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

seems like West Coast did really well. Duggan, Lamb, Cavka and Nelson. Absolutely hated being one pick after them, i knew they were gonna steal Duggan!!

Other supporters coveting our players makes said player more attractive, similar how if other guys try to hit on your missus, it makes you want her even more.

From the way everyone was talking I expected him to be noticeably slow & he certainly doesn't look it. Does look as though he is very quick to pick out the right option & has the skills to execute.

Hacksaw is solid.

I'm running with Jim, will slide my way Jimbo by NAB cup. That will give us Jimbo and Nelson. Just need to find a Kearney somewhere #WestCoastBullies

Strikes me as someone prepared to knuckledown. Hopefully his physical development is good enough to see him succeed

Fair dinkum I knew we'd take this bloke, just as I was about to pull into my mate's place to watch the coverage a white Holden with the numberplates 'VANILA' drove past me. Just knew. Having said that, he seems to have a nice kick and is a 'fine young man'. We'll see how he goes, just concerned about leg speed with the likes of Sheed and Waterman already pencilled in for our future midfield...

He's not vanilla as he has quite a few elite skills that most of our midfield doesn't have.

Not an x factor type player though but that's ok.

He's not vanilla as he has quite a few elite skills that most of our midfield doesn't have.

Not an x factor type player though but that's ok.

According to this board every player who is slower than Jetta is a plodder.

And the term vanilla is used to describe any West Coast player who isn't quick.
Don't worry about technique, leadership skills or footy smarts, they mean nothing, it's all about pace!

Don't worry about technique, leadership skills or footy smarts, they mean nothing, it's all about pace!

You know I'm all about dat pace, bout dat pace.....

Last edited:

Not so much that, its Duggan is very similar to Sheed and Waterman.

Man we stacked up on left footers this draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sucked it up last year with Sheed. I'm sick of sucking it up.

I've never once said he's a bad player, and he was my third preference after Laverde and Cockatoo. AFTER Laverde.

Like several others have said, he'd be a good fit in another team, a team which doesn't already consist of small, slow, uncreative midfielders. I don't think he's the fit for us, but i'll be hoping he comes good regardless. Obviously.
But he is creative??????? Doesn't look slow either.

Well spoken young man, no doubt a quality character. Welcome. Probably reminds Simmo of young Xavier Ellis.

now onto important stuff. Liam = maiL backwards. "The Mail Man".

Or "Hacksaw Jim"...

Not so much that, its Duggan is very similar to Sheed and Waterman.

Man we stacked up on left footers this draft
He and Waterman are not similar. Waterman is a contested beast. Glued to the earth, runs and kicks in straight lines.

Duggan runs it more, likes to chase, good intercept and neater skills. Reminds me a little of Dal with a contested side, or Birchal if he was better around the stoppage

Sure, but with Sheed and Waterman etc. aren't we well stocked for that type of player?
Exactly thats a great midfield trio. Throw in Yeo the athletic freak who will be peaking when these guys rise. Shuey will be slightly older but fast ball movement is quicker than fast runners. I assume the players will be doing sprint training to help increase their speed.

Exactly thats a great midfield trio. Throw in Yeo the athletic freak who will be peaking when these guys rise. Shuey will be slightly older but fast ball movement is quicker than fast runners. I assume the players will be doing sprint training to help increase their speed.
Mmm we'll see. I do like Duggan as an individual player and I think he'll carve out a great career for himself, I'm just disappointed that we didn't snare somebody who may have fit our needs more.

Mmm we'll see. I do like Duggan as an individual player and I think he'll carve out a great career for himself, I'm just disappointed that we didn't snare somebody who may have fit our needs more.
A player who can play footy, no one needs one of them. :drunk:

Where did I say that?
Referring to the comment about snaring someone fitting our needs more. Seen more than a few comments like it, so not just aimed at you.

A player who can play footy, no one needs one of them. :drunk:

Just something 'different' would have been nice. Yeo looked like an Alien dominating in our small, slow, boring midfield this year. He stood out that much. Weller and Laverde could both have added things we are completely lacking. Duggan comes in as the safest bet of the draft and what we already have.

I'm just hoping they give Lambshanks a chance to develop into a midfield role, rather then just lump somewhere to fill a need beacuse he's 193cm's. He IS something completely different, and i like that.

Referring to the comment about snaring someone fitting our needs more. Seen more than a few comments like it, so not just aimed at you.
What do you think about Lamb, swannies?

Also, that Boekhurst, eh! 19 was a surprise.

The only real question mark for mine is whether his poise and skills hold up at AFL level.

If they do, we have a very solid prospect. If they don't, well he'll be a back flanker forever.
So a HBF doesn't need poise & skill? Im pretty sure theres always a question mark over drafting a 17yo whether his poise and skills will hold up at AFL level but whats the alternative?
Have a quiet think about things..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back