Review What do you mean we f**king won at Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Top night for us Jed Heads - needed the great man to keep Tom Stewart under control.

DeadHeads will still bitch and moan about the great man tho.

Perhaps he should only play when he has a tagging role on a specific defender because he has been useless up til that point.

Just watched a replay of the first half as I missed a lot of it last night.
Dominated the midfield with JFH, Butters, Drew and Wines. Great performance from Visenteni and Mead, they showed they belong at this level.

Who would have thought there was a better game plan than bombing on Dixons head.

I didn’t think Scott was that bad, he is answering what he’s asked. His comments were more broad about the overall shape of the game whilst not ton potting umpires
His views on umps interpretation of holding the ball is spot on. The amount of time umpires are giving players to get rid of the ball when they are tackled is ridiculous.

But this commentary of his was just plain wrong:

'he also claimed the goal to Jeremy Cameron in the final two minutes of the game because the umpire decided to bring the ball back to have Ollie Henry take a free kick rather than pay advantage.'

'It would have brought the margin back to one behind in Port Adelaide’s favour.'

“It was a goal and that’s the point I was trying to make,” Scott said.

His views on umps interpretation of holding the ball is spot on. The amount of time umpires are giving players to get rid of the ball when they are tackled is ridiculous.

But this commentary of his was just plain wrong:

'he also claimed the goal to Jeremy Cameron in the final two minutes of the game because the umpire decided to bring the ball back to have Ollie Henry take a free kick rather than pay advantage.'

'It would have brought the margin back to one behind in Port Adelaide’s favour.'

“It was a goal and that’s the point I was trying to make,” Scott said.

He should have explained to him that's it's not rugby where an advantage can carry on though phases of play. The ball was hacked forward to a group of players, there was no advantage and the ump had blown his whistle and called time off.

Cameron shouldn't even have been on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t think Scott was that bad, he is answering what he’s asked. His comments were more broad about the overall shape of the game whilst not ton potting umpires

Except the bit where he deliberately
misrepresented the advantage rule.

It’s a pity there weren’t a couple of more seconds on the clock. It would have been fitting for Rioli to kick the last goal. He was down on himself for letting the team down for the double 50 and goal

Or he could've just kicked it earlier. Not like he didn't know it was down to the final seconds of the match.

It defies belief that a first round (?) recruit would need to work on his kicking.
He’s not the elite kick that people assumed when we drafted him, but his kick can be above average. He’s had an interrupted season and was one game from another injury. His kicking tired late in the game because he kicked unbalanced. Mead’s did too. I expect his kicking to be better when / if he gets match fitness up and adjusts better to the pace of the game. He gets a solid pass from me.

She'd be in her late 50s. Maybe she just doesn't want to miss a Harvey Norman bargain.
Maybe that could be Ken's new nickname - as far as keeping him as coach, I've had absolutely no interest for at least 5 years.

Or he could've just kicked it earlier. Not like he didn't know it was down to the final seconds of the match.
There isn’t a count down clock he can see. Our bench gives a 1 minute warning but that’s not enough in those circumstances

It’s a pity there weren’t a couple of more seconds on the clock. It would have been fitting for Rioli to kick the last goal. He was down on himself for letting the team down for the double 50 and goal
He got cornered by BT at the after the game interviews in the rooms - was very apologetic over his brain fade and then went on with his own thoughts of the game and BT could not get a word in edgeways. Actually, Willie spoke very well and it was so funny that he was taking over BT’s commentary and all he could do was to hold the microphone and look stupid.

Well that didn’t go to script, not even the dark Sith Lord on the sidelines could believe we managed to pull it off. At the final siren he didn’t know whether to run off & embrace the nearest Cats jumper or seek out his own.

As to the game itself, it appeared we were in full control until Willie threw his putter into the adjacent lake after 3 putting from 6 inches out. It was all the Cats needed to come roaring back to life & almost stealing it.

We had some outstanding contributions throughout the night, but Ollie was the pick of the bunch for mine, turning back the clock & pulling out a performance reminiscent of his Brownlow year.

Butters was superb as acting Captain, just found another level, while JHF once again proved he is heading towards greatness. His composure, decision making & ferocious attack on the ball is mouth watering good.

Big tick for Dante, just love his never say die attitude & competitive nature, we’ve found a good one here.

Extremely happy for Sinn, he’s coming from a long way back but possesses some strong AFL traits. I hope the selectors persist with him for now.

I get a lot of things wrong, but I do remember in the preseason calling for Mead to be given a crack in the midfield with Rozee rotating out onto a wing. I know it’s early days, but I think Mead is a pure onballer, while Rozee is more suited to an outside wing/HFF role.

Esava was fantastic back in familiar surroundings, while Farrell was also very important.

On TV, it didn’t look like we pressed as high this week, so maybe they have adjusted the playbook after last weeks sh*tshiw against the Crows.

Kenny’s back baby!

Mead in the guts & Rozee on the wing, most definitely.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back