Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, so, Exams for 2nd Year Chem Eng Monash just completed, stoked for the freedom ahead. Looking to deliver on my goal of making the highlights real of Wood's year as I think it goes srsly underrated by everyone in the AFL world, there were some seriously special moments that had me amazed... ANYWAY

Here we are at the temple, been quite a while since the freakish goal was kicked, had my own analysis on it but too busy to piece it together to share. Now i'm as free as it gets, so while we're up and about on the back of the Bont's first year hype, just ran into the goal again on Youtube.

Watched this on a lazy Sunday at a mates house, it's been a few years now that we've been on a ladder position that is disappointing but begs for us to beat the likes of St K, Melbourne and the expansion clubs. And here again it's even Stevens until the Bont kicked in.
Surrounded by the complete Melbourne Back Half, harasses Frawley to drop the ball not once, but twice not to be paid on either of them, Dominantly rakes it in away from congestion of Bail and Koby, Continues to evade a desperate effort from bail with a remarkable spin which in turn causes Bail to smash into a lunging Jetta and snaps the miracle.
The one thing I wish to contribute to what I think is so bloody amazing about this goal is what everyone called the 'fake'
To me it wasn't a fake as to say a fake is normally showing the motion of a handball/kick to something that perhaps was never there. From my observation, it's mindblowing to know that in reality, Honeychurch was standing there available for the handball which Bont quickly summed up as an option but saw he was being marked very closely. In that simple moment, he makes it a 'fake' and kicks it to the perfect height off the boot to avoid the smother into the matchwinner...
Personally never get too hyped on players to not build up unnecessary expectation, but I sat there on the couch in pure shock; he is one hell of matchwinner and so happy we got him with the output he gave us this year. Exciting times ahead

I know we have all said it before , but how on earth that wasnt goal of the year is a complete and utter disgrace . Just mind boggling actually how elite that goal was !

I know we have all said it before , but how on earth that wasnt goal of the year is a complete and utter disgrace . Just mind boggling actually how elite that goal was !
Because it's another s**t award from the AFL. It is decided by fans voting on-line and will always go to the player from a club with a bigger membership/fanbase.

Same BS as the RS. It took the AFLPA to show the AFL what a ****ed up award they have. Bonty won the AFLPA equivalent by the length of the Flemington straight.

The good news is that there is no place to hide from Bonty's brilliance. He is going to smash so many doors down that nobody can ignore him.

EDIT and TRIVIA: in 6900 posts that's the first time I've invoked the swear filter. It works! :)

Because it's another s**t award from the AFL. It is decided by fans voting on-line and will always go to the player from a club with a bigger membership/fanbase.

Same BS as the RS. It took the AFLPA to show the AFL what a ****** up award they have. Bonty won the AFLPA equivalent by the length of the Flemington straight.

The good news is that there is no place to hide from Bonty's brilliance. He is going to smash so many doors down that nobody can ignore him.

EDIT and TRIVIA: in 6900 posts that's the first time I've invoked the swear filter. It works! :)
* 'em :p

hes only a baby

reckon he is atleast 194cm now.....if its true he is 94kg he is goingvto end up around 100kg...wow wee

Was bored yesterday looking at videos from last years draft. Mick Ablett saying don't expect to see any of bonti next year. He certainly surprised a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an absolute gem of a draft choice by Dalrymple - what a gun recruiter!
It's a bit scary to think what some other clubs will be offering Bont next year and onwards... I hope we can keep him.

It's a bit scary to think what some other clubs will be offering Bont next year and onwards... I hope we can keep him.
is contracted to the end of 2017

Just watching back the pies game this year. A couple of funny comments from Bruce early.

1 (about Bonts) he doesn't look naturally like a very good kick of the ball

The other was awesome too but about Jones after his great run down tackle. "That should get him in the team the next 4 weeks!" 2 weeks later- dropped

Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt Bont partially/dominantly a Macca overule?

I remember somebody who has decent inside mail saying Dalrymple was keener on KK (not that he would have been a bad choice, a gun but he is too far beneath bonts)

Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt Bont partially/dominantly a Macca overule?

I remember somebody who has decent inside mail saying Dalrymple was keener on KK (not that he would have been a bad choice, a gun but he is too far beneath bonts)
i remember someone saying this at draft time last year

On so many occasions he'd pick up the ball, see the first available option look like he's about to handball it to him before pulling out and hitting a much much better option, all in the matter of seconds, its a seriously impressive trait.

Caleb Daniel does the same thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back