Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually got the impression Broomhead was always in our sights, Hine mentioned on SEN that they had a tall marking player in mind(O'Brien or White?)for our pick 20, but with Grundy sliding it changed our selections. Suspect we would have taken either with our pick 38 had they been available.

Love the fact that a kid with an underdeveloped body is holding his own with men in the SANFL. Looks like we are making sure we recruit players who can use the ball well.

Love the fact that a kid with an underdeveloped body is holding his own with men in the SANFL. Looks like we are making sure we recruit players who can use the ball well.
Yes 10 games in the SANFL against fully developed men is not to be sneezed at and shows he has bit of ticker and it also shows that they have not been able to catch up with him yet;) so he does have a bit of awareness of who is around him.

After watching this kids highlight reel I'm even more pumped looks an absolute gem, great speed and great kicking also looks to have a bit of mongrel/strength despite his slim build. :thumbsu:

PS Buckley's mandate of good kicks is fricken marvelous!

I absolutely love Broomhead's highlights reel. Looks to be a fantastic decision maker with very good skills. Has speed and uses it, and very adept at winning his own ball. Moves the ball quickly too. Loved the part at 0:30 where he picks up a loose ball, shrugs off jake stringer who is 20kg heavier than he is, side steps, then fends off another player and gets a clean handball to a teammate before being tackled. Moments like that scream class. The first player that popped into my head was Trent Cotchin. Very excited about Broomhead, it seems more so than most posters here. I'm willing to call it, he'll be a gun. Anyone feel free to bookmark it and give me stick if i turn out to be wrong.

I absolutely love Broomhead's highlights reel. Looks to be a fantastic decision maker with very good skills. Has speed and uses it, and very adept at winning his own ball. Moves the ball quickly too. Loved the part at 0:30 where he picks up a loose ball, shrugs off jake stringer who is 20kg heavier than he is, side steps, then fends off another player and gets a clean handball to a teammate before being tackled. Moments like that scream class. The first player that popped into my head was Trent Cotchin. Very excited about Broomhead, it seems more so than most posters here. I'm willing to call it, he'll be a gun. Anyone feel free to bookmark it and give me stick if i turn out to be wrong.
First player to pop in my head was Rory Sloane, either way looking good.:cool:

Kennedy grundy and broomhead will be players :thumbsu:

We've nailed this thomas/pendlebury or beams/sidebottom style

i think reading between the lines there were a lot of clubs interested in broomhead

know nothing about him but he appears to be a nice talent

i reckon the top 3 will see some senior football at some point next year

i think reading between the lines there were a lot of clubs interested in broomhead

now nothing about him but he appears to be a nice talent

i reckon the top 3 will see some senior football at some point next year

Grundy and kennedy WILL play senior footy next year, broomhead i would suspect too as well if he puts a bit of weight on

Maybe. Given he only played wing at SANFL because of his lack of size it's a big call to come up to AFL. Maybe a few games in his first season if things go his way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Broomhead's profile photo:
broomhead.jpg

Buckley said he would be doing this before he even took the reigns.

Clearly trying to build more of a Hawthorn style of list. Which I have no problem with.

Buckley said he would be doing this before he even took the reigns.

Clearly trying to build more of a Hawthorn style of list. Which I have no problem with.

I think Hine has definitely been told to go after players with speed, agility and great foot skills... I love those type of players !

Grundy doesn't fit the mold but he is a no-brainer

My excitement sensors seem to be out of whack... For some reason my excitement for our draftees is in this order:
1. Broomhead
2. Ben Kennedy
3. Grundy
4. Ramsay (I am still very excited about Ramsay though, the fact that he missed a lot of footy makes me think he could have a fair bit of improving to do).

P.S. I can run this through paint for a touch up if you'd like?
Tim Broomhead's profile photo:
broomhead.jpg

You are correct he does occasionally get it wrong although there aren't many.
I'll still back his judgment over posters on footy fan sites who only ever use his rare misses as evidence they would be a better drafter than him.
The fact is Hine is one of the best recruiters in the AFL and is acknowledged as such, while posters on the other hand just make guesses that mean nothing other than generating discussion.

And I don't think we will need to wait 5 years, if the kid is no good he will be gone in 2, however if he makes it I suspect you will forget this conversation much quicker than that.

Yes, but big footy is a forum set up to allow people like us, the chance to voice our "OPINION".

Therefore, when I am unhappy about a selection, I am going to voice it, rather than just go down the ever boring vanilla flavoured line of "Hine knows what he's doing"

Yes, we will wait to see what the future holds, but I stand by my opinion that Hrovat will end up being a much better player and leader than Broomhead will be.

Yes, but big footy is a forum set up to allow people like us, the chance to voice our "OPINION".

Therefore, when I am unhappy about a selection, I am going to voice it, rather than just go down the ever boring vanilla flavoured line of "Hine knows what he's doing"

Yes, we will wait to see what the future holds, but I stand by my opinion that Hrovat will end up being a much better player and leader than Broomhead will be.

Its not just about who will be the better player, it's who will be the better player in our team. Personally I don't think many people will argue that kennedy is better than hrovat, so with pick 20 it was theoretically between broomhead and hrovat.

As we already had kennedy blair elliot thomas sinclair and edwards next year, another midget in hrovat would of been bad for our team balance, making broomhead the better selection even if hrovat ends up being slightly better overall in a 1v1 comparison. Add in the fact we really need some pace in our team, that again makes broomhead the better choice (for us).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back