Preview Western Bulldogs 2013 Membership Count

Remove this Banner Ad

bk37UVc.png

Hurts being 3000 behind North :oops:

Yes, but for whatever reason our people arent buy memberships, Norf made the finals are are looking to build on that, so the bandwagon grows. There will be postive results in our numbers next off season if we show a bit on field this year.
As a few others have mentioned I dont get the decisions some supporters make about becoming members depending on what the potential on field is. I would rather be on board for the entire journey rather than fair weather supporting.
I know that $$$ & scheduling are other reasons and they can be explained away, but not the on field potential.

Yes, but for whatever reason our people arent buy memberships, Norf made the finals are are looking to build on that, so the bandwagon grows. There will be postive results in our numbers next off season if we show a bit on field this year.
As a few others have mentioned I dont get the decisions some supporters make about becoming members depending on what the potential on field is. I would rather be on board for the entire journey rather than fair weather supporting.
I know that $$$ & scheduling are other reasons and they can be explained away, but not the on field potential.

Scheduling is a big one! I'm not overly impressed with our hone draw. If I was a fair weather supporter, a home membership isn't that enticing.

i know there's usually a lag year for the bandwagons to jump on but looking back isn't it weird how our memberships declined (abeit a little) in 2009 when in 2008 we made the prelims.. but gee we had a big spike when Barry came on board. Wonder where our ceiling is..

19047 at this very minute

Around 1000 down on this time last year
That's not too bad really, considering how we finished off 2012. We have been steadily down about 1000-1500, i.e. the gap is not widening.

No doubt we'll get a real boost when Matty Boyd lifts the NAB Cup.

Yeah spoke to chris baba today as I went from a premiership gold membership to a top dog membership. He seemed happy enough with current figures although we both had a whinge at members jumping off.

cObrlzv.png

At least being dumped soon before Valentines day enables me to post these kind of things unhindered hahaha. A little bit of a jump this week which is good to see. Hopefully it's more of a sustained thrust upwards then in 2009 when a similar spike was seen before it faded badly before the march to may jump that every year seems to go through when the Nab Cup and season kicks into gear. In any case, fingers crossed for a good Nab Cup campaign.

Yeah spoke to chris baba today as I went from a premiership gold membership to a top dog membership. He seemed happy enough with current figures although we both had a whinge at members jumping off.

If my adult kids ever leave home I might be able to afford to be a Top Dog. How much is it yearly bulldogrob?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If my adult kids ever leave home I might be able to afford to be a Top Dog. How much is it yearly bulldogrob?
$925 mate which is about $77 per month if your a bulldog for life.

Well that spiked in a hurry

cObrlzv.png

At least being dumped soon before Valentines day enables me to post these kind of things unhindered hahaha. A little bit of a jump this week which is good to see. Hopefully it's more of a sustained thrust upwards then in 2009 when a similar spike was seen before it faded badly before the march to may jump that every year seems to go through when the Nab Cup and season kicks into gear. In any case, fingers crossed for a good Nab Cup campaign.
There, there. That's what you get for defacing my graph! Seriously, sad to hear but plenty more fish in the sea.

At least ours are 11 gamers.
I was at Whitten oval today supporting a young man with a disability to buy a membership- I lent him the money to be repaid when he has saved it himself- and was chatting to the very pleasant chap selling tickets. I mentioned that I was a North member and we agreed that we were in a similar boat and should be looking jointly at ways to improve our position- lobbying for a better deal at Etihad for instance. That was a contrast to snide comments such as this that are inaccurate anyway:
- bulldogs members aren't all 11 gamers as you sell 3 game memberships, plus country memberships, the same as North do
- Melbourne based home memberships for North are 11 game memberships the same as bulldogs

That was a contrast to snide comments such as this that are inaccurate anyway

I see that you are new here, just so you're aware team boards are usually for supporters of that team to talk without getting into arguments with supporters of other clubs. You're welcome to post here but if you want to get into a debate, try the main board or Bay 13.

That said, North had over 5,000 2-game Tassie members last year, in addition to the other partial memberships that both our clubs offer.

I mentioned that I was a North member and we agreed that we were in a similar boat and should be looking jointly at ways to improve our position- lobbying for a better deal at Etihad for instance.

Absolutely, I will be wrapped for both clubs if we can work together to get Ballarat over the line.

I was at Whitten oval today supporting a young man with a disability to buy a membership- I lent him the money to be repaid when he has saved it himself- and was chatting to the very pleasant chap selling tickets. I mentioned that I was a North member and we agreed that we were in a similar boat and should be looking jointly at ways to improve our position- lobbying for a better deal at Etihad for instance. That was a contrast to snide comments such as this that are inaccurate anyway:
- bulldogs members aren't all 11 gamers as you sell 3 game memberships, plus country memberships, the same as North do
- Melbourne based home memberships for North are 11 game memberships the same as bulldogs

I agree with you The Chorus, the AFL has stitched both of our teams up, with poor fixturing and stadium deals. However there are quite a few North supporters who seem to enjoy watching us fail, no doubt the supporters who think scrapping with the doggies faithful for the pitiful scraps the AFL throws our way, is the only way to go:confused:

I see that you are new here, just so you're aware team boards are usually for supporters of that team to talk without getting into arguments with supporters of other clubs. You're welcome to post here but if you want to get into a debate, try the main board or Bay 13.

That said, North had over 5,000 2-game Tassie members last year, in addition to the other partial memberships that both our clubs offer.

Absolutely, I will be wrapped for both clubs if we can work together to get Ballarat over the line.

I have no intention of getting into an argument. Indeed I was making the point that North and Bulldog supporters are in similar positions and should cooperate instead of arguing. I wouldn't normally be looking at the Buldogs board except for the fact that I had been at Whitten Oval supporting my friend to buy his cheer squad membership and that prompted me to have a look at what you guys thought of your progress this year. I hope you do well and I will take my friend to a number of games this year as I did last year, and buy his raffle tickets- hoping for good perforances except against North. You might be interested to hear that after the last game last year he stood at the back of the cheer squad and shouted to all and sundry that he wasn't joining next year because the Bulldogs were so pathetic- instead he would just watch Werribee. I persuaded him to rejoin and took him in to encourage him to actually sign up again .

PS Your membership guy did a great job helping my friend with a disability presented a very good image of your club

I know it sounds a bit bogus to us, but simply put, playing badly turns people off buying memberships.

I think it's more to do with more inexperience / re-building are not too much entertainment for some. Other teams just too strong and experienced. Our turn will come. I personally find more joy watching my kid grow up, she's only 6 but at least I go to a couple games (3 game membership) each year for last few seasons since 2008 (full season member then). Look fwd to taking my daughter this year but not against the feral club supporters.

I have no intention of getting into an argument.

Calling my comment a snide remark and inaccurate was provocative. I notice you ignored my response regarding it's inaccuracy.

PS Your membership guy did a great job helping my friend with a disability presented a very good image of your club

Great to hear, thanks for the kind words.

Calling my comment a snide remark and inaccurate was provocative. I notice you ignored my response regarding it's inaccuracy.

Great to hear, thanks for the kind words.

I deliberately ignored the response about accuracy to avoid getting into one of the interminable arguments that these threads so often become. Since you have asked though, I was referring to your original claim that "at least ours are 11 gamers" is not entirely accurate when you are selling 3 game memberships, country memberships and interstate memberships

Since you have asked though, I was referring to your original claim that "at least ours are 11 gamers" is not entirely accurate when you are selling 3 game memberships, country memberships and interstate memberships

Fair call. It was a reference to being "3,000 behind North" though, which your Tassie members easily account for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back