Sports What are your favourite and least favourite sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Union has more tactical nous than AFL IMO.
Fair call. Some in the thread have said it's only behind Test cricket in terms of demanding an understanding of the game and situations. It's not my cup of tea though.

Favourite:
Australian Rules Football
Soccer
Horse Racing
Rugby League
Racing type events (non-motorsport) ---> Swimming, Athletics, Rowing etc.

Least Favourite:
Motorsport. Any.
American Football
Baseball
Basketball (Love playing basketball though)
Netball

There are plenty of different types of pitchers in baseball and different types of grounds/wall sizes.

There are ebbs and flows, battles within battles, rivalries, romances, curses and the fresh hope that opening day or day 1 of the postseason brings.

Fair enough - as I said Im not exposed to the sport enough to see all this. It just seems extremely dry and boring. If I was American I would be obsessed.

Baseball is one of those ones where it is way better live. Doesn't transfer to TV well.

Ive been to a few ABL games with some baseball playing mates and have been bored shiteless.

Im guessing in America its the atmosphere, hot dogs etc that makes it

Fave:
1. Aussie Rules
2. Football
3. Formula 1
4. V8 Supertaxi's
5. Basketball (to play)
6. Gridiron

Least fave:
1. Swimming
2. Union
3. Baseball
4. UFC
5. Major League Gaming

Suprised field hockey hasnt been mentioned at all - theres a pretty big scene over here in Perth. I think its a pretty good game.

Plus the hockeyroos are babes
hockey.jpg

Does anybody actually like motorsport? Not many admit it but somehow it gets crowds.

F1 is awesome. Its so professional and clean. The pinnacle of engineering. The new engines sound awful but.

V8's go alright. Would get into it more if it wasnt so boganised maybe.

Motorsport is definitely something that comes across poorly on tv. The way tv cameras follow the cars sees means the sense of speed and power lost on the viewer. If you go to a track and see it live with all the noise and speed its awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. rugby league
2. aussie rules
3. american football
4. test cricket
5. squash (have played it for a lot of my life and love it, but it's declining popularity means it's on the box less and less)

these sports bring me a lot of joy.

i'm generally a sports lover though and have a passing interest in most sports and will watch them if they're on, especially:
soccer, rugby union, basketball, t20, odi cricket, tennis, netball, f1)

can't say i really hate any sport, i don't particularly care for v8s or golf though.
actually, i take that back, i hate sports involving animals and violence, eg: boxing, ufc, horse racing, greyhounds etc.

Good to watch idiots get slaughtered.
Idiots beating each other over the head and landing the odd choice hit to the groin - I'm not a fan but I like that it encourages the refinement of the gene pool.

Fair call. Some in the thread have said it's only behind Test cricket in terms of demanding an understanding of the game and situations. It's not my cup of tea though.

Fair enough. It's definitely one of those sports you need to play to understand and appreciate the skillset and what is actually going on due to all the rules. Some of the most underrated athletes in the world as well, unbelievable fit and powerful- especially backrowers.

Does anybody actually like motorsport? Not many admit it but somehow it gets crowds.

Think it's a bit like horse racing - only really into it if your parents are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back