Welcome to the Bulldogs Caleb Poulter

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember seeing him for the first time during the single training session at Skinners that I attended over the summer. So I guess that makes me this boards resident expert on Poulter.

I had no idea who he was. However, he stood out and not for the ridiculousness of his mullet (get a haircut hippy!) but because of his ranginess, relentless running up and down the wings and his kicking of the ball. Im not sure that this has translated to the VFL just yet, but Footscray is currently a black hole of form that no-one can escape from right now. So I dont expect to glean much from there.

Projecting forward, he's a free hit in an age and playing position that we currently have a deficit. So nothing ventured nothing gained.

Good luck to him. Like all long shots who make it onto the list.

I genuinely hope that he can grasp this opportunity, run with it and boot it through for a career making goal.

Last edited:

Station breakdown?

He looks like a tanned version of bailey Smith

Positives:
can find the ball
Grest endurance
Good hands in close
Good height
Smart positioning and running patterns

Negatives
Very one sided
Sky high kicks
Not very accurate by foot (some disagree)
Doesnt use his height well both overhead or in contests (could improve with size added)
Appears one paced (although some disagree)

Good luck to him, with the right attitude he could be a solid player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll either be umber 25, which is the only one we have free from 1-44, or he can stick with the 54 from VFL, which is a good number.
Do NOT change numbers!! :p

I wanted him in the off-season when he was floating around as a desisted free agent, happy to get him now as a free hit. Still very young and hopefully some untapped potential there. Our wing depth is very poor, so at worst this could be decent depth if Oskar or Bailey Williams were to go down. Hope he can make that position his own over the next few seasons.

I wanted him in the off-season when he was floating around as a desisted free agent, happy to get him now as a free hit. Still very young and hopefully some untapped potential there. Our wing depth is very poor, so at worst this could be decent depth if Oskar or Bailey Williams were to go down. Hope he can make that position his own over the next few seasons.

We have depth on the wing Lobb!

I really rated his potential at the pies. Showed great running power and even snagged a couple of goals. Some queried his kicking but he played in Bucks last year and the whole team/structure/process was insipid across the board. I feel he is a neat kick and makes smart decisions with the ball.

As others have mentioned he presented as a laconic type bloke and some queried his hunger for the top level (maybe unfairly).

Love it for him that he’s put in some hard yards and has a grabbed a second chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back