Society & Culture What are things that you enjoy, which you're too embarrassed to tell other people about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Croweater

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2013
Somewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC, Arsenal FC,
We all have those guilty pleasures which we hide from our family and friends in order to avoid ridicule.

It could mean a certain song, a movie or anything that would go against pre-conceived notions of masculinity or femininity, depending on which gender trait you categorise yourself under, and which would involve endless pisstakes, jibes and/or metaphorical confiscation of 'man cards' or the female equivalent.

This is a safe place to bear all, folks.

Anyway, I'll get the ball rolling. I have a few, so bear with me.

The O.C.: I enjoyed this show a lot as a kid, and it was always exciting on Tuesday's after school, with footy training, karate, The O.C. and Rove Live forming a good night of activities. I don't know what it was about The O.C.; maybe the decent looking girls, the adolescent parties which I looked forward to being acquainted with a couple years down the track, or watching a good kid who grew up in a rough neighbourhood have the chance to create a better life for himself. I love a good underdog story!

Romantic Comedies: I love lad movies like Iron Man, Die Hard, anything with Jason Statham, but I don't mind watching an easy-going Rom-Com with a cliché attractive ensemble cast, who all happen to have good careers and live in trendy SoHo, the Westside of Los Angeles or any other idyllic setting. You know the formula. Movies like Crazy, Stupid, Love, Four Holidays, Valentine's Day, Friends With Benefits, etc. are pretty common choices. Life can be stressful, so it's good to watch a movie with a picturesque setting, which always has a few lessons, a plot twist and a teary crescendo, before the inevitable happy ending.

Important life moment clips on YouTube: This usually means awesome marriage proposals, pregnancy reveals and university/college acceptances. I love watching these videos, particularly really well thought out marriage proposals. There was this one guy who, under a different name, called up the hotel his girlfriend worked in to get a room set up for a romantic evening. Champagne, flowers, the works. As she was on that night, she went up to deliver room service. As she walks in, he puts on Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World on vinyl (which on their first date, she said she'd marry the guy who did that for her, so kudos for remembering). She was gobsmacked. Very pimp. I think I enjoy those videos purely because I love seeing unbridled joy. It makes you feel happy. I saw this couple who had been trying to get pregnant for years through IVF receive a message from their doctor, who told them that they were going to have a baby. I'm a stoic guy, but even I felt like I needed to go and punch a wall, or watch a Bruce Willis movie, in order to get my manliness back. Great stuff, nonetheless.

The proposal:

The pregnancy reveal (the reveal's at 5:30):

So folks, what things do you enjoy which you're too embarrassed to tell others?

Do we really need to go into my favourite pr0n categories?

Haha, I knew someone was going post something sexual. What do you enjoy, that you want to keep secret? Ambiguous title.

I was going to hashtag #inb4analsex, but I thought I'd give you lot the benefit of the doubt. Glad to see you proved me wrong!

Thread going well!

Sniffing my own farts.

No need to be embarrassed.You're amongst friends.

It's my belief that I'm the only man on this planet who has not yet slept with Brooke on The Bold &The Beautiful.So occasionally, I'll tune in to see if that situation has changed.

I'm also a sucker of pregnancy reveal videos.
The longer the playlist, the better.

Also, love listening to children's show theme songs.
One's of which were part of my childhood.
FWIW, my favourites are Raggy Dolls and Bananas in Pyjamas.

I liked the thought of drums being included in those themes.

Postman Pat's theme song, out of all of them, was then and probably still is sleep inducing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jersey Shore
Guilty pleasure of mine too. Can be ******* hilarious at times.

Will never forget the time The Situation headbutted the concrete wall.

Guilty pleasure of mine too. Can be ******* hilarious at times.

Will never forget the time The Situation headbutted the concrete wall.
pauly_d2.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back