West Coast, North Melbourne and Hawthorn. The rush to rebuild.

Remove this Banner Ad

My only query with Adelaide is how they will replace Smith, Sloane and Laird who are on the tail end of their careers. I think you will have enough coverage for Tex.

All three are still important contributors, arguably in your bests week in week out (maybe with the exception of Sloane). Moving Dawson back to cover Smith would be a mistake IMO as he is the dynamic midfielder the Crowbots have been crying out for decades (I still think you need another mid who has his damaging ability - maybe Rachele moves into this spot).

It's why I think the Crows are still 2 drafts + trade/FA period away from being a flag contender. Have a very good foundation to build off but need some finishing touches to really compete with the best.

The thing is, they're not difficult players to replace to stand still. Seeing Laird hasn't quite hit the heights of the previous two campaigns and Sloane is having a good revival year, but it's been 3-4 years since he was pumping A grade numbers. Smith is doing well, but half back isn't a particularly difficult role. As long as all of them don't retire in one year we should be able to replace them without really missing a beat.

Tex would be the player who in most scenarios would be difficult to replace, but well, we have Thilthorpe which makes that moot.

The game for Adelaide is to tighten up that defense. Get it to a suffocatingly miserly level and the high end talent will make this team a very difficult one to handle.

Thats fair. And FWIW I picked Adelaide in the original thread too. Winning!

I hope you spend your internet points wisely.

Mind you, I don't hate what the Hawks have done. Just follow the blueprint of work like hell on defense/pressure and the offensive play will come as you get better.

I reckon every team who has tried to build a premiership winning gameplan in the early stages of a rebuild, trying to own the corridor and outgunning sides, has ended up needing to rebuild said rebuild. Or have ended up also rans when it mattered.

Last edited:

Why do we need draft concessions? They should just recruit everyone from the state league.
It's not like they need to be successful to get supporters, the whole state is behind them already.
You have always been a troll.... But sure the Tassie side will choose 50 players from the state league with no AFL experience

As far as I am concerned about all 3 clubs.....

Hawthorn: I am not convinced about their current coach. But they have drafted some good kids. They will eventually contend for finals eventually.

North Melbourne: I would of said they are slowly doing fine. Then Clarkson took indefinite leave. They drafted some good kids.

West coast eagles: well I have been banned from that west coast: time for a rebuild thread for telling the truth LoL.

Apparently saying the eagles are not making finals for 4 or 5 seasons in a row with their ageing and beaten down squad.

Eagles fans went more defensive Than Ross Lyon tactics and replied by saying Freo has no flags and no 2023 1st and 2nd rounder... But whatever.

I think all 3 will get enough in the door in the next 4 drafts to avoid a 6-7 year purgatory, which is what GC and GWS caused.

WCE may just be 1 or two drafts short by that stage however.

This thread is probably more relevant for the Cats, Dogs, Blues, Saints, Lions imo.

Dogs as an example have been kissed on the dick with academy/fs selections, however they are all top tall prospects. They are going to need to replace Bont, Macrae, Libba, Treloar all right around the time of Tassies inclusion.

Cripps will be 32/33 for Tassies first season....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back