• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
Do we keep playing and hope he improves, do we replace him? What about next year? do we give him a contract or let him go via free agency? what are your thoughts?

He great when Hidden with our zone defense

Was exposed and you could see it in his play when GWS played Man on Man. I wouldn't move earth to keep him

Toby Greene embarrassed Suckling to the point where you actually wonder how the hell he has even player senior footy..

What utter crap singling out suckling, and even others. We're not Carlton or Richmond here. FFS he had plenty of mates yesterday as well as a other losses this year. I'm pretty pissed off with the effort from almost all yesterday but I can't stomach the constant bagging of some of our players.
This is true and it is easier to single out the whipping boys.

However whipping boys are them for a reason. They regularly feature poorly in losses and do things that frustrate the hell out of you.

Sucklings 2 efforts at 18 points and 12 points up resulted in 2 goals and the whole momentum changed. My mate and I were defending him early on in the game to his old man and by the end we had nothing left to defend him with as he was just ridiculously poor in that final quarter.

Now I and alot of others have bashed Suckling and Schoenmakers. To show I'm not just singling out the usual suspects.

Breust plays very dumb lazy footy at times and continuously plays for free kicks. Frustrating player and rarely if ever plays well in losses.

Roughy, whilst it's usually harder as a key forward to play well when another team is on top of you, he was nowhere to be seen and sometimes shows a lack of leadership in the tough games. This is why Lewis will be captain once Hodgey hands it over.

McEvoy, this guy was so poor last night and if we're being honest has been all season

Hill and Cyril hardly showed up and had stinkers

Whitey has never been a good sub.

As for the thread relevance. A club will probably be dumb enough to offer Suckers good money to leave and I won't be too disappointed seeming he is just the icing on the cake. I'd rather he stay than go as he is still best 22 or depth but he won't be a huge loss.

This is true and it is easier to single out the whipping boys.

However whipping boys are them for a reason. They regularly feature poorly in losses and do things that frustrate the hell out of you.

Sucklings 2 efforts at 18 points and 12 points up resulted in 2 goals and the whole momentum changed. My mate and I were defending him early on in the game to his old man and by the end we had nothing left to defend him with as he was just ridiculously poor in that final quarter.

Now I and alot of others have bashed Suckling and Schoenmakers. To show I'm not just singling out the usual suspects.

Breust plays very dumb lazy footy at times and continuously plays for free kicks. Frustrating player and rarely if ever plays well in losses.

Roughy, whilst it's usually harder as a key forward to play well when another team is on top of you, he was nowhere to be seen and sometimes shows a lack of leadership in the tough games. This is why Lewis will be captain once Hodgey hands it over.

McEvoy, this guy was so poor last night and if we're being honest has been all season

Hill and Cyril hardly showed up and had stinkers

Whitey has never been a good sub.

As for the thread relevance. A club will probably be dumb enough to offer Suckers good money to leave and I won't be too disappointed seeming he is just the icing on the cake. I'd rather he stay than go as he is still best 22 or depth but he won't be a huge loss.

Unless we can get Dangerfield :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made Greene look like Aker.
Back to Box Hill until he earns his spot.
we all know its not going to happen though and he'll be doing the same things again next week.

His thought-processing time is what concerns me the most. He's almost the polar opposite to someone like Mitchell, who I feel makes time appear to stand still he has that much time. I sometimes feel I could knock off an essay in the time Suckling makes a decision with ball in hand.

What utter crap singling out suckling, and even others. We're not Carlton or Richmond here. FFS he had plenty of mates yesterday as well as a other losses this year. I'm pretty pissed off with the effort from almost all yesterday but I can't stomach the constant bagging of some of our players.

Cool, let's just sugarcoat the truth and stroke the plums of Matthew Suckling. I mean the world is such a beautiful place, who has ever been singled out in the work place for stuffing up? Never happens does it? He is an employee of our footy club, without paying members who support his sorry arse he'd probably be pushing trolleys at Woolworths in Wagga.

He played like a donut, he single handedly gave the opposition multiple goals in situations where it could have been prevented. I agree he didn't lose us the game, there were plenty of others who contributed however Suckling was the leader of the pack and deserves the criticism.

He lost one contest?
OMG

He's been good this year.

I also remember him playing a great game in a Grand Final not long ago ...

He lost one contest?
OMG

one contest?? ...he can't or won't tackle and out of 100 1 v 1 contests he might win 3....also his decision making time is very slow and constantly gets caught holding the ball because of it (and will not break a tackle)

he is good when we are well on top like the GF but this is not enough to cover his large deficiencies

one contest?? ...he can't or won't tackle and out of 100 1 v 1 contests he might win 3....also his decision making time is very slow and constantly gets caught holding the ball because of it (and will not break a tackle)

he is good when we are well on top like the GF but this is not enough to cover his large deficiencies

This almost sounds like Langford who for the life of me escapes criticism because he is a father/son and played a great finals series last season. Suckling had his mates yesterday but it is a constant thing in his performances ... What should be an easy rebound 50 turns into Benny hill scenes before the oppositions scores a goal.

When we lose is exposes holes and drums into us that we aren't the pretty much invincible side we have been the last 3-4 seasons.

Hes the sort of guy that a club would want. Deadly left foot. I wouldnt begrudge him leaving. But i see richmond or carlton luring him with a 3 year 300k+ deal and not realising he has some flaws
Yeah they can have the stinker lol have fun with the tosser of a footballer!!

He lost one contest?
OMG

I admire the way you stick fat and always support the players Davo, I really do

However if you think he lost just one contest then watch it back. He lost several and was the main reason GWS cut the margin from 18 points to 6 in the space of a few minutes. I still think his strengths outweigh his weaknesses but sometimes players deserve to come under scrutiny for their performances.

It's up to him to improve and lessen the times he gets beaten.

Evidently suckling seems to have banged about half of the fan base of bigfootys wifes. just my guess
His decision making is that slow that he hasn't yet figured out which one he wants.

*insert quip about him not getting defensive too*

Hes the sort of guy that a club would want. Deadly left foot. I wouldnt begrudge him leaving. But i see richmond or carlton luring him with a 3 year 300k+ deal and not realising he has some flaws

Then maybe we should shut this thread down incase opposition camps read it?? :p We don't want anyone to get deterred from making him a good offer ;)

Back