we've lost our win ethic

Remove this Banner Ad

and a final loss of 39 points.

But it's all part of the rebuilding process.

On our way back to the top we will learn to win those games.

It was very much like the Sydney match in Round 2.

Ahhh the frustration !!!

But yeah WCE2000 you are right we didnt seem to have the desire tonight. I was at the Sydney game and was really proud of the way the whole team lifted in the 2nd half.

Tonight we only had a few who were prepared to lift and put in when the going was tough - I really expected a better fight than that....

If it wasnt for Phil, Williams, Fletcher and Gardy, Kerr we would have lost by about 20 goals.

I thought Ken F*&#ing Judge was a bit average as well. Wirra was letting too many goals thru and should have been thrown in the middle or up forward. Also Kempy should have either played 4 quarters or not been in the side - if he's fit he should be on the ground. Those early misses by Scotty / Willo / Phil were really costly and the skills tonight were way down...

Damn shame about losing Macca - once I heard that I thought it was gonna be a tough night, still only a few seemed to care about the colours tonight...

Bring on the bombers!!!

------------------
"Do you see the way that tree bends....does it inspire"

Yeah i thought we were pretty disappointing tonight. I think losing Ash just before the game was a huge blow and that left us short in the defensive talls department. But the loss was more than that with McIntosh been all class and in good form. He would have quelled the influence of Richardson.

The first quarter was pretty shocking with our three main forwards all missing opportunities at goals. The second was a bit of an arm wrestle but the Tiges continued to be pretty much in control.

We looked gone 10 mins into the third with Richmond kicking the first 2 goals to go 8 clear! But i think a huge + for us this year is not dropping our heads and accepting a massacre. Instead much like Sydney we fought back with 6 in a row. We certainly had the momentum going into the last but in the end there tall forwards were too much for us.

Not really many winners on the ground but Williams was brilliant with 13 marks, Cousins again playing virtually the whole game on the ball with taggers managed to get 27 possesions to continue his message to the football world that he has arrived.

Phillip Matera was a livewire and always looked dangerous and Peter Matera was once again good out of defence. Fletcher also was great tagging Knights out of the game and managed to get 15 or so possesions himself.

But apart from those 5 i didnt really see many winners on the ground. I believe the game would have been a lot different if McIntosh played but good sides can cover losses like that and we didnt do that.

Well all that said hopefully Braun and Jones can come into the side next week. I heard Cummings could be gone for another 2 weeks .. Grrrrrrr. But they dont get any easier with a little jacket waving next week. I doubt we will be the ones doing the waving though
frown.gif

Oh almost forgot .. please for the love of GOD can we please drop Carroll!!!!!! Im sure he will be useful later but for lords sake drop him and let him find some form!!

------------------
Use the force Luke ....

Ok here's my report of the game:

We got off to the worst possible start firstly by losing McIntosh before the bounce, then taking 20 minutes into the first quarter to stop Richmonds onslaught. Their midfield absoloutely killed us. Not just in skill but how efficient and effective they used the ball. I want to know when Joel Bowdens contract expires, because some of the goals he kicked were awsome.

Enough of the first quarter, I was slightly puzzeled as to why Ken Judge was taking Kemp on and off with Kerr all the time? If Kemp wasn't 100% right to play they should of given Humm his debut. The kid's had some good games with East Perth and has been a goalkicker for them too.

Did all the Richmond players have BO or something? Why on earth didn't the Eagles man up? Wirrpunda let a few shockers go through, but it wasn't just him. We had a lot of problems getting ourselves out of trouble, especially coming out of the 50m zone. Some players consistantly seem to put their team-mates under pressure, hense causing the turnovers.

I think the highlight of the night for me was the dude who won the 'Do it like Dennis' contest at half time.

Originally posted by iceman:
i was at the game and i think that we turned the ball over every 5 minutes..

so frustrating!!!
Couldn't agree with you more iceman. In the first quarter we made the little league look like AFL superstars. After that standing obaysion (sp) at 3/4 time you would have thought they would have given a bit more effort in the final quarter. I had had a great week, seeing them beat the dockers, but seeing them play like that was really disappointing!

------------------
If everybody is rowing the boat together then there's no body to rock it!
CARN THE 7TH WONDERS
CARN THE W C WARRIORS

Originally posted by GoEagles:
Did all the Richmond players have BO or something?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Thats gotta be the funniest excuse for not manning up i have ever heard.

Good one GoEagles
biggrin.gif

When i played for our school footy team last year the FF i played on kept farting so i got the coach to swap me(didn't tell the coach bout the farting though) so BO is certainly a possibility.

------------------
"I'm not going to waste my life trying to prolong it"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. They had the internet back then?!
Maybe. Some say that you used to handwrite and mail in your replies and which thread it was to be typed in via a locked bag postal address. That's how FiveStrings found out he was to be a mod. Knew it was coming and when he was carded by the postie he raced down to the local post office to pick up his undelivered mail. He then put on the new Nirvana album and rejoiced with a passion pop or 3 after driving down to the bottle shop in his Datsun 120Y. He bought it quite cheap considering it was almost brand new. Paint was still glossy.

Maybe. Some say that you used to handwrite and mail in your replies and which thread it was to be typed in via a locked bag postal address. That's how FiveStrings found out he was to be a mod. Knew it was coming and when he was carded by the postie he raced down to the local post office to pick up his undelivered mail. He then put on the new Nirvana album and rejoiced with a passion pop or 3 after driving down to the bottle shop in his Datsun 120Y. He bought it quite cheap considering it was almost brand new. Paint was still glossy.

I can confirm this is a true story...

(Can't believe I've been around this long...)

One thing Woosha did give this team is a great work ethic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back