Welcome Welcome Liam Reidy!!! - Pick 13 In the 2022 Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I like this pick too, it just makes the Knobel pick even more baffling to me though

This is the bloke we can develop over the next couple of years! he is still young at 22 for a ruck
Makes sense if you just watched Geelong totally control the midfield and forward line..
WC did the same to Grundy in 2018, without their best ruck.
Then you look at the safety net like a Meek and what they are worth down
the track as a trade.
Plus what will Darcy, etc command, be offered by other clubs?
Logue is the perfect example.
Our KP’s are going to get targeted, they take longer to develop and always
in demand.

Makes sense if you just watched Geelong totally control the midfield and forward line..
WC did the same to Grundy in 2018, without their best ruck.
Then you look at the safety net like a Meek and what they are worth down
the track as a trade.
Plus what will Darcy, etc command, be offered by other clubs?
Logue is the perfect example.
Our KP’s are going to get targeted, they take longer to develop and always
in demand.
I feel like your arguments there are for having not good rucks though?

So why are we drafting more of them in that case

The Meek one, we put 4 years in him and got nothing back, will likely be the same with knobel

I feel like your arguments there are for having not good rucks though?

So why are we drafting more of them in that case

The Meek one, we put 4 years in him and got nothing back, will likely be the same with knobel
I wonder if the club considered Hamish Free from Souths. Really loved the way he went about it and think he has a high ceiling.

I wonder if the club considered Hamish Free from Souths. Really loved the way he went about it and think he has a high ceiling.
Feel like high ceiling is extremely generous (apologies to the Souths fans in here). His ceiling looks like a handy depth ruck to use if needed.

Feel like high ceiling is extremely generous (apologies to the Souths fans in here). His ceiling looks like a handy depth ruck to use if needed.
Your right but there was definitely room for improvement. Meek was the best in the comp and Free matched if not beat him when they played against each other.

Your right but there was definitely room for improvement. Meek was the best in the comp and Free matched if not beat him when they played against each other.
In the ruck that day yes , but Meek is way better around the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back