Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny, even on the main board people are just in love with him. But then again I can't see that lasting, seeing as we have some supporters who are arrogant dicks about him being with us.

This week will be the big test. I can just see the Hawks targeting him physically and verbally, let's see how he handles that.

Sorry for the intrusion, but does anyone know if there's truth to the rumour that he's got an injured calf?

Quickly becoming my favourite non-Carlton player.
Didn't train again today, he missed Tues and Thurs now. Hopefully nothing serious as mentioned earlier hopefully just a corkie but doesn't look like he'll line up this week:(

It's funny, even on the main board people are just in love with him. But then again I can't see that lasting, seeing as we have some supporters who are arrogant dicks about him being with us.

This week will be the big test. I can just see the Hawks targeting him physically and verbally, let's see how he handles that.
I was thinking that as well!
I can see someone like a Lewis trying to intimidate him, the boys have to be prepared for this and have his back and not take a backward step! let them know we aren't the easy beats of the Competition

Didn't train again today, he missed Tues and Thurs now. Hopefully nothing serious as mentioned earlier hopefully just a corkie but doesn't look like he'll line up this week:(

That'd be really disappointing, really want to see him out there ripping up the turf. I'll be saying a few Hail Bonti's in the hope that he lines up for you guys this week.

How did we go training today Doggy Dan? (Presuming you were there?)

Yep he was out doing some running drills with Wood and Moyd on Tuesday. All looked to be moving well enough to my eye.

Those may be the 2 best sentences ever posted on this board. Thanks, good sir.

Just dropping in to pay my respects....

(Sits in row, bows head, contemplates the greatness of the Bont quietly)

We're 100% for the year with Bontempelli, 0% without him.

Perhaps the players have bought into the cult? He is the future...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the players at Casey played against Bont during his under 18 years.
Thought he would be a 30-40 round pick before he rose the stocks.
Blokes a even bigger freak when you play against him.

I just posted this in the Swans gameday thread after someone mentioned it, but thought it was worth chucking in here. Compared the Bont with Fyfe, Pendlebury and Ablett after their first 20 games.

02c93897b4b843e2c15d715da8c28b09.png

Ablett was playing as a half forward/forward pocket 90% of the time when he started, the others have played mostly midfield from the start, probably not the best comparison.

Someone brought up comparing the Bont with the other three at the stage of their careers in the Swans game review thread.

I'd agree that GAJ probably isn't the best comparison for something like this though. At the end of their careers however... :D

Ablett was playing as a half forward/forward pocket 90% of the time when he started, the others have played mostly midfield from the start, probably not the best comparison.
Not sure what it proves, but Ablett just wasn't a star in his first year or two. Showed nothing like what the Bont has shown.

Not sure what it proves, but Ablett just wasn't a star in his first year or two. Showed nothing like what the Bont has shown.
I agree somewhat but when I remember Ablett's early days I recall a talented forward with a penchant for the freakish, if somewhat inconsistent and not the hardest worker around. There were definitely glimpses of what was to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back